Goddamn it. Parcelfarce!

TMC

Rgh.

Parcel Force have lied to me twice now.

I have a metal sig 226 headed my way, and the expected delivery date was Monday the 12th. Unfortunately, the tracking information was not updating. I asked my mother to phone when I was at work (and eventually I did too) and was told that it was a sorting error, and they were very apologetic and said that it would be delivered tuesday.

I asked if there were Customs charges, and they said, "yes, £29.95". I said, "Fine, how can I pay them?", they said "You can give a cheque to the driver on delivery.

My mother was told the same too.

Now, why in hell, does the tracking information have THIS little gem?

"12-12-2005 20:37 Edinburgh West Depot Awaiting payment of charges"

They've held it!

So yeah, I've been lied to twice, as this is NOT the first time this exact BS has happened.

I think I'm going to write a formal letter of complaint to them now.

Disclaimer: I am not avoiding taxes. I factor 25% taxes into all of my purchases just to be sure. I do not like it, however, when they lie to me and I get the parcel late. Not just for myself but the fact that my mother had volunteered to stay in today and take delivery.

Rgh.

My mother phoned when I was at work and was assured several times that it would be delivered during the 2nd delivery run (which is BS) which can be up to 7pm. My mum asked to confirm this several times and the guy said "Yep, that is what we will do."

So... I phoned them myself, and they said "We're in the process of writing you a letter to inform you of the charges". So that meant it would be the next day? WHAT?

They eventually agreed to call back, and I informed my mum. She went nuts and phoned back and demanded to pay over the phone. They accused her of lying and said "you have not called us today"...

Now the parcel has been paid for over the phone, and it will arrive tomorrow.

I hope.

I'm going to put this into writing and send a formal complaint to these stupidheads.

Grr.

You also have the right under the Data Protection Act to see all phone calls you've made (in the form of transcripts) and any other information that they have regarding yourself and your parcel, anything with your name on it, no matter what system it is held on. They must also present that information to you within a certain time frame otherwise they will be in breach of said Act.

www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk

Unfortunately big businesses only improve themselves when (enough) people complain.

Steve.

P.S. If they've accused your Mum of lying, thats slander, and once you read that in the transcripts you've got them by the balls because it is a criminal offence to doctor any transcripts.

I'de say go get 'em.

I've had similar experiences with my dear friends Parcelfarce. The best way I've found to stop them (slang word for Richard)ing you about with customs and the like is to phone them up, find out if the parcel's there, go to the depot and then pay them...

They are chuffing useless and very slow, bless 'em.

ah mate i feel your pain when it comes to parcel fArce.

in november i ordered my umbrella revolver through my friend.

he kept tracking it until it siad shipped to england and in transit to final destination.

this was on the 24 th of november.

when it got to last saturday i got the slightest bit worried that the gun wasn't turning up.

i asked my friend to check where it was with the tracking code....

it had been seized and held by parcel farce since the 25th of november! they had made no type of attempt to contact my friend. when he found out, he phoned them up, and they demanded 49.27 worth of customs payment the fruitcagers...

i payed them through my friend and the whole of last week they came to my friends road, drove up and down then drove back. claiming they couldn't find the address.

well yesterday my friends mum was ready for them. she cornered them at the end of the road and demanded my parcel.

last night they brought it to my house and now i very happy lol

morel of the story: when you order something tell them not to use parcel fArce as the couriers. for such a large company they are really slow and dum.

based on whats said above i think im gonna stop using parcelforce actually, i care too much bout my guns to have them in the hands of a bunch of fools like them.

Trouble is, if you order from HK or even some retailers in the UK you don't get a choice (or you don't know who the end courier will be) as I've found out, much to my annoyance, on a couple of occasions... :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that TMC

One of my recent orders from HK saw not only missing the delivery, i then called to have it taken to my local p.o. instead of redelivered - finding it then was apparently at the depot when i phoned to ask why it wasnt at my local p.o. - then to find it was at a completely different p.o. not as i had asked.

They are incompetent at the best of times, hope you manage to get the gun eventually mate !

I too am having trouble with parcel farce at the moment. I ordered a NBB Centimeter Master from www.airshooter.co.uk last Tuesday, paid for next day delivery and it still hasnt arrived.

Whats worse is I phoned up Alex down at airshooter and he said the first package had been "lost" by parcel force, so he had sent a second parcel next day delivery and I still haven't got that one!

If it doens't arrive by tommorow I am going to phone them up and see whats happened. I might tell them that you guys have had problems and see what excuse they come up with.

I want my centimeter master damnit :bam: !!!

Ant

"12-12-2005    20:37  Edinburgh West Depot  Awaiting payment of charges"

FYI: The above entry on the shipping logs means that HM Customs are awaiting payment of import charges from Parcel Force (or the courier handling the UK end of the transport). This does not mean they are waiting for payment from you.

Basically what happens is that HM Customs evaluates the package. If charges are due, they bill the UK courier. The package is held until the UK courier pays the costs due. The package is then released to the courier for transport to you. Once it arrives on the doorstep, you pay the charges to the courier that they have already paid to HM Customs on your behalf.

Hope that helps ;)

Do you think their service is consistently this bad, or do they just save it up to ###### off the airsoft community? :P

I think they like to treat us all equally, spreading a warm glow of anger with their incompetence, slap-dash, devil-may-care attitude wherever they go.. I know this because it's not just airsoft stuff they've made me wait for (computer parts, tools, mail-order Thai brides etc.) the list is endless...

Thing is, ... if you send large items its best to send the via royal mail, .. because then they send directly to your house from the depot, .. rather than go depot - depot.

^_^ still, ..i wonder if my package has arrived in the depot (small package). ... meh i'll go check with me dad tonight down at the depot.

yeah parcel force and the post office in general have very little concern for things ... they also have very little sense of morality either ... my dad posted a cd with them for next day delivery - it had to be at the publishers for the next day ofhterwise it would miss the print run and get shifted along to the end, which could be in over a weeks time. The post office plane didnt fly that evening meaning that their gaurenteed next day delivery promise was broken. The thing that was being published was to be distributed by the post office and if it wasnt handed to them on time there are massive penalty clauses... long story short the post office refused to accept that if the magazines were late arriving to them because print run was been missed because their plane didnt fly and ... therefore my dad had to book a flight at the last minute and deliver another copy to the printers personally.

that might need re reading for it to make sense as the sentence structure is a bit complicated ... u get the general idea ne way

This is a public thread on a public forum guys. You aren't chatting - you're publishing to the world.

Please keep unrelated conversations to PM, e-mail or a messenger product. This thread will be cleaned shortly. If the spam continues, it will be closed.

Fair? ;)

Wow, 35 posts removed!!!!! That's gotta be a record in a legitimate 2 and a half page thread!

Shame really as the truly sensational use of the long-lost word "Wazzock" also had to be binned. :(;)

Now keep on topic.

Archived