Vietnam SF loadout

screamin_weasel

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Get the TM VN Lowcaps! I tested both and had lots of malfunctions with the midcap as the lowcaps keep on firing ;)

When using a bandoleer: Fill it up with styrene! Won´t hurt that much ;)

My G&P midcap is kind of *fruitcage*ed too...

I fill it up with 110 rnds, but only about 80 fires.

I've lubed it several times, but the doublestacking makes it jam.

Well of course, FMJ. Heres a plan. We'll kill havoc and badass, along with geronimo for good measure. I then rise up to take control of snafu and allow anyone with a DPM tea cosy on the team.

I'll just have to realize my little love affair with a dpm dessie kit then :lol:

Boba Fett - i am leaning more towards the green berets style, as i am impressed with the look of M56, and i dont get on so well with chest rigs (im a fat knacker). about the canteens - i wont be fighting in the jungle, so i can cope without water a bit more. im not one for buying stuff just for the look. i might get 2 though.

FMJ - thanks for the pouch info (and LJ). as good as that site is, as its US unless its the only place i can get something, it will be easier to get stuff from the UK. cheers though, at least i can see whats in it.

About the ERDL-Question: ERDL arrived very late in country and was mostly used by remaining Marine combat units. This time there were nearly no ealry CAR15 left and the most used carbines were XM177 E1 and E2.

Cheers for that! My lads already got an M16VN, and he's happy with that. To be honest I don't think he's too fussed about too much accuracy, he just likes the look of Vietnam gear but wanted to be a bit different to the guys who wear OD gear at our local site.

The M16VN will be quite accurate though i assume, with the long barrel and all.

www.sofmilitary.co.uk will sell some gear i think. Also ebay.

As I have one, I can confirm that it is indeed accurate ^_^

Too bad that I need a G3,MP5 or a modern armalite to call diemaco though <_<

Well the easy thing to do would be to get some TM VN hicaps - enough as you actually need (2-5?) and then pad out the rest of the kit with blocks of wood. Its what the re-enactors do.

Sorry SW- i couldnt find the webby for the sports shop, best bet would be your original sale i guess.

The M16VN will be quite accurate though i assume, with the long barrel and all.

www.sofmilitary.co.uk will sell some gear i think. Also ebay.

Had one too till I modified it to a M653 to meet my Barnes-needs :D Nice qeapon but mostly plastic.....

And for the combination of a M16 VN and ERDL....difference between the TM M16A1 and the TM M16 VN despite some inner changes is just the flashhider and the three finger one was used till the end of the war side by side with the bird-cage one. You can also use the 56 harness with the ERDL camo as the 67-nylon-webbing was rarely seen

@ Lance Jackass: Wood blocks to fill up the bandoleers and ammo pouches? That´s going to hurt when you´re thowing yourself to the ground.... :blink: I use blocks of polystyrene ;)

Not for the Marui ones...they both got the foreward assist and the same handguard AFAIK.

This differences only appear at the real ones and of course  at the G&P sets

Actually I've seen real XM16E1's (Three pronged flashhider ones) with the same forward assist as the Real A1's.

The XM16E1 was at one point accepted as a A1 (According to world.guns.ru)

Dude - "Green Berets" and Army Special Forces are one and the same.    :P

Ooops...I wanted to differ between Special Forces as the "Green Berets" and the purpose "special forces" for example LRRP (e.g. in the Airborne or the Infantry) or the SEALS (okay, part of the NAVY).... just struggeling with words...be patient with a "Hun" :D

ah here it is :)

1963: Colt receives contracts for 85 000 rifles for US Army (designated as XM16E1) and for further 19 000 rifles for US Air Forces (M16). The US AF M16 was no more than an AR-15 rifle with appropriate markings. The XM16E1 differed from AR-15/M16 by having an additional device, the so called "forward assist", which was used to manually push the bolt group in place in the case of jams.

1967: US Army adopted the XM16E1 rifle as a standard "US Rifle, 5.56mm, M16A1", on 28 February 1967.

Archived