Tokio Model Company

Another thing. . TMC use to be the absolute cheapest retailer online. At least when I first started out in 96, they beat everyone's prices by about $15-20 per item. I bought my KSC Glock 17 (in the late 90s) for $70+ shipping while others was selling them for $110+ shipping. .later when the G17 was all over the market, everyone else dropped their prices to $90 + shipping. . TMC STILL beat that price without dropping theirs.

It wasn't until about 4 years ago when TMC redid their website. .they also changed their prices to match other HK shops . .so now, they're pretty much the same price as everyone else. . pretty lame.

They are legit .. their English skills are pretty poor compared to other HK shops. .that's just my experience. . hard to ask them questions. .best to keep it as brief and straight to the point as possible.

My suggestion. .ask your questions to WGC, Airsoft Shop, GNG or whoever. . then if you want to order from TMC. .just order it. .do nothing through them.

then why the hell is it called tokyo model company?

Airguns are Japanese toy models. Tokyo, being one of the LARGEST and "recognized" cities of Japan, it would only be appropriate to called it a Tokyo [Toy] Model Company. Or basically, a company that sells toys of Japanese decent.

Maybe thats that their justification of calling their company Tokyo Model Company, but it sure does make sense to me

There's some German car dealership down the road from me... not a clue why they don't speak German. I mean the nerve of it, selling German gear and not speaking the right language.

Schnell schnell

(this is called irony)!

• 5 months later...

I just bought a WA Wilson CQB from them and received it day before yesterday! This is a pistol that I've searched airsoft retailers all over the world for and all were sold out and not one knew when they would be restocked!

Also, the company was quick to respond to my emails about what parts were compatible with the gun that I ordered too.

The time it took from placing my order online and then, receiving it was super fast (~1 week), and I live in the US( the state of Texas to be exact).

I don't think one could go wrong with them. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Unlike the chap 2 posts back they also had the elusive gun of my dreams on their site, but not in their stockroom :( :( :(

*weeps*

*cough*If anyone stumbles across an M84 spypack deluxe then I might consider relieving you of it (by force if necessary)*cough*

;)

• 1 month later...
They seem to have a lot of things that other retailers don't have.  How do they handle trademarks?  Do you have to specify?

Also, how much is shipping compared to other overseas retailers?

They dont handle trademarks in a "friendly" manner if you will. It's by the book, so they use clay... almost JB weld like (cured for 12 hours). You can always ask for them to use tape; however, that nulls your delivery guarantee.

Shipping is similar to other companies -- shipping is shipping and most of the places I've shopped from hasn't gouged me in prices. It's very fair.

Archived