Pictures of your Weapon

You think you're old at age 36? Age is a state of mind as far as im concerned.

We have a few guys in their 40's and one approaching 50 in our club.  Our team leader if i recall correctly, is 48 years old and is easily one of the better players in south florida.

Solo, you're either an extremely talented web designer or you own that recording studio.  Which one is it?  :D

You indeed are an understanding and mature guy no matter your age.

I am the owner of the recording studio (after 6 years in IT marketing) and the co-owner of the lil webdesign company (still in Italian-only).

We do no do design ourselves though, we find customers and, keep the relationship and so on :)

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool Solo.

Always nice to see a self made man doing well in the world.

Since i dont want to derail the topic TOO much, (ok yeah i do but ill refrain from doing so) what do you think of the real steel acogs? If i recall correctly they are a 4X32 scope with illuminated crosshairs? Do you find the magnificaition to be too much for airsoft?

Cool Solo.

Always nice to see a self made man doing well in the world.

Since i dont want to derail the topic TOO much, (ok yeah i do but ill refrain from doing so) what do you think of the real steel acogs?  If i recall correctly they are a 4X32 scope with illuminated crosshairs?  Do you find the magnificaition to be too much for airsoft?

Another interesting question from Magsz.

Keep in mind that even the airsoft replica Acogs (by G&P if I am not mistaken) are 4 x32. 4 x 32 to say the truth - if you've ever tried one - aren't that much of a magnification and in fact, they can be used for CQB just fine (EDIT: 4 x magnification and 32 mm diameter in view).

Not both of them have illuminated reticles though. Precisely:

- TA01NSN: just a crosshair. Will glow (barely visibly) when it's dark/very dark, in the center, thanks to maybe a drop of tritium right in the center of the crosshair.

- TA31F: a whole different story. It has the now well known Chevron BAC reticle, consisting in an external fiber optic (clearly visible, a red tube running on top of the scope) and thus providing constant lighting to an internal "arrow shaped" mark on the inner side of the front lens, just where you'd usually see the crosshair (center).

That is really amazing, as it is so lit up to look like it's battery powered, even at night.

Especially with this type of scope (illuminated) CQB is easily "playable" as well as with an easy technique you can keep both your eyes open.

I find aiming with a 4 x 32 optic in Airsoft very useful in any context, this taking - as it does with treal steels even though in a different way - just a bit of willingness and experience.

Feel free to ask more if you need to.

EDIT again: I used to have the G&P replica Acog, and it's really built nicely. 1:1 identical (cast off a real one it seems). Magnification os the same, and lens quality is very good. Main exterior difference is a wrong paintjob.

Edited by Solo

I have a acog (real) on my ar15 (also real) but they are so dang pricy that I wouldn't buy another. I must admit it is a nice scope and the tritium is very lovly at night. but I will stick with my eotechs and gen3 night vision scope.

Just thought I'd add an additional pic of the Acogs, a close up in case somone is thinking of replicating the paint coat, and an exact view of what one sees when looking in a TA31F (minus the target obviously).

The ^ is the only illuminated part, but boy is it bright.

post-4815-1111449008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Solo

One thing that i really like about the ACOG scope, besides its obvious aesthetic pleasantries, is the fact that it looks like you could run it over with a c-130 and it would still function.

Edited by Magsz

All this talk about ACOG's has me thinking about scraping the idea of a new aimpoint mount and just throwing it into a GP ACOG. <_<

On another note i just repainted my M24 to work better in the now dead brown arizona desert. Its not the same as the pic i posted that i was going to do, but its ok. Had the urge to do something today so i whiped out the cans and let my wrists do the work. :P

I would steer away from the G&P acogs unless you're getting one second hand that you KNOW has a working reticle.

Ive read from alot of different forums that many of these ACOGS come with fubared sights.

Since when is Guarder coming out with a ACOG? I have a GP Aimpoint, works great aside from the fact that it doesnt have 5 different brightness setting like the Guarder Aimpoints. Now if STAR came out with a ACOG that would be great, since GP was the first to introduce the M3 scope there are now 4 different kinds, with STAR's being the cheapest at $75 USD. If more companies would bring out good quality products that only one company currently makes the prices would drop to our favor.

Since when is Guarder coming out with a ACOG?  I have a GP Aimpoint, works great aside from the fact that it doesnt have 5 different brightness setting like the Guarder Aimpoints.  Now if STAR came out with a ACOG that would be great, since GP was the first to introduce the M3 scope there are now 4 different kinds, with STAR's being the cheapest at $75 USD.  If more companies would bring out good quality products that only one company currently makes the prices would drop to our favor.

M3 scope...Leupold?

Sorry, I'm not up to date on optics. I know Guarder is making an Elcan, thats about it, lol.