Magnum boots?

sp00n

Hum... interesting... a lot being said that knocks Magnums.

I have owned a pair of the Sympatex boots and have kicked the *beep* out of them over the last 5 years. I do clean and polish them after every weekend and they are ratty, but my feet stay dry and I've never had blisters from walking in them.

Now this is no more a validation of Magnum products than the negative ones were.

I think the question we should be asking is what has caused some people's boots to wear out and others not?

Hum... interesting... a lot being said that knocks Magnums.

I have owned a pair of the Sympatex boots and have kicked the *beep* out of them over the last 5 years. I do clean and polish them after every weekend and they are ratty, but my feet stay dry and I've never had blisters from walking in them.

Now this is no more a validation of Magnum products than the negative ones were.

I think the question we should be asking is what has caused some people's boots to wear out and others not?

The last bit is a good question, maybe if your the...erm....heavier type you will where boots out fast? maybe sore feet is down to your choice in socks?

perhaps climate is a factor?

Personally i don't want to spent 300notes on some damn boots, its all swings and round-a-bouts.

I've got a pair of Magnum Response 8 and the newer Magnum Amazon 4 Desert Boots. I'be been using the Response 8's since 2003 and the Amazons since March of 2005. Are Magnums the best boot? Not by a long shot. Are the a solid set of boots? Yes, especially considering the price. My Responses are still going strong and have yet to fall apart. Granted I only play once per month, but I've had no issues. The Amazons are even better than the Responses. I've found them to be even more comfortable that the Responses.

So if you're on a budget, the Magnums will work fine for you. If you have a larger budget, want a better boot, or a more realistic look, try elsewhere.

IMO, Magnums are more than good enough for most airsoft usage, but they aren't the best boots on the market.

Picked mine up today, $42.50 with tax. Pretty comfortable, been wearing them around all day.

Oh and obviously Danner makes better boots, but they cost over 4x more than these. For a set of footwear that gets worn 2 times a month MAX, I just can't justify it.

So what we are saying is a couple of times a month for work that is not to messy like hardcore woodland and not to extreme.

I used mine for over 400miles in 2 months which is more than most of you have done in your boots and 30 miles a day gave me bad blisters but they where quite comfy for stuff that was not to extreme.

So if you want boots for airsofting Urban then these should be fine, but walking long distances for a few days at a time several times a month will kill these boots.

Just make sure you take good care of them or they will die quickly.

The 5.11 are in no way water proof. I found that during a heavy rain the water trickling down the side of my boot was slowly absorbed..

Really? I basically walked up a river in mine had no problems at all with any water getting through and had it ###### it down on me with no problems. And yes they are the HRTs.

As for Magnums i brought my first pair the other day, took abit of breaking in but only a few hours of wear. I will see how they hold up.

I don't know if anyone else gets this, but i've never had a pair of boots that fit. My magnums were too big for a long time and then too small allmsot striaght away. I've allways worn thing sports socks (not the football type) and never had trouble with blisters. Tis very confusing.

Magnums are fine for weekend airsofting but if your serious about your kit and want it to perform accordingly I would suggest Danner accadia's or their Ft. Lewis model. Canadian issue goretex wet weather boots are what I use and the only gripe about them I have is that in extreme cold the vibram soles get slipery. I have about 500KM on them and they still look brand new / save for regular sole wear. I believe they are made by prospector here in canada and look exactly like a danner accadia.....

my .02

MORGUE

i own a pair of magnums i dont really airsoft that much but i am in the ACF and use them extensively and they are great thye sole is very hard wearing and has hardly worn down unlike the british assault boots which i have to replace every year or so (not that long i know ) boots are the only thing i dont mind spending money on because i know i will get a lot of wear out of them.

i own a pair of magnum CEN classics and they are the best bootsi have ever owned comfortable hard wearing and great for running to and from contacts.

a lot of my m8s wear magnums and i have heard numerous time that the sole detaches from the boot but only after extreme use so i would recomend them to anyone having problems finding decent hard wearing comfortable boots

Archived