Custom SA80 corner Part I(trigger connection)

Clastyclay

Hello.

I'm momentarily working at my custom SA80.

What you need:

HFC L85a1 springer

M4 Hop up

M16 barrel

P90 gearbox

Now I have to connect the trigger with the gearbox.

Best best methode to do this is to use a electronic switch.

A user gave me a reference to use a switch from a US angle lamp(torch)

Have someone another idea to use a other kind of switch?

• 1 month later...
Is it easy to make a switch by using a lever microswitch?

Yes and no - a roller level microswitch would be easier, as it allows you to be less precise when fitting it.

(I just tried to show this in ASCII, but the spaces get deleted <_< )

The lever is horizontal; pulling the trigger move a lump of metal/plastic that pushes against the roller, pushing the switch closed. Because it's a roller, the trigger can continue to move back a little - in other words, you don't have to get everything millimetre-perfect.

• 2 months later...

I bought a Version 6 gearbox, and its motor did NOT fit into the HFC SA80. I had to cut small "windows" through the plastic to the appropriate place. on the other hand since the space is so thight it holds the gearbox in place.

Now to the trigger, I made it dead simple. The Safe/Fire switch is made of metal, the trigger is also made of metal. I removed the black painting with sandpaper and put the wire inside that 2 piece plastic casing. I put as much of wire as I could. Now it pushes the wire into to Selector 100% thight.

For the tirgger, I removed some paint from the upper part of it and tied the other wire securely into that part (I used a rigid wire, and pliers, so it will definitely stay on the trigger).

Now if you pull the metal trigger it touches the metal Safe/Fire selector, and thus close the circuit.

To make the Safe work again I borrowed my GF's nail polish and covered the part on the selector, the trigger touches in Safe mode. Simple and works flawless so far. Just let the polish dry completely or it will stick to the trigger part.

Pendra, does your P90 still have selectable fire?

I was under the impression that some fairly serious bodging has to be done (as on that royalmarines website) to get the P90 gearbox into the SA80 shell and retain the ability to fire in semi and full auto.

Having a remote trigger like that abolishes the single auto function. In order to shoot semi auto, the trigger has to physically move something inside the gearbox.

My electronics guru assures me he can come up with some sort of micro-processer driven fire-control system with a small sensor inside the gearbox. Something like That's unfortunately what it takes to make a remote-controlled gearbox capable of semi auto :( It kinda surprised me as well.

Also, if you just go with a simple switch setup, make sure the switch is rated for at least 10 Amps (if you gun is stock configuration), otherwise the current will melt it.

I don't. But I tried it many times and I often chat with Bert(sniper of the team)

Friend, really sorry that we cannot satisfy what you need. You know, I am not strong in engineering, most of you guys' question had to pass to our engineer. Ya, they are very busy but we must try our best to answer.

Maybe something we are really difficult to share here, or somedays you come Hong Kong, we are welcome to show you how it connected inside.

If we got time, we must try our best to update our website especially the photos in SA80 AEG section.

:unsure:

Friend, really sorry that we cannot satisfy what you need. You know, I am not strong in engineering, most of you guys' question had to pass to our engineer. Ya, they are very busy but we must try our best to answer.

Maybe something we are really difficult to share here, or somedays you come Hong Kong, we are welcome to show you how it connected inside.

If we got time, we must try our best to update our website especially the photos in SA80 AEG section.

:unsure:

Thank you ever so much.

The thing is, your website is nice, but the guide is very lackluster. I realise that english is not your first language, and as such it must be very difficult to write a comprehensive guide.

Hey Bert. Have you record the APS cocking video for me? ;)

It will be quiet nice, if ya update the site, because the SA80 is already the most wanted gun in UK and less common in Germany.

Let's hope the best ;)

Ya, I got a clip about my Type96 get a coke can in a 30M shooting range.

But still in large QuickTime format, let me send you when it comes to WMV.

Haha, well, or somedays we could start SA80 AEG business. :D

Kidding.

What I wanted to know from Bert was, how hard it is to cock a 250% spring.

He's telling me, that it should have a pulling weight of about 5kg.

Can someone confirm it?(don't understand me wrong, Bert. I trust you, but I want to know it as accurately as possible ;) )

Archived