What gear is this person wearing?

clmwrx

It is an Interceptor Vest. I have the Guarder Replica and it's great.

He didn't ask why he's wearing a black fleece, but I'm not surprised he's wearing a black one. Many families had to buy their soldiers body armor seperately for their soldiers because the government couldn't afford to issue it to them. I'm surprised so many Brits are complaining as all I seem to hear are complaints of how underfunded they are.

Many families had to buy their soldiers body armor seperately for their soldiers because the government couldn't afford to issue it to them.

had to? Not hardly. Wanted it? Certainly. The people not getting body armor are people who's MOS doesn't call for them to have body armor. Those that needed it got it. Now that supplies have caught up, even those that don't need it are getting it. I had an infantryman come in to the shop with his family, and they sprung for a RAV for him. Why? Because he hated the Interceptor. Not that I blame him, but it wasn't cuz he had to have it. I just took his money and said "Thanks very much". :D

In Afghanistan, the black fleece blends better with the populace. Seeing uniforms over there still sticks out like a sore thumb. It blends better with the surrounding countryside, but not with the poeple that are all over that country. It makes him look less American, and since everyone and thier kids have guns over there, that's a good thing.

^^ cool, though not a nice time to have been in the firing line, kudos.

and to be beligerent about the earlier point, you always have to assume you are in range.

because i 'ga-ron-tee' that the one random insurgent with the knocked-off SVD is waiting for you to make a mistake.

murphy was a grunt ;)

as for the fleece, even if its a staged shot its either early morning or late evening, more likely late evening since this guy looks fairly clean, and he's about to start a night exorcise.

then again, i could be wrong.

had to? Not hardly. Wanted it? Certainly. The people not getting body armor are people who's MOS doesn't call for them to have body armor. Those that needed it got it. Now that supplies have caught up, even those that don't need it are getting it. I had an infantryman come in to the shop with his family, and they sprung for a RAV for him. Why? Because he hated the Interceptor. Not that I blame him, but it wasn't cuz he had to have it. I just took his money and said "Thanks very much". :D

In Afghanistan, the black fleece blends better with the populace. Seeing uniforms over there still sticks out like a sore thumb. It blends better with the surrounding countryside, but not with the poeple that are all over that country. It makes him look less American, and since everyone and thier kids have guns over there, that's a good thing.

Unfortunately with insurgent and guerilla style warfare, a car bomb doesn't care what MOS you have.

Archived