G&P M4A1

PILMAN

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
apparently the Marine ones were released with the revised enternals a while ago.  Its just the Colt ones that are a big ominous.

I don't know if I believe that. Both the M4 and the Marines version uses the same exact gearbox, I would also assume they use the same exact internal parts.

I would bet the M4A1 is the better seller as well, so it doesn't make sense to update the internals of the gun which they sell lesser amount of.

Unless, they made a bunch of the M4A1's a while ago, then made the Marines version afterwards, but fixed the internal problems.....but I don't believe that either since every store has been out of stock on the G&P M4A1's, and I had to wait both times to order mine (which means there would be no reason for me to have to wait for my gun if they had a large stock of them at their factory).

I don't know if I believe that. Both the M4 and the Marines version uses the same exact gearbox, I would also assume they use the same exact internal parts.

I would bet the M4A1 is the better seller as well, so it doesn't make sense to update the internals of the gun which they sell lesser amount of.

Unless, they made a bunch of the M4A1's a while ago, then made the Marines version afterwards, but fixed the internal problems.....but I don't believe that either since every store has been out of stock on the G&P M4A1's, and I had to wait both times to order mine (which means there would be no reason for me to have to wait for my gun if they had a large stock of them at their factory).

hmm.. odd. I'm confused by it all. I read on these forums in a G&P thread that when the MEU M4s were released they had the problem solved.

hmm.. odd.  I'm confused by it all.  I read on these forums in a G&P thread that when the MEU M4s were released they had the problem solved.

I read the same thing but theres no proof regarding it. Theres no real proof if the problem is really as big as it is. Maybe just a few batches had problems?

I've been reading about the problem since the AEG's came out, I think since around Christmas (2004). My two had the problem, and about 3 of my buddies had these same problems. And that's spanning from over a year ago, to 3-4 weeks ago when my brother got his.

The real problem is they're not going to spend $15,000 to re-tool the problamatic gear, and as long as they're still selling the guns at a good rate (since they really are a steal), they won't change it until people stop buying them (that's just my opinion).

just came across the e-mail from G&P regarding it:

"Our Colt body is new model and all parts that you asking for (nozzle, tapet plate and sector gear) are no problem of the new one because we have modified it"

What you reckon?

Does this apply for the marine environment version as well since those are pretty new? I might purchase one of the new ones with colt body too now.

the Marine ones were released with modified enternals prior to the Colt ones it seems, but there doesn't seem to be any way of ascertaining if you are buying one with new or old enternals at the moment. I guess e-mailing the retailers would clarify this if you can find a retailer that actually has G&P in stock. I'll give Zero One a mail now.

I emailed G&P about what modifications they've made, as in how to notice the changes, so that people will be able to tell if they have a revised version or the older one. I've also asked them about part replacements, for those who have recently got older models, where parts have broken, and so they might be able to get the updated parts from G&P, free of charge.

I'll post up their reply whenever I get it.

I emailed G&P about what modifications they've made, as in how to notice the changes, so that people will be able to tell if they have a revised version or the older one. I've also asked them about part replacements, for those who have recently got older models, where parts have broken, and so they might be able to get the updated parts from G&P, free of charge.

I'll post up their reply whenever I get it.

Good idea about identifying how to notice. Hopefully with us guys mailing them and gathering some info we can get some confirmation on this topic as there seems to be little actual information other than speculation around at the moment.

Good idea about identifying how to notice.  Hopefully with us guys mailing them and gathering some info we can get some confirmation on this topic as there seems to be little actual information other than speculation around at the moment.

Are you guys talking about the WGC Customs or the regular?

Good idea about identifying how to notice.  Hopefully with us guys mailing them and gathering some info we can get some confirmation on this topic as there seems to be little actual information other than speculation around at the moment.

It doesn't seem like theres a ton of information regarding G&P either as in where the majority of people know about it like the back of there hand say compared to TM, CA, or ICS. It would be nice to know if they truely fixed the problem so i'm not out in the middle of a game being paranoid wondering when the tappet plate will break.

Right just got this reply from G&P:

First, we don't have sale Colt logo branded of M4 for long time ago.

And we haven't got any newer version on those parts, if you have broken some parts by yourself, we regret to let you know that we will not replace it for you.

Best Regards,

Webmaster

Not quite sure what to make of this, as it conflicts with what they've said previously.

that's the exact opposite of what they told me.... GRRRR! Places seem to be out of stock of their Colt metal bodies by themselves too- otherwise I was looking into getting a CAM15A4 and sticking a G&P body on and Commando conversion with inner outer barrels and sticking an M500 flashlight foregrip, but alas the cost + no Colt G&P bodies anywhere. Now to give up on G&P, but what to get for a medium range weapon... I refuse to conform to the regular M4, and I'm not buying a TM plastic thing.

that's the exact opposite of what they told me.... GRRRR!  Places seem to be out of stock of their Colt metal bodies by themselves too- otherwise I was looking into getting a CAM15A4 and sticking a G&P body on and Commando conversion with inner outer barrels and sticking an M500 flashlight foregrip, but alas the cost + no Colt G&P bodies anywhere.  Now to give up on G&P, but what to get for a medium range weapon... I refuse to conform to the regular M4, and I'm not buying a TM plastic thing.

Whats wrong with the MEU logos? You could always get rid of them since their not physically engraved then take it to a engraver and have your own Colt logos put in. Or what about a new G&P gearbox?

I think it was at the top of page 3 about how to sort that out, basically the actual hop up housing is too tight on the arm that pushes the nub down, so you need to take the internals out of the housing, and then file down the inside of the hop housing, where the arm is, to allow it to bounce properly, or at least this seems to be the solution to the problem your describing.

Also you can try loosening the screw that holds the hop up adjuster, just unscrew it slightly, although you may find this allows the hop up to unwind easier, because theres no resistance holding it there.

Whats wrong with the MEU logos? You could always get rid of them since their not physically engraved then take it to a engraver and have your own Colt logos put in. Or what about a new G&P gearbox?

I just don't like the white Marine logos and don't want to pay extra to get them replaced with Colt ones and the bodies are black rather than grey it seems- also MEU ones are discontinued now too it looks like. The only G&P guns that seem to be about are the MEU RAS II. If they haven't sorted the internals I don't want a G&P anyway if its not a Colt M4 Commando- its ridiculous if you have to buy a gun and then the enternals. I'd rather get a CA M15A4C... if only WGC stocked them... :angry:

I just don't like the white Marine logos and don't want to pay extra to get them replaced with Colt ones and the bodies are black rather than grey it seems- also MEU ones are discontinued now too it looks like.   The only G&P guns that seem to be about are the MEU RAS II.   If they haven't sorted the internals I don't want a G&P anyway if its not a Colt M4 Commando- its ridiculous if you have to buy a gun and then the enternals.   I'd rather get a CA M15A4C... if only WGC stocked them...  :angry:

Wait they discontinued the MEU version? Why? I thought it was just released. By the way mine is MEU and it's black.

I'm guessing the MEU ones are discontinued as most retailers seems to have now stopped stocking them as well. And yea that's what I meant, the MEU are black and the Colt ones are grey. The only reason I want a G&P is cos the grey of the Colt bodies is sposed to be perfect, and they do the only metal M4 Commando out there.

Yes the Colt bodies are beautiful. It's odd though that they would discontinue both series. They really are great guns once the couple of gearbox troubles are sorted out. Shame really.

Maybe their planning to rerelease them. Makes little sense for them to completely discontinue them although I'm sure there maybe a reason, possibly cost. A lot of companys have a hard time competeing with the larger ones with "inferior" parts. Not naming any in particular

Archived