Scottish Black Watch Impression

Megalomaniac

Alright I've finally finalized what kind of impression i want to pull off, The Scottish Black Watch. Do they just use regular british army kit?

So I need:

DPMs (Where can I get them in the US and do they make them small?)

What webbing do i need and where could i find it in the US?

Dpms you should be able to get from multiple places. They normally come in small sizes. You need watever baerret they wear a quick search should find that.

Webbing needs to be plce issue stuff which is hard enough to find in Britain. Do not buy web tex or a copy. Maybe someone has a set they are looking to sell on th boards like Lance Jackass.

Cheers

Pariah :sheep:

Or if you want something a little different you could consider a pre-CADPAT version of the Canadian Blackwatch (Royal Highland Regiment of Canada).

Regimental info:

http://www.blackwatchcanada.com/

http://www.army.dnd.ca/blackwatch/index_e.html

The OD uniforms and webbing are quite easily acquired and rather affordable. It may take a little effort to get the head-dress and cap badge but shouldn't be too hard.

Well the basics of a PLCE rig is the yoke, belt and two ammo pouches.

The yoke (suspenders over there?) goes through loops on the ammo pouches and on the belt, what else goes on there is up to the user, typically a water bottle pouch and 2 utility pouches, which are slightly different in size, if you find some check for a label on the inside saying 'Pouch, Utility/Waterbottle' or something similar.

Some more info on PLCE, putting it together etc, courtesy of Redcap

http://www.practicalairsoft.co.uk/plce-assembly.asp

Hehe.

Well go here:

http://www.defenceimagedatabase.mod.uk/fotoweb/

And search for 'black watch'. That should provide you with some details. And they're just a regular Army regiment, they'll have the same stuff as all the other infantry. That's the wonder (and perhaps the bane) of British military impressions; they're all fairly similar. You might also know that the Black Watch is soon to be merged with a load of other Scottish traditional regiments, into one big boring, modern one :(

Okay, I just really wanted something different than all the locals US Mil and civicon impressions we have round these parts.

So the first thing I need to get is the yoke and the belt. DPMs are turing into a real problem, it seems like I can't find them with less than an 32" waist which is still 6" too big and thus look terribly baggy.

The black watch wear a black tam o shanter with the red hackle. As a strange coincedence i have a red hackle and a set of PLCE webbing for sale at the minute......

Basic loadout for the black watch would be:

Tam o shanter and red hackle (or kevlar helmet/bush hat)

soldier 95s (shirt, jacket, trousers)

Assault boots

PLCE webbing (belt , yoke, 2 x ammo pouches, utility and waterbottle pouches)

Yeah sorry i was offline for a while.

For your waist size i would recommend a small belt, large yoke

2 double ammo

2 utility

and maybe a single ammo pouch in the back middle or to one side completely depending if it fits.

Remember when fitting it to let most weight rest on your hips.

not on the yoke and get some sort of hippo pad or it rubs badly on the hip. After a week almost constant use my hips started to bleed from friction burns.

Also make sure pouch placement is good. The front of your body should not have pouches on they should be on the sides and back only or restrict crawling ability. When you get the webbing if you can then pm me for tips to make it more comfortable there are quite a few but I am to lazy to write them now. Also they require pictures.

Cheers

Pariah :sheep:

PS: i am quite sure my spelling during this post is terrible.

PS:Ordering my aug tomoz yay!!!

I am going to be buying a utilikilt soon and I am planning on playing in that and a od green top with regular U.S web gear. It won't be my normal outfit, but I believe in breaking the mold occasionally

Thanks, Lance and everyone else whose chimed in. PLCE is staggering easy to find, but my local surplus stores don't carry DPM and online I can only find sizes that are much larger than what I need. I'm gonna keep looking because I like this idea but its getting harder and harder to find things.

• 3 weeks later...
Saying something is easy to find doesn't help much. I've been searching on google and can't find a US dealer for PLCE gear. I also still need to know exactaly what i need. IE how many ammo pouches, how many utility, etc...

Sorry, haven't checked this thread for awhile now. I was referring to Canadian gear. Nothing to do with US gear or PLCE. Typically the pre-CADPAT 82-pattern loadout is: yoke, belt, buttpack, small utility, two or four double-mag pouches, KFS carrier/utensils, frog w/fighting knife, gas mask carrier, 1 litre/quart water bottle/carrier/cup.

The entire set can be picked up for under $100 CAD (most likely not including fighting knife/scabbard) I believe from http://www.armyissue.com/ Tell Jeroon that I sent you over and he'll take care of you. He also sells CADPAT 1000D Cordura for anybody who's interested in doing some custom gear of your own.

The OD uniform is available there too along with boots, helmets, etc.

Archived