Gloves

Catchv22

Well 'tis winter time again and as per usual, my fingers are freezing. I can bulk up on clothing everywhere else on my body, but without gloves, Mrs. Palmer and her five daughters will always be cold.

I'm looking for some gloves that will look the part in airsoft, keep my hands warm, not restrict movement to a point where I can't type, and have a good grip on things. Anyone have any ideas or need any information from me, feel free to post.

hmmmm.... you might try the standard issue US military leather gloves, and you can get liners for them... the liners for the gloves are more or less made from the same material as the standard issue boot socks, which seem to keep my feet nice and warm in the winter (in my combat boots that is), and if anything can keep my feet warm, they'll definitely keep your hands warm ;)

Well, last year I got a great pair of gloves from walmart. They're kind of a Mitt/glove hybrid, with even a space for handwarmers. I took some quick picture with my webcam for you:

Picture008.jpgPicture009.jpg

Picture010.jpgPicture011.jpg

Picture012.jpgPicture013.jpg

Picture014.jpg

They were a good deal (at like $10) and they work REALLY well!

Hope that helped.

I'm getting the Hatch Operator Gloves sometime soon. They're kevlar, so I suppose they are going be pretty thick. They should allow some dexterity though. I've only heard good things about them, and they're more rugged than the Hatch Nomex Flight Gloves.

http://elitetacticalsources.com/client/det...?pid2=HGSOGL150

Ah, I see. I forgot that a lot of people live where it snows. Here in California, the coldest it will get is about 50 degrees Fahrenheit, maybe a little colder. So I guess they will work here, but won't keep your hands warm in a below freezing environment. So, is there a way to get thick winter gloves that also allow for decent dexterity?

I probably should've mentioned that I also live in California and that it rarely gets below 50 degrees out here. I know.. I'm a wimp... But then again, I can wear sweaters in the summer here.

I really don't need to protect myself from frostbite and the following amputations, but something I can wear while I do daily tasks. Really, I just need my fingers to be able to type in them.

Bah! Fifty degrees F isn't that bad!

It's in the 40s here in Florida right now... (which isn't anything, I know...)

Anyways, I think you should just buy operator gloves and carry hand warmers in your pockets. Not only will your thighs be warm, but your hands will be, too (when not in use, that is).

The thicker the gloves, the more dexterity you lose. It sucks, I know, but I say just live with it :D

Gene - I've seen those gloves before... They're fine if you're not a geardo :P

40's 50's ha!

Here in Italy, where it's knocking on 32 degrees F, I'm happy just to stick with my battered Nomex flight gloves with the trigger fingers chopped off.

Gene's gloves do look nice and cosy though.

p.s. Gene, did you get your P226 back?

To strike a dischordant note (*clang!*) you may find that any thin Nomex gloves (including the Hatch ones) don't take too much abuse/use and will wear fairly quickly (watch the stitching on the fingers particularly).

Having said that, Nomex gloves are about the best solution if you want thin/flexible ones..

Just my ha'peth, as ever :)

To strike a dischordant note (*clang!*) you may find that any thin Nomex gloves (including the Hatch ones) don't take too much abuse/use and will wear fairly quickly (watch the stitching on the fingers particularly).

Seconded, the finger tips give out real quick. Unlike my last girlfriend :D

Archived