RIP Top Gear *sobs uncontrollably*

aznriptide859

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be reading the situation completely wrong but I have a feeling the original Top Gear crew will be back on the BBC, with Clarkson...Now, it might not be next year, say 2017.  After a nice little break, slightly revamped format but with what we all know and love relatively the same.

Lots of BBC articles are referencing the leaving of Clarkson as what it was, contract not renewed.  Now, I have a sneaky suspicion they're going to wait for it all to blow over and boom, new contracts.  What with the producer having now quit, it's going to get harder and harder for the BBC to reinvent.  Just my thoughts anyway.  Maybe wishful thinking ha ha.  Hopefully I'll be able to quote this post in a year or two and say 'called it' heh.

Irrelevant if they were all taken back on with the BBC on new contracts though.  I did think about that though should they go on to somewhere else.  Would it be considered competition if they were on Netflix?  Online only vs broadcast, not really competing imo.

I'm not so sure. Would you consider someone making videos on YouTube was making a TV show? Just because it can be viewed on smart TVs doesn't make it a TV show. I mean, you don't even need a TV licence to watch it. Seems like it would be easy for a lawyer to argue it wasn't a competing product.

Archived