G&P M4A1

PILMAN

I've been through every G&P made LR300 brought into the U.S. in 2005. Dozens of G&P Colt M4's in 2005 and one Colt M4 in 2006. The LR300's are a bit different, they have a hopup chamber return spring (that thing that makes it press against the mechbox). All the M4's were the same as far as the way the parts fit, the only difference was that newest M4 actually had grease in the proper areas. Past guns were basically just dry with grease in inconsequential areas. It doesn't really matter though, because they don't come shimmed perfectly. You still should go in there and have the gears shimmed, during which time greasing is no problem.

A G&P plus $80 to tune it is worth much more than any CA IMO.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When they made the deal with Cybergun, they could only do their Colt line through Cybergun. Well, in the great business practices of Cybergun, they never had any Colt products made by G&P. Basically this means that Cybergun owns their Colt line and that's that. They won't sell their Colt products to any retailers... unless something goes on under the table. The problem I have is that G&P requires 20,000 pieces in order to make a custom logo onto a metal body. Otherwise, some people I know would have made some deals with other weapons manufacturers.

Colt threatened to sue G&P.

G&P was using unlicensed trademarks.

That's the same line AirsoftShop.com used on me when they took 4 weeks to send me my first G&P M4. So I emailed G&P directly and they didn't know what AirsoftShop was talking about, and just said the M4A1 body is simply out of stock at the moment.

I just got this reply from them

G&P Webmaster to me

More options 1:31 am (10 hours ago)

Dear Matt Cohen,

We cannot sale Colt mark guns because of we have agreement with Colt that we are licenced to sell one model of gun carry with Colt mark only. Apart from this model, we are not allowed to carry Colt mark in other guns.

Best Regards,

Webmaster

Just got my M4 W00T. On the box it has a sticker saying it has been produced with Colt Logo's under license from Cybergun, now the issue seems that ICS must have been willing to pay more for the license and so got it or something.

Lovely airsoft piece it is, although the handguards don't come off very easily, as the spring is very very stiff. Only downside I can externally see is the sliding stock, which is a bit poor, but I'm changing that for the TM one I have.

More stuff to come later.

but WGC are out of stock of that too! I'm getting an M4A1 from RedWolf, and getting a M733 RAS/RIS kit to convert it into an M4 Commando.  BTW what is the difference between RIS and RAS?

G&P Webmaster to me

More options 10:21 pm (9 hours ago)

Yes, we have a deal with Cybergun that we cannot sell anything with Colt logos in the US.

----- Original Message -----

To: G&P Webmaster

- Hide quoted text -

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:02 PM

Subject: Re: G&P Web

I thought G&P had a deal with Cybergun to retail anything with Colt logos in the US though?

G&P Webmaster  to me

More options  10:21 pm (9 hours ago)

Yes, we have a deal with Cybergun that we cannot sell anything with Colt logos in the US.

----- Original Message -----

To: G&P Webmaster

- Hide quoted text -

Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:02 PM

Subject: Re: G&P Web

I thought G&P had a deal with Cybergun to retail anything with Colt logos in the US though?

So why are the HK stores out of stock and not getting any new stock in?

So why are the HK stores out of stock and not getting any new stock in?

Your guess is as good as mine. Redwolf still has them but they take forever to restock stuff. Maybe G&P is releasing a new line of products or something, it's possible or maybe their going out of business.

hmm... is anyone here familiar with the G&P M733 RAS front set and it's battery storage ability? Also is the outer barrell that comes with it removable? AND FINALLY... if I buy a CA36C at the same time as planned with the bits to convert it into a CA36 with a 6.03 barrell does the piston need to be changed? A friend said he heard if you convert a gun with a short barrell into a gun with a long one you have to change the piston to avoid the whole suck-back thing, but wasn't sure about this. Could someone clarify?

Unless you're using a Li-Lion battery, nothing will fit in any of the G&P RAS's (and even that battery may not fit).

You're options are a PEQ laser battery box, battery bag, ready-mag, or a stock in the back (crane, vltor, full stock, etc.).

And suckback isn't a G&P topic, but if you're putting in a much longer barrel I would change the cylinder (not the piston as you mentioned....and the cylinder is a cheap part). Go to WGCshop and look at the cylinder of the stock G36C barrel, and look at the cylinder for the barrel length you want to put in; if they look different, buy the new one.

On the way. I must say lovely externals, but I made the decision to downgrade it, as I didn't feel comfortable shooting at others with a 400FPS rifle, and was that a nightmare and a half. It was going fine, until I tried to get the bearing bushings out of the gearbox case, and then well two of them came out fine, but the third one, that decided to explode into a few pieces, so I was left without a bushing for that gear, big big problem, so now there is my old gearbox from my other M4, with the G&P internals, which are really top notch quality, gears, piston/piston head all that stuff.

Getting a mini battery in the foregrips is a heck of a task, but once you've got it in, there is no way its coming out again, that delta ring is stiff, really stiff. The body has really nice engravings, although I've found it scratches quite easily. I found that the fire selector is somewhat stiff to move, and doesn't click into each position well at all, although once its in the semi position or auto, its not going to be nudged very easily at all.

As I said before the stock is rather shiny plastic, seems to be of OKish quality, just too shiny, so that got replaced by a TM M4 one, which matches the colour of the buffer tube nicely.

Just to mention about the sturdiness of the whole piece, I somehow managed to fall over onto the gun, and it took my weight with ease (about 11 stone).

The front site is nice and sturdy, although you don't get a sight adjustment tool with the gun. The sling point is fixed to the underside of the barrel, and can't be moved to either side, unlike the TM one, which for some might make using 3 point slings slightly different, as the sling will pull the gun sideways. The flash hider is only held on by torque, there's no little grub screw holding it on, and the thread underneath is also a 14mm POSITIVE thread.

As you can tell I'm doing this completely randomly as I have the gun standing up behind me and I'm just talking about things as I see them.

For those of you into a bit of realism, there is a mock gas tube running the length of the handguards, and also the heat shields are present on the foregrips.

Thats all I can think of right now, photos will go up tomorrow probably, along with anything else I can think of, and I'll compile it all together and put a review in the database. If anyone's got some info about their guns they'd like mentioned, like what upgrades they've been able to do and any problems they've encountered I'll put them in there as well. Also I'll take all the replies from WGC and G&P and put them in there as well, in some attempt to try and make it a refference for G&P M4's.

Manxmadman, why would you take out the metal bearing bushings? They're really expensive to replace since they're 7mm which is pretty uncommon.

Ross, IMO Systema makes the best hop-up, although I would use the stock G&P until it gets funky; but I would install a new hop-up bucking. You should also have ordered a new tappet plate since the G&P one is very brittle.

Ross, IMO Systema makes the best hop-up, although I would use the stock G&P until it gets funky; but I would install a new hop-up bucking. You should also have ordered a new tappet plate since the G&P one is very brittle.

A gaurder tappet plate, phoenix high cycle gears, a systema m4 nozzle and hop-up bucking. Anything else needed to make this gun function okay? Oh also I'm putting in an M100 spring due to 330fps power restrictions in England, and also in the hope of increasing the reliability.

*Madman ^^ thanks for any info you give us

I would not get Phoenix gears, let alone Phoenix high-speed gears. There's a post here I think about peoples bad experiences with them (broken after 4K rounds, etc). I would get Prometheus standard ratio if you want reliability (high-speed are fine as well, but they won't be as reliable as standard ratio).

And since the tappet plate can sometimes be a tight fit (on my first G&P at least), I would get a Systema (I think I noticed my guarder tappet plate was just the littliest bit thicker than the Systema/Area1000 one).

Archived