Home Made Rocket Launcher

Romanowski

before flaming, read post please. Yes, I have seen THIS.

Hi folks.

I have kicking around the idea of how to construct a skirmishable, functional rocket launcher without having to break the bank. Personaly, I think a functioning rocket launcher would be a great set piece and would allow for some interesting new game types (blast the base, blast the vehicle, etc). Anyone interesting in brainstorming on how to make this work for less than say, $200?

As far as simplicity of design goes, I think the WWII era panzerfaust would be a great model to replicate. Basicly a tube with a foam warhead on the end. For propulsion I was thinking a large spring could work. Pnumatics are expensive and potentialy explosive if built incorrectly. So, why not a big, oversized, nerf-launching springer? The foam warhead could be attacted to the end of a PVC fuesalage, which would slide into the launcher tube. Tube contains large spring, compressed by a hand operated cocking lever. Trigger could be simple, like a notch for the cocking lever to catch on, think cocking tube on an MP5. To fire, just push lever out of notch, spring decompresses, and flings "rocket". This sounds a cheezy I know, but its the cheapest way I can think of making a homemade airsoft rocket.

So, any suggestions to this idea? Ideas of your own?

Lets brainstorm.

what he^ said.

since you're in Japan the UK foam/rubber slug ban does not apply to you.

So:

Get some realistic sized pipe thing... adorn and decorate it so it looks like which ever launcher you want.

Make a mount for the madbull launcher. Secure mount to/near front end of launcher tube.

pop the madbull and rocket/slug on... and away you go...

You would probably want the mount to be as simple and homemade as possible - as you have mentioned without breaking the bank

brb restarting!! :o

Image:

t1.jpg

Ill find a pic of our cannon itself.

(we made a foam slug that had a bunch of bbs that came out also, and then we took a 6.04 mm barrel and shot a single shot, and then we shot a C cell battery out of it.)

In the future we will be making a "sniper" one,

sniper.gif

And also a large barrel one, which its info is still confidential.

thsoe slugs/rockets are banned over here ?

sites have anyway.

Was over at AA cannock a while back and one of the main "shop guys" showed us what the rubber slug was like - this was when the foam rocket was still in the making - and it was fired on I think pred-red or 134a. Used in a 10 metre test firing range and made a helluva thud before bouncing back just about all the way.

Wouldn't want to be hit by that...

:S

------------

re: That japanese mortar.

At £90 it's nice.

Not bad and wouldn't break the bank.

But if you were to drop the mossies and madbulls into them like real mortar rounds, I doubt they'll last many times... :mellow: THAT would break your bank... or at least...

I'd like a translation actually.

Dudes, you dont even need a Mad bull launcher to go in the tube, you could simply make a lever that pushes the button on the back of the grenades.

Another Idea.

You could make an RPG by getting an NBB, attaching an M4 barrel to it an the build a tube around it so that only the tip of the barrel sticks out, Then go but the Mad but Rifle grenade and attach it to the barrel.

Sorry it might be incomprehgensible but i'm in a rush seeya guys!

In the US some people have used pnuematic spud guns to shoot foam footballs at lower pressures for simulated rocket and mortars.

I have a couple combustion type spud guns at home but I would never use em for airsoft. They are way to powerful, inconsistant, and take way to long to load.

I'm back, let me explain better.

Baically its a Madbull Rifle Grenade with an NBB to trigger it. The NBB and barrel are hidden in the tube with just the Flash hider sticking out.

EDIT: Spelling is your friend.

post-5361-1130259150_thumb.jpg

Just make something like this http://www.geocities.com/cain333_2000/caddy.html. It is very easy and inexpensive. For more info on spudguns and stuff go to http://www.spudfiles.com/forums/ That cannon probably cost 20 bucks to make. It is just some pvc piping and a sprinkler valve. Simple but very effective.

Next time read the full thread, I already said that.

I built up the M72A2 launcher kit from www.soulofthewarrior.com (under the paintball, and then launchers section). Essentially, you get an ARII LAW on your own, and then in the SOTW kit you get some piping, a ball valve with a handle, and a CO2 powerlet adaptor, and the instructions. Put it all together, and, voila! A functioning, retractible LAW. When you pull the handle, the launcher fires out whatever you've got stuffed into the barrel! The site also has lots of inexpensive variants on this launcher system, including a panzerfaust! ;)

Edit: Just saw you're in Japan, and i"m not sure if CO2 is legal... but the principle could possibly be applied if you wanted to make your own from scratch. To be fair, the individual parts in the kit are probably about $30 from a hardware store. ;) I think the adaptor on the end could also work with a bike pump, as mentioned.

Next time read the full thread, I already said that.

I haven't seen you linking to a website at all in this thread, so no, you haven't already said what he said.

He shouldn't be apologizing to you, you should apologize to him. Don't be an *albatross*.

Our team just took some PVC pipe, made a chamber and a barrel, and then used a rainbird sprinkler vavle inbetween. Throw the vavle, and all the compressed air that you put in there from a bike pump is shot out. Weve been able to pump it up to around 300psi, after that it gets a little hard ;)

Yeah this thread rather bordering on a DIY munition guide. neoific if you can keep the details of yours to just what's above it'd be appreciated.

I didn't post the link because Arnie didn't want me to. I guess I was a little too harsh.

Archived