Navy Seal loadout

TjM2147

Yes it is i hopefully will never fall into that "Geardo" party. Ill look into ALICE but i still want that MOD II vest looks so sweet.

Well, if you want the MOD II (it's actually the FSBE, but whatever :D ) then buy the Guarder MOD II. I have no idea if the SEALs actually wear it, but you seem so determined to get one anyways.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only scanned through this thread, but has anyone bothered to mention it's really kind of hard to make a SEAL loadout as SEAL's use whatever they want or whatever is avaliable to them? If you're going for the generalized view of a SEAL thats fine, but keep in mind SEALs are the chamelions of the armed forces.

SEAL Impression you say? Gotta pimp my man Ronin

Seal

As for a good chest rig, rather than a 2 Piece MAV get a PPM patroller. $10 dollars cheaper, opens in the middle without losing PALs real estate.

I'm not expert, but isn't his face paint a bit off? Surely you would try to make the darker parts look ligheter, and vice versa (that's what it says to do in the Army soldier hand book).

I've only scanned through this thread, but has anyone bothered to mention it's really kind of hard to make a SEAL loadout as SEAL's use whatever they want or whatever is avaliable to them?

Actually, that makes a SEALS loaout super easy to do!

Exactly my point, a shemagma (sp?) an AK some ragged out jeans, and a shirt and you're set.

or

desert DCUs a baclava (sp?) an M4 and a blackhawk vest.

That might constitute as a vietnam era Navy Seal loadout, but not for a modern one, Its not that simple, but Ronin's stuff is something to really go on!

Nope the Seals in the mid east right now frequently wear civilan clothes so they blend in easily which includes jeans, shirts, kakis, shemagma's. I had a bunch of pictures of this, and there was a thread here a few months back about it. You are right though your friend has a good load out and liek is aid if you're goign for that look then by all emans please do.

Ronin's impressions looks absolutely spot-on, based on what I've seen. Bear in mind the footage I have was from 1996 or even '95, so they're probably be running RIS-equipped M4s as standard now, but that looks absolutely 100% bang on for a late-90s impression.

Do SEALS use M14's?

Basically, SEALs can use whatever they want from the SEAL armoury, within reason. Some guys are better suited to the M4, some are better suited to the M60, and some are excellent long-range shots and are better suited to the M14. The M14 was, and most likely still is, their preferred mid to long-range weapon. It's NOT a sniper rifle however - the SEALs use the McMillan .50 for that.

I suspect they now have the M14 DMR (Dedicated Marksman Rifle), by the way.

The other use of the M14 is in extreme cold and snow conditions. The M14 works far better in harsh conditions than the M4 and M60, so on missions involving trekking and fighting in heavy snowfall and very low temperatures, the SEALs will often equip every man on the patrol with an M14 (with a white stock).

I've only scanned through this thread, but has anyone bothered to mention it's really kind of hard to make a SEAL loadout as SEAL's use whatever they want or whatever is avaliable to them? If you're going for the generalized view of a SEAL thats fine, but keep in mind SEALs are the chamelions of the armed forces.

Cool.

Coming up next, my seal impression with flecktarn webbing, flecktarn clothing an a g36.

Oh wait.

They can use whatever they want, within reason, but there are bits of gear that they're more likely to use. BHI gear is seen very frequently because, on the East coast especially, BHI supply gear specially to the SEAL teams.

That said, for foreign ops, I wouldn't put it past them using foreign gear. It's strictly against the regulations, but I have it on VERY good authority than during training exercises in Russia, USAF PJs have been seen wearing Russian camo and kit ;)

It's not really that accurate, especially in the use of MK23 pistols and the like, but it's better than most.

And their tactics suck :P

And why didn't they re-apply cam-cream? Because audiences wouldn't be able to recognise Bruce Willis when he's covered in green cr*p, of course! :rolleyes:

That said, they had some reasonable advisors - the basic 'look' was pretty decent, and they used a lot of BHI gear, so they get marked up there, too, in terms of accuracy.

Just don't stick a supressor on your M4 all the time - talk about getting caught on foliage! :D

The other use of the M14 is in extreme cold and snow conditions. The M14 works far better in harsh conditions than the M4 and M60, so on missions involving trekking and fighting in heavy snowfall and very low temperatures, the SEALs will often equip every man on the patrol with an M14 (with a white stock).

Yes i thought so, i saw a SEAL team in a traing video with a painted white M14 in the artic somewhere. Looked real badass. Now i can have a SEAL loadout and my dream gun, Score!

Average kit would be tricolour DCUs with an Interceptor OTV vest over them. On there you'd have a Camelbak Storm or Thermobak, and a few pouches - some SDS M4 mag pouches and a frag grenade pouch, or something similar. You might well have a med pouch on there, too.

Then add desert boots by one of the contractors (Wellco, Thorogood, Belleville, Altama), a PASGT helmet with DCU cover, some goggle like ESS NVGs or even the US GI SWD goggles, and you'd be about there I'd imagine.

Archived