NEW KJW/GUARDER CUSTOM CZ75 SP01

CZFan

NonEx, on 27 Jun 2016 - 5:34 PM, said:

Not a fan of the pistol but I certainly appreciate what you guys are doing here :D

Could they not have gone with a more BOOOORING screw for those grips, lol :P

If the RS screws are bigger at least you can then drill and tap the hole in the gun to use RS screws if you wish.

They are not big enough imo.  You wont get enough thread in the soft alloy.  Difference is half a MM. I suppose you could try but the risk is high. Typically you tap .3mm under the size. so you have to drill .2mm above the stock  size, and it might not be enough to clean all threads. Which gives you exactly .5mm. Not sure I want to mess with that even on the bench press

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes ^^.  NonEx, look at the photo in post #96 and see where the screw-hole sits in the hammer spring housing relative to the edge of that lump of (soft) metal.  I thought about tapping but decided against it.  Still have to research any other suitable 3mm screws to replace the KJs.

Where do you guys buy your RS parts?

I tried Cajun works, but they don't ship outside the states.

Ipscstore.eu shipping costs are just a bit too expensive.

Not sure about cz store in the Czech Republic...

the cz store in prague ships worldwide, albeit at some stupid flat rates

The more I look at the RS online stores, the greater desire of getting a magwell along with the alu grips, but it seems require a shorter version of the grip to accommodate, here is the challenging part: the stores selling them has little to no info about grip/magwell compatibility.

P.S. Still not have the gun yet, no hurry.

P.P.S. A HK brand has copied the CZC grip and sells around HKD400 (~USD50) , not cheap :(

asg also has their own branded metal grips, but they look cheesy. I just saw those are available.

the real CZC grips are 85. a fake for 50$ makes no sense... unless they are perfectly matched to the KJ and have logos etc.

Installed RS P-09 stainless guide rod, as per CZFan's instructions.  Perfect fit, length-wise and diameter-wise.  Drilled hole in back of guide rod to accommodate nub on the hop-up unit.

It's much easier to get the guide rod out if you remove the BBU; I'm pretty sure the outer/inner barrel + hop-up won't come out any other way than by removing the BBU first.

Going back in, the barrel/guide rod/chamber will lock on the inside of the slide, but you need to pull them forward to steer the BBU + nozzle return spring back in.  I did it with the slide right side up (so the BBU was going in "blind").

New guide rod.  Much better than the plastic one that comes with the SP-01 Shadow.

IMG_2879_zps6b7fweuy.jpg

IMG_2877_zpsqjaigbfs.jpg

And the bits and pieces.

IMG_2875_zpsd87xwhgc.jpg

IMG_2878_zpsehilizsf.jpg

CZ97 trigger and CZ spring installed. Also changed the grip screws to something less horrible. I like hogues.. I might keep them. I like thick grips too much

Benefits:

- 0 wobble. Trigger is nailed in there. Feelsgood.jpg.

- RS trigger pull

- Less curvy trigger, which is a personal like

- Got rid of that fake chromed KJ trigger with cast lines like woa

Gotta put together the upper now. Comparison with the stock trigger.

hDndYtQ.jpg

Hitac rear sight. It is a bit higher (hence "hi"tac). Need to find a front I like, about 6.0-6.5mm high. stock is 5.5? and a bit low for the hitac. Word of  caution.. the slide is epic pot metal. I drove a hole through it trying to tighten the sight set screw. Never felt any resistance.. the screw just went through the top of the slide. WTF. Not even the cracking stark slides have done this.. oh well.  Fortunately the sight is rather tight on there so I don't actually need it.

p09 rod and guarder oil 150% 1911 main spring. no buffers with this one used.

LNuvc0c.jpg

qb15F24.jpg

I don't know what else to do to this.... the lack of proper slide and frame is killing me. NEEDS STEEL :(

popped in the steel front 6.5mm FO sight.   fits perfect, the slot for the pin is easy enough to cut even when you have it mounted in the soft slide. I was afraid the drill will drift and drill the slide and not the sight, but that did not occur.

biggest upgrade is that the rod is 1.5mm vs 1mm. it makes a big difference in visibility and ease of use. other than that.... exactly like oem.

DPn6QEa.jpg

im out of ideas what to do next.

Walked by some local shops last evening and I saw some alu grips, in checkered texture and CZ logo, I think they're same ones from ASG but they came in KJ packaging.

Long grips are like 40-ish USD and short grips w/ magwell are slightly over 50USD ( converted 8HKD to 1USD ) .

Colors are orange and blue, also red ones but with different, weird pattern.

Looks like I don't have to look at RS store anymore :P

Walked by some local shops last evening and I saw some alu grips, in checkered texture and CZ logo, I think they're same ones from ASG but they came in KJ packaging.

Long grips are like 40-ish USD and short grips w/ magwell are slightly over 50USD ( converted 8HKD to 1USD ) .

Colors are orange and blue, also red ones but with different, weird pattern.

Looks like I don't have to look at RS store anymore :P

I'm assuming something like this.

http://www.evike.com/search/?search_in_description=1&sort=3a&keywords=cz+sp-01+grip&x=0&y=0

time to start my typical spam tests and see what fails and when. im getting 3 solid loads (total pun) per Co2 cartridge. blowback is consistent from start to finish, cooldown is minimal. im impressed. compared to the gas hog magazine freezing p09, this thing is an amazing shooter.

1 magazine = 1 load of bbs

ran 7 mags today.

on a side note, swissarms (cybergun) co2 is my favourite so far. ive had a lot of issues with CO2 made for airguns only.. its dirty, inconsistent etc etc.  but im loving the swiss arms

forgot to say; im using the modified gun, not the stock one

Archived