WTF...a new Windows?

Agent47

Windows doesn't go wrong, it does what it's told to, if you, spyware, adware, virus', or 3rd party software tell it to do something it shouldn't, it'll go wrong.

The only 3rd party stuff I use is FireFox for being what IE7 is going to be, and VLC Media Player, 'cause it handles OGM's better than WMP. :)

Yes they did, they just robbed everyone elses ideas! They nicked the spreadsheet idea and didnt give its creators a penny!

Microsofts policy is to sell sh!te on the market as quickly as possible so that noone else gets a chance to offer their (usually superior) products.

I can't stand MS. Its all cack.

My computers have suffered way too much due to crummy Microsoft! And their "Security Updates" have the annoying habit of crashing my PCs.

You should hear IT people complain about them.

My brother is head of an IT/implementation department for a software company and they HATE Microsoft!

And all that spyware/adware/virus rubbish is designed to exploit the holes in Microsofts sh!tty programming. Ever hear of a virus on an Apple?

:angry: Mircosoft Suck :angry:

I am looking forward to it a lot.

Anyone who has been closely following Vista I think would feel the same. The main thing that draws me to it is the performance improvements. Even with the beta version people have said it performs better than XP. That means it will be especially good for gaming. We will see though. I can't wait.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes they did, they just robbed everyone elses ideas! They nicked the spreadsheet idea and didnt give its creators a penny!

Microsofts policy is to sell sh!te on the market as quickly as possible so that noone else gets a chance to offer their (usually superior) products.

I can't stand MS. Its all cack.

My computers have suffered way too much due to crummy Microsoft! And their "Security Updates" have the annoying habit of crashing my PCs.

You should hear IT people complain about them.

My brother is head of an IT/implementation department for a software company and they HATE Microsoft!

And all that spyware/adware/virus rubbish is designed to exploit the holes in Microsofts sh!tty programming. Ever hear of a virus on an Apple?

:angry: Mircosoft Suck  :angry:

Who uses a Mac anyway!

It's been said before Microsofts huge market share and relative ease of use mean there are millions of unsecured computers that aren't running the latest security updates. People do write malware for other platforms but not on the same scale. The real problem is saving people from themselves. In a home enviroment that involves educating yourself in a work enviroment that means making sure the users can't do anything other than the things you let them.

Most of Microsofts products are ace (Visual Studio is probably the best IDE ever), I tend to steer away from Office because it's too big and scary. I certainly have no qualms with using all the default software Windows comes with and do use other programs (namely Firefox etc) because they provide extra functionality, not because the MS offering is so poor. As a developer they are a company that provides oodles and oodles of support, information and make most development a breeze. Ever tried working on an open-source project? They suck, inconsistant coding standards, skill and a whole heap of peoples 'cool ideas' crammed together in some idiosyncratic interface. There are exceptions but most of those are very well established and essentially run by industry anyway.

I'm by no means pro-Microsoft I just hate to see rubbish spewed. For the record I'm about to buy a Powerbook cause chicks dig them. ;)

I have Vista (Im a Technet plus subscriber).

Good:

Installs very well over a network.

Nice looking windows, a little Mac based and Linux influenced

Nice try at replicating UNIX file permissions

Better than XP (this is not hard)

Good search thingy, meta data.

Nasty:

IE7 - standards? We dont need your stinking standards!

See through windows - meh? <_<

Not ready yet. Seriously not ready on drivers = no games.

Meta data search means you have to fill tons of data into each file for the search. At the moment only my MP3's have that sort of data in them. My 8 gig of photos havent got the data and I will be damned if I am gonna spend days putting it in.

Already cleared the PC I had it on.

Archived