G&P M4A1

PILMAN

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

just got an e-mail back from G&P and they said that their Colt bodies now have the new version enternals installed so there is no difference between the MEU and the Colt bodied M4s, and that all problems with the guns mentioned in the threads on here (I listed them and asked them for a suggested solution) are apparently ammended in the new versions which is great because I don't like the white MEU markings :D

Did they say when they changed the internals over? As I'm hoping that I will have the new internals in the normal colt marked body, which I ordered on the 4th January from WGC so I'd guess my G&P will have newer internals, but would just like to check, if possible.

Cheers

Adam

Did they say when they changed the internals over? As I'm hoping that I will have the new internals in the normal colt marked body, which I ordered on the 4th January from WGC so I'd guess my G&P will have newer internals, but would just like to check, if possible.

Cheers

Adam

No they didn't give me any additional information other than all highlighted problems had been resolved in the new version. I'm not quite sure how to determine what Colt bodied M4s are their new version ones, although I think WGC were out of stock of all Colt bodied guns for 2 or 3 weeks (not their custom ones) and as of late they seem to be getting them back in stock so that could be a sign. I am ready to order my M4 Commando but not without reassurance I'll get a new version and WGC don't seem to like me enough to reply to my e-mails so... :angry: Think I'll hang on for a CA AUG.

Well hopefully my G&P M4 should be here tomorrow or Tuesday (finally after a 5 day stay in customs) so I might be able to find out whether they have solved any of the problems with the tappet plate. If you really want to get the commando, don't let this issue put you off getting one, once the problem is solved the gun's appear to be great.

I'm pretty new to airsoft and not familiar with the internals of the guns so I don't really have the ££ coinage to buy replacement parts or the knowledge to install them, which is why I'm favouring a CA Aug or more likely a G36 as my next gun as CA seem to be good from stock. Besides, its damn annoying spending so much money on something that you need to fix from the go.

Thats the disadvantage to all guns, there is likely to be a part that will need some tweaking, or playing around with, although the CA36 series don't seem to have anything that needs fixing internally, or at least I haven't read of anything. So going for the CA36 series is a good bet.

I'll give it a shot, it'll be more of a first impression affair rather than a full on review, but I'll be getting into the internals almost as soon as I get it, so I should be able to get some idea of what they're like. With the threads around, they almost create a review by themselves, but I'll see what I can do.

yes, please do get up some really good quality reviews that explains internals, performance, and if possible at the time, durability and reliability. I haven't bought mine yet due to school and stuff like that but I'm hoping to get one in the coming month or two when i have breaks from school. and I'd like to see some reviews on the newest G&P M4A1's

yes, please do get up some really good quality reviews that explains internals, performance, and if possible at the time, durability and reliability. I haven't bought mine yet due to school and stuff like that but I'm hoping to get one in the coming month or two when i have breaks from school. and I'd like to see some reviews on the newest G&P M4A1's

I can't say too much on internals because I haven't opened mine up. I have had no problems on single shot.

wow everywhere is sold out now! Redwolf have the M4A1 and that's about it and nowhere else has anything other than the 635 of G&Ps... shame. I want to put in an order fmro HK for a CA36 and M4Commando but I have to wait for WGC to get in the new G&P guns :( Hopefully they are selling out of the old ones and waiting new stock for the new ones and not just selling out indeffinately :S

I think I was talking about this in another G&P thread, but I just went through my 2nd tappet plate on my 2nd G&P M4A1. I think I can positively say that the gears are the culprit, and they need to be replaced (along with the tappet plate and nozzle to be safe) for the gun to be reliable.

How recently did you bu yyour second one? G&P claim to have sorted out those issues in their most recent re-release of their MEU and COlt bodied M4s...

The 2nd G&P M4A1 I've bought was purchased 3 weeks ago (the one which the tappet plate snapped for the 2nd time). I know it's from their latter production run because the body has more defects in it than my first one has (purchased 10 months ago) ----basically meaning the mold for the metal body is getting old (but the defects are very, very small, I'm just picky, and I know the signs of an older metal mold).

I bought mine around december (last month) would the problems have been fixed in that.

no idea, depends where from I guess. WGC is where I was looking to buy mine from and they only started selling out of G&P about 2 weeks ago and now they are pretty much all sold out. I don't know if this means the ammended guns will be coming to them shortly or if they are ceasing trade with G&P or what, but from what TriChrome said it seems yours might be from their latest batch, as his seems to be.

no idea, depends where from I guess.  WGC is where I was looking to buy mine from and they only started selling out of G&P about 2 weeks ago and now they are pretty much all sold out.  I don't know if this means the ammended guns will be coming to them shortly or if they are ceasing trade with G&P or what, but from what TriChrome said it seems yours might be from their latest batch, as his seems to be.

I bought it from redwolf. When I bought it they had just added the G&P M4's with the Marine emblems on them.

Archived