Hero Arms Cmag

Antagon

H Yith,

I got the same cmag and gun and experienced exactly the same problem.

I agree that its most certainly the area between the feeding tube and the latch of the C-Mag.

Please let me know when you solved it and how you did it.

The problem is that the feed tube on the CA M15A4 metal hop-up is about 1mm too short. This is because it is actually a copy of the Systema metal hop up which is also about 1mm too short.

What happens is that the feed tube isn't quite long enough to push the bb retention lever on the mag out of the way enough for the bbs to flow freely. I initially tried making the mag sit higher in the mag well as described for using the DTP C-Mag with the Systema metal hop on http://www.elementconcepts.com. The mag however is already sitting as far up in the mag well as it can.

So, what I did was stick a small piece of plastic sheathed wire onto the part of the feed tube that pushes against the bb retention lever on the mag. I used superglue to do this making sure that the super glue didn't go anywhere else on the hop-unit by putting a blob of superglue on a seperate piece of wood and transfering small blobs with a craft knife. Then when the super glue had hardened I carved the wire/plastic to ensure a nice clean fit and to ensure that the bbs travelled through the hop unit cleanly.

A picture can be seen here: http://airsoft.yith.co.uk/gallery.php?page=1&category=94

The mag now fits the gun and feeds perfectly. I was going to use a stronger glue than super glue, because I know how brittle it can be, but right now it seems fine and since it shouldn't be placed under any shearing forces I think it will be fine for a while.

This fix may help the gun work better with other types of mags as well... for instance I was having some small problems with G&G 450rnd hicaps.

The one other problem I did have was the mag itself jammed whith two bbs stuck in the entry to the feed wheel. I managed to free them by taking the cover off the mag and sticking a piece of wire in to dislodge them. So far its done this twice. I can't see that its possible to fix the mag to avoid this as the mechanism all appears to be glued up rather than screwed together. So I've sprayed some silicon grease on the area and will hope for the best.

i am presently using a caw c drum manual winder, and have my aeg customised battery inside the bottom section as it is empty. however, the thing that annoys the hell out of me is how tall the manual one is. this is due to the hi cap wind mech. if i buy a hero arms electric one (which is designed correctly unlike the manual one) is there any space for me to stick any aeg batteries? is the entire right drum dedicated to bbs?

i am presently using a caw c drum manual winder, and have my aeg customised battery inside the bottom section as it is empty. however, the thing that annoys the hell out of me is how tall the manual one is. this is due to the hi cap wind mech. if i buy a hero arms electric one (which is designed correctly unlike the manual one) is there any space for me to stick any aeg batteries? is the entire right drum dedicated to bbs?

The whole right side is pretty much for bbs only. There is maybe a small area at the bottom that you could use.

There is also however quite a bit of room on the left hand side.

In fact I was thinking of putting a rechargeable AEG style battery in there to run the cmag rather than the supplied aa bats. Of course it would have to be some sort of custom battery.

So basically, yes there is room in the mag... I'm just not sure how much...

The following applies to my CA M15A4 (first version with a 2 part hopup system).

Here is how I solved the feeding problem:

A) Problem: BB Release Latch didn't fully retract.

Solution: The latch on the cmag was filed off to the extent

that it would rectract itself by the pressure of the BBs.

B) Problem: After finishing A) there was still feeding problems,

because of a too wide gap between feeding tube and magazine also causing Air Leakage.

Solution: Paved the recess in the magazine (where the magazine catch would hold the magazine in place)

with insulation tape, so that it would sit higher within the mag well and thus

eliminating the gap.

After all that you get a scary support weapon with no reload

interruption until your battery or motor starts to fuse with your AEG.

I've got both the CA M15A4 (Now a patriot) and the Hero arms C-mag for the M16, and i have had no problems wit it at all.

The M15A4 i have is a later version i presume as it has a one peice metal hop up, but i have found the C-mag to be very reliable, so far.

I do find that i have to use the pressure switch to wind the mag very frequently as i do not get many rounds per wind, probably about 40.

But i am impressed with it so far. Only thing i didn't like were the cheap screws they used, as the heads kept getting worn away... but replacements screws solved that.

Hello folks, I new on here. I just wanted to know if anyone else has used this C-mag on the TM- Armalite series. I own one for a TM-M4, and as much as I adore that C-mag, it's been jamming/misfeeding like crazy. I was reading the earlier posts about Yith and his CA M15 & the metal hop up chamber, It was good info, but I don't know much of the CA guns or metal hop up, so I can't really compare it to TM stuff. I did notice on the C-mag itself that it appears like the bb latch (that lil' spring thing by the bb feeding hole that holds the bbs in/pull back to make bb's fly out) is a bit longer than that of other mags I have. (I'll post pics when I get home)

I'm starting to think that it may have something to do with the misfeeding/jamming.

Took the mag out for the first time yesterday... worked very well apart from a single jam.

Taking it apart in the field I found that the bbs had jammed in the wheel entry just as I had found before. Nudging the "counterweight?" (the semicircular metal disk) freed it up.

So, last night I drilled a hole in the casing near the disk so that if it does it again I can poke an allen key to free it up, rather than having to take the mag apart.

• 5 months later...

New news on this specific subject (ie Hero Arms C-mags in a Sun Project).

I bought a Hero Arms mag for my XM177 (because buying enough of the shiny silver Guarder mags to be skirmishable just wasn't an option and because with CO2 as a power source I don't feel like I'm being a cheese merchant with it).

When I first tried it it didn't fit. Horror of horrors it didn't even come close to homing.

It seemed that the 'nozzle' was hitting the top of the mag rather than dropping into the hole in the top.

Out came the verniers and the Classic army locap which came with the gun - and which fit and fed fine.

The sizes didn't seem too far off, though as previously suggested the top edge of the catch pocket is higher (making the mag looser) but nothing which would stop it homing.

Then I spotted something. The top of the BB catch (the little catch which stops BBs coming out when the mag isn't in a gun) had a little dink in it. The lsoping face was too far forward and wasn't engaging with the loading nozzle and moving aside - it was hitting square and had nowhere to go.

Having added a small peice of plasticard to the catch in front of the bit you pull back to release it and therefore moved the rest position of the catch backwards it homed and fed fine. I needed about 1-1.5mm - however I'm not sure whether that's just mine.

• 11 months later...

A friend bought one for his G3. We got to open it up on it's first outing as it wouldn't wind/feed properly. We never were able to fix it.

Inside, it's a hi-cap turned on its side, woulnd by a small motor attached to a cheap plastic gear set. Any one of the parts is cheap and nasty enough to cause problems - with this mag, it was the hi-cap. There was enough play in some of the parts that the hi-cap mechanism would jam rather than feeding properly - nudge it with a fingernail and it would work, but to do that you have to take the mag apart.

My advice would be to tread warily.

Yeah I'm intrested in getting one also. I see that earlier in the thread they were making mods to the Hop-Up unit, but they had the earlier version, the 2 piece plastic one, and now that its metal I dont think that would be possible. And then since the new version is out, is that 1mm gap still a problem?

Damn, I want one [to work] so badly.

Archived