Western Loadout.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What the... how old are those things exactly? I've got one turning up tomorrow in actual fact, handled one last week and they are very nice, painfully squared-off at the rear of the grip though so mebbe taking a file to the wood there is in order.

Really looking forward to getting it; one of 2 sniper rifles arriving tomorrow :D I had no idea that this was almost western-era, no idea at all....

Guess I need to get Joe Kidd on DVD then ;) Never even heard of it before ...

edit: likewise a significant typo ;)

Here you go, a brass "telescopic" optic sight for western era guns:

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info....roducts_id=4040

Price tag might be a bit overwhelming, though, as also fitting it into airsoft lever/NBB guns...

Nice find, Vektor. My wallet says "ouch."

What the... how old are those things exactly? I've got one turning up tomorrow in actual fact, handled one last week and they are very nice, painfully squared-off at the rear of the grip though so mebbe taking a file to the wood there is in order.

Really looking forward to getting it; one of 2 sniper rifles arriving tomorrow :D  I had no idea that this was almost western-era, no idea at all....

Heh, I just ordered one today. :D

From NY Airsoft of all places, a site I'd never heard of until yesterday. But it offered the best deal for the US (with an extra magazine, that is).

Guess I need to get Joe Kidd on DVD then ;) Never even heard of it before ...

Here's a few images from the movie:

a.donstroud_joekidd.jpg

Clint_Eastwood_0.7.jpg

c96_kidd.jpg

It's a little different, but still.

The movie is ok to good. It's got Clint and Robert Duvall. Plus, there are a few absolutely badass scenes (Clint pulling a guy down the stairs by his belt -- you'll know the one when you see it). But it also has one of those laughable Anglo-to-Mexican conversions, and not a believable one like Jack Palance in The Professionals. This one features John Saxon.

Worth a rent at least.

Now that I've seen The Professionals with Lee Marvin (among other notables), there's one more gun to add to the available Western arsenal: the Tanaka 1897 Trench Gun:

tw_sg_m1897tg.jpg

Marvin uses it throughout the film (and lends it to Burt Lancaster for a bit, too). If one could remove the vented shroud from the Tanaka version (which looks possible), it'd be a dead-on replica of the movie version.

Here's the best picture I could find:

professionals1.jpg

If one could remove the vented shroud from the Tanaka version (which looks possible), it'd be a dead-on replica of the movie version.

Tanaka´s releasing a "Police" version of their M1897, without the heat shield!

http://www.la-gunshop.com/new_hontai/img/5098_1.jpg

Don´t know exactly when, but this the news according to LA Gunshop.

Hehe, not really, just happened to spot that. But thanks anyway! ;)

Speak... Eh, writing of which, Guns´n´Guys seem to stock that new Tanaka M1897 version already. And spare shotshells too! Price for the "Police" version (while GnG still designates the newer version as "Trench Gun", it´s not the same) seems to be exactly the same as earlier Trench Gun version.

http://www.gunsnguys.com

That has been puzzling me too ..... :book:

Now what I reckon is; either they got the picture wrong for the new police shotgun, (unlikely) or, they just want to sell off the ones they've got to make way for the new police shotgun because its going to be more popular for some reason, so they disguise the promotion as a new product :busted_cop::detective2: Busted?

Well consider that the shotguns/smg's > tanaka page does not show more than one M1887 trench gun, and they always update the `new product` and actual relevant product page at the same time.

I'll be waiting for the new model of course :D

My guess is that the guys at GnG are having small glitch with their website code. I can´t pop up any window for product close-up from their "New Product" page, while I can do that easily from their other pages, including Shotguns/SMGs -> Tanaka page. I assume they get it fixed in no time soon. Their webpage isn´t really too "user-friendly", but dealing with those guys through online is such a bliss anyway that one can easily forgive their somewhat "primitive" online service... :rolleyes:

Their model designations do seem to have little logic, but the gun in their "New Product" page IS different than the gun in Shotguns -> Tanaka page. Go figure.

Oh, bugger. I didn´t get to edit my previous message anymore, but here´s a correction to my blooper:

Once I got the GnG website working again on my computer, I spotted that the Tanaka 1897 in GnG´s News page is actually the same as in their Shotguns/SMGs section after all (at least the same gun is pictured). Altough they have different description. Don´t really know what´s it all about, but maybe in time that will make some sense.

I think I spotted a Marushin ´92 Special version in some other webpage already, but can´t remember where... I recall it was claimed to be full metal/real wood, but I can´t remember anything about, say, improved mechanism etc. Pricewise it doesn´t seem too bad, if it´s fully metallized but only HKD400 more expensive than regular Marushin ´92. If it only had octagonal barrel, but then it needed to be a M1892 Carbine model...

The old M1892s are all wood and metal anyway though....I've got one and thats the best part about it :lol: Shame they just mounted the forearm and receiver together at a bloody angle though, and not straight in-line with each other :( :( :(

• 5 months later...

New items with which to resurrect this thread!

Dentrinity has new CAW aluminum barrels for the Tanaka S.A.A.s, in three sizes: Civilian, Artillery, and Cavalry.

oub109l7.jpg

Thing is, it's $90USD after shipping. I wish Dentrinity carried the no-hop inner barrels that WGC carries, so I could combine orders. $29 shipping for an aluminum barrel seems very steep.

It looks like it includes a new inner barrel too, doesn't it? So I suppose you could convert whatever sized gun you had into one of the other sizes with this purchase. I think I'd like to upgrade my Civilian to an Artillery.

• 1 month later...

First post, yeah. Anyways, seeing as this is all about western guns, does anyone know if the ktw winchester m1873 carbine have a hop-up or not, because on redwolf airsoft they say it doesn't, but on the teamkgb review of the gun they say it has a fixed hop-up. I would really like to know this as i love winchesters and seeing as you can replace the spring with a more powerful one, it having a hop-up would be the selling point for me. Thanks.

I have 5 Tanaka SAA'S - 2 Black H.W. Calvarys, 1 Artillery H.W. Silver, 1 Artillery DC, and a JT Civilian. The DC and one of the Calvarys have problems, That I think can be fixed. Earlier today, I put a few coats of clear paint on my Calvary that does work, and IMO I reprduced Tanakas Midnight Blue Finish. Also earlier today - I fixed the JT Civilian, as it had that spring problem thing, and a dot of goop fixed that up. I also have a Marushin 8mm Black Derringer, and Just ordered about 10 minutes afo, a Marushin Superblackhawk 10.5'' Black with 12 extra shells. I also have a pair of boots, and a pair of very tight wranglers lol. I have a hat, but I dont know where it is, and I am planning on getting a reproduction of Clint Eastwoods poncho, or make my own. I have 2 SAA rigs, a black one for a 7.5'', and a brown one for a 5.5''. what do I need? I know - a horse :P . Hopefully the blackhawk wont be out of stock. I really want an 1892, but have heard to many bad things, which is why I just bought a Non fireing one woth a loop lever like John Waynes. Hippy gave me a lot of info on the Super Blackhawks, anyone else got feedback on them? heres some links to some of my videos.

SAA spinning x 2

SAA shooting x 2

Shooting silver Artillery

Spinning Black Artillery

PICTURES

ironmistress023.jpg

ironmistress018-1.jpg

ironmistress177.jpg

Reproduced Midnight blue finish

ironmistress030-1.jpg

JT special-I took the paint off the cylinder and hammer, thought it would look cool.

ironmistress033-1.jpg

EDIT: Spelling

First post, yeah. Anyways, seeing as this is all about western guns, does anyone know if the ktw winchester m1873 carbine have a hop-up or not, because on redwolf airsoft they say it doesn't, but on the teamkgb review of the gun they say it has a fixed hop-up. I would really like to know this as i love winchesters and seeing as you can replace the spring with a more powerful one, it having a hop-up would be the selling point for me. Thanks.

As for the KTW ´73, it has a hopup (fixed one). But as Team KGBs review implied, it´s quite subtle one and doesn´t improve the performance all that much.

Team KGB told that cocking action is easy, but I´d have to disagree on that one. Having had the priviledge of shooting several rounds through real Winchester lever guns and comparing directly to that, the KTW ´73 has really stiff cycling action. In occasion I even need to move the gun from my shoulder to my hip to operate the lever properly. So, a stronger spring would make the lever even harder to manipulate, slowing down the lever action´s greates benefit (cycling the action while holding an aim).

Plus, the internals holding the spring (guide rod and assembly) are plastic. I wouldn´t count on them even with stock spring for prolonged skirmish usage, less with upgrade springs. And being somewhat marginal gun even for a KTW, spare parts are awfully hard to come by if you break something.

Just a word of caution, that is.

Thanks mate, no prob! :)

Just to straighten out, I really do like my ´73 a lot. It´s nicely made and beautiful toy but those few little quirks make it sub-par, skirmish-wise. Of course, if everyone had western style guns and no AEGs were allowed, things would be different. Against single action revolvers and other repeater rifles & shotguns it might stand a slim chance! ;)

Archived