m4QD silencer

jordan2139

I didn't notice much of a drop at all, if anything maybe 5fps (yea using a chrono not a guesstimate).

But that drop could have been other variables, me shoving the gun into dirt etc.. :huh: Battery not topped up the same.

I bought it for the look, but was very surprised at how well it actually performs. A very noticable quitening effect.

None. Airsoft suppessors are 100% for looks only.

Well I have the ICS silencer and it does work, it doesn't silence the gun, it changes the tone of the sound, which makes it harder to hear, or pin point where the sound comes from so maybe it is illegal in the US.

But it certainly works in the UK.

Once again, YES. Because that would mean it could silence a real gun too. Which is illegal, unless you have a license which is a PITA to get.

afaik, the pressures of firing a live round would cause an airsoft silencer to explode

because they aren't built to handle that kind of psi.

basically:

(hypothetical figures)

Airsoft gun silencer (supressor) can handle 150psi

airsoft gun produces 50psi

RS supressor can handle 3000psi+

RS weapon produces anything from 700psi+

therefore, the pressure created in the firing would totally destroy an airsoft "silencer".

am i right? or deluded?

afaik, the pressures of firing a live round would cause an airsoft silencer to explode

because they aren't built to handle that kind of psi.

basically:

(hypothetical figures)

Airsoft gun silencer (supressor) can handle 150psi

airsoft gun produces 50psi

RS supressor can handle 3000psi+

RS weapon produces anything from 700psi+

therefore, the pressure created in the firing would totally destroy an airsoft "silencer".

am i right? or deluded?

Listen. I know what I said doesn't make logical sense, but it doesn't have to. The ATF have established these laws and will prosecute if they find out. This topic has been discussed many times on these boards, and every time, the conclusion was the the statement I just made. Don't want to seem like a pain in the *albartroth*, but this is just one of those things that gets repeated over and over.

The exact wording of the law is that in order to be considered a "sound suppressor", the device must "appreciably" lower the noise of a firearm. You could easily prove that an airsoft sound suppressor does not sufficiently muffle the noise of a real firearm in any court. The risk of you being charged for owning an “unlicensed” airsoft suppressor is so remote it does no good to even be considered.

Its like saying its illegal to own a flash suppressor on an airsoft gun because it was made after 1994, making it "Post Ban."

None. Airsoft suppessors are 100% for looks only.

Umm... not to sound like a smart *albartroth*, but I'll make you a deal. Listen to the muzzle snap of my ICS m4 without a silencer, then slap a silencer on and say they're 100% for looks. It may not "Silence" it persay, but it sure does dampen the snap. Someone may say that it's the piston head that makes the snap, well do me a favor, slap an empty mag in your AEG (to keep air from comming out of the feed nozzle) then pull the trigger with the muzzle by your ear, you'll hear the snap. Do the same with a silencer. For me and my ICS m4 it takes care of it a good deal.

afaik, those laws have lost fruition, and post ban Assault rifles and the like are legal now.

I.A.N.A.L., so don't quote me.

There is a difference between federal and state laws here in the United States. The federal ban initiative on the manufacture and sale of weapons considered "assault rifles" did expire last year. However, the majority of the blue states, or states with less liberal gun laws, kept the laws outlined by the ban as a part of their own law. So for instance here in New York state, I still would not be able to legally buy a rifle with a flash hider made after 1994. (I think the year could be earlier than that here in New York, but Im not sure.)

I have 2 silencers, both jammed full of foam rings. They're delicious. They more than dampen sound. They make loud pops LUMPY. IT is GREAT. I know it's illegal but hell if I go to jail! ICS silencers do work too. I heard some of the newer ones don't but older ones do. Full of foam rings. Delicious I must say!!

I can't tell what that flash hider looks like, but if it's a normal M16 (birdcage they call it) flash hider, then yes it will. Basically, the ICS QD silencer goes over the flash hider and then locks in using a sort of fork thing that clamps into the two notches on the gun side of the flash hider. Hope that is clear :o

Archived