Gear for skinnies

TheQuietWarlock

Bloody hell Gaz, 6'3" and under 10.5 stone??! :o :o

Dude. At least I can buy elasticated waists :lol: Although my shiny new trainers will hopefully put me more in line with you lot eventually ;)

I'm not here `just for the spam of it` actually, my best mate is a skinny and he will need some gear much the same as everyone else soon (damn silly bugger goes running a lot now and I know he aint' eating 3 full meals a day, grrrrrr....)

His Viper assault vest fits just great though, but he isn't so much `skinny`, yet, as much as `hasn't got an ounce of fat on him`. The total b*stard :P

Oh my god! I read the entire thread, then I googled "pound" to see how much 116lbs was. I'm sixteen, and two years ago I weighed about...155lbs(which equals that I weigh a lot more today, but as a statement against all the chicks I know who weigh themselves once a week I avoid scales).

I count myself as skinny, and I'm constantly trying to make the fat choice to bulk up. That comes from a 16 y.o. who has gained a lot since he was 14.

Why not buy a hydration system like a camelbak and wear that under your top camo?

A couple benefits:

1 - everyone needs to hydrate anyway, and few do it correctly. Staying hydrated really does give you extra stamina just being able to take sips throughout the day

2 - in summer, if its cool water, it'll act as a heatsink for a couple hours at least.

3 - in cold weather... warm water

• 1 month later...
You could go somali rebel and run around with just an AK and a 600 round hicap.  Thats what I do, the only problem is im a 5'10", 180lb guy trying to do it.

Been there, done that, now I know why we kill 100 of them for every one of us.

id recommend a tank, at 70lb you wouldnt wanna get hit with a bb, might actually be the final nail the coffin. lol.

Quoted for truth! You need to eat more! At your weight 6mm BB's can kill, never mind 8mm's!

eat beef and ice cream.

Not the recommend diet but it will produce the desired result...

Try this, I have heard good things about it:

MFF rig

I am 5'7" and weigh 192 lbs. No, I am not fat. I am built somewhat like a tank. Hence I carry a CA249 around.

Cheers!

Crispin1025

Crispin I wasn't saying that.... I was just saying that I'm glad I'm big too

and I don't have this problem... :P

I can imagine how You're, I'm a bodybuilder so I know what You mean.... ;)

Cheers and shoot also for me as until May I can't.... :(

My finger are eager to hit a trigger and shoot that 50000 bulletts :D

Cpt Kaos

My 12 year old son is really small for his age. We built a really small modular chest rig for him out of a HSGI Modular drop leg platform, some Fastex buckles, some straps from a unused Camelbak, 2 BHI Pop-flare pouches, a TT single mag shingle, a BHI GP pouch, and a 1.2 liter camelbak bladder. I will see if I can find a photo.post-4211-1143053714_thumb.jpg Ok, this picture is of the first version. the BHI Mag pouches were added to the front of the TT shingle, then the Pop-flare pouches were added in where the BHI mag pouches were. This allowed him to carry his P90 and carry a KJW G27 as a back-up along with enough water to get him through 2 skirmishes.

post-4211-1143053789_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1143053836_thumb.jpg

Marimba, that is quality! Your lad is very small for a 12 year old isn't he? Watch out though; in a year or so you'll probably be buying him a whole new wardrobe every month until he's 18 :lol:

Great idea on the rig, it seems to fit on him really well.

personally i swear by us alice webbing. i'm around a 30-32" waist (5'9" 150ish lb if anyones interested)

i've got 3 mag pouches, a holster, 2 canteens ,butt pack and belt pad and it holds everything i need for a days skirmishing and more. the pad is a great adition as it ups the waist by a couple of inches so i can fit everything together better.

OK... anyone know of a shop that has an Eagle Plate Carrier with Cumberbund in OD and size Small that's actually in stock...seems that NO ONE has them... preferebly if they also stock TT pouches too... Soon... very soon... CA249P, just gotta get rid of that AK74...

Alex "Col Sanders"

personally i swear by us alice webbing. i'm around a 30-32" waist (5'9" 150ish lb if anyones interested)

i've got 3 mag pouches, a holster, 2 canteens ,butt pack and belt pad and it holds everything i need for a days skirmishing and more. the pad is a great adition as it ups the waist by a couple of inches so i can fit everything together better.

He got to it first.

I would also recommend ALICE web gear. At 5'10" and 135lbs, I can say I'm pretty slim*. However, I can get ALICE gear adjusted to fit me perfectly. Plus, it's often cheaper than a MOLLE rig.

Plus, it's often cheaper than a MOLLE rig.

probably even more so in the states. my webbing has cost me about £150+ ($260) but i have bought everything new (apart from my bianchi holster) and i've ended up getting 2 butt packs as my first one was an old style one which i didnt like.

Man, I am a small guy. I started working out when I figured out that lbv's didnt look right. It is nearly dangerous the be that light and doing much phsysical activity. You should work out and eat. Build up your back and abs to hold gear on you. Eat carbs and protein. Then like said before...get body armor like a replica interceptor (what people use on our team who look even slightly skinny) then fill the armor with a phone book or replica plate. This should give you a good soldier look. Then attach pouches directly to the armor or place a vest of your choice over it. The good news is , is that many people in Japan are small, so a small sized armor will still fit well over you (THEY ARE TEEENY). Good luck

Archived