Marui Glock 18C Previewish thing at RR

Megalomaniac

Incidentally, that's why overhead lines have about 40,000v going through them. If the voltage was halved, the cross-sectional area of the cable would need to be doubled.

I thought the voltage was high to reduce reisitance. R=I/V. So for x ampage, moer voltage is better to reduce resisitance, and hence energy loss through resisitance.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great logic :rolleyes: how about China makes cheap clothes.

Communisim = anti-nakedness.

America makes SUVs.

Capatialism = pollution.

Awww ###### its all true, i take back my sarcasim... anyway, other 240V countries are NZ, Oz and HK. I suppose other ex-colonies might be too. India? I asume Canada is 110? It does seem somewhat shortsighted to not make it easily compatible, i suppose you can always buy a step-down converter, but that isnt easy to lug about to sites.

The way I see it, the daft thing is that it's the easiest thing in the world to make a dual-voltage transformer.

If you use a switch-mode transformer (like a laptop) then it'll work at anything between 100v and 250v anyway.

If you are using an induction-coil transformer you just use a centre-tapped transformer. This, basically, has 2 coils on it and you use one for 110v and 2 for 240v.

A 16 year old kid knows to buy centre-tapped transformers in case he wants to swap voltages at some point.

Obviously it's not that TM "forgot" to use centre-tapped transformers it's just that they didn't consider it.

Well, given RR's latest info (now they have actually TESTED it - First report I've seen by people who HAVE, so kudos guys, after my comments earlier in this thread) a lot of people might be thinking twice about sinking GBB money into an EBB which doesn't blowback.

Performance is disappointing, cycling on semi slow and accuracy limited.

'full' details at http://www.renegaderecon.com

Cheers.

Performance is disappointing, cycling on semi slow and accuracy limited.

'full' details at http://www.renegaderecon.com

Cheers.

HAHAHA!

Well, I have to say that this surprised me about as much as when Boy George first admitted he was gay.

One the one hand, respect to RR for eating their previous words and telling the truth about the AEP.

On the other hand, it kinda makes them out to be gullible chumps who were willing to believe anything they were told.

It seems, to me, that a gaggle of idiots on a web forum (us) had a more realistic view of how the AEP would perform than a bunch of so-called experts.

Hmm, I have no problem with acknowledging the performance of the thing when it's the views of people who have handled it. The problem recently has been the number of people knocking something they haven't even seen, let alone handled. Anyway, I'm sure we'll soon figure out how to upgrade, improve and rape the hell out of it. ;)

I think someone suggested an exteranl battery pack linked by a lanyard. Anyone got any thoughts on the feasibility of that?

Put bluntly, it sucks.

Remember when you had a walkman?

How often did the earphone connector snuff it and require re-soldering or a new pair of earphones?

Think about how much flexing and pulling a pair of earphones receive compared to the lanyard connected to a gun.

The only decent solution, for me, would be dummy LAM units with batteries inside.

Even then, however, you're not really solving the problem, just applying a band-aid to it.

I don't see how battery capacity is gonna be the downfall of the AEP. My G19 only sees about 2 or 3 mags-worth of use per skirmish. 80-odd shots. Surely the AEP battery can manage that?

The issue is more to do with the viscious-circle that the need for bigger batteries represents.

To make the gun accurate at longer range you need more power. The ONLY way to get more power is by bunging a stronger spring in.

You bung a stronger spring in and you put more strain on the internals, as well as requiring more power to wind the spring.

Having invented and fitted the stronger spring, reinforced gearbox and upgraded gears we are now at the stage where an upgraded battery might be useful....

...except that all the upgrades we've already carried out mean we need an even bigger battery to actually make real progress.

I dunno.

To be honest, I can't see the AEP being reliable enough, after upgrades, that people will bother producing, or doing, the upgrades.

Looking into my crystal ball I see a future where customers get sick of broken gears and faulty electrical connections. I see companies stopping selling parts for the AEP after about 6 months and, at the same time, I see the price of the AEP dropping to about the same as the price of TMs NBBs and AEPs filling roughly the same market space.

And, far be it from me to say "I told you so" but I did say that the only way the AEP would shoot 50m was if it had a monster hop-up. And it has. :P

Archived