left handed bolt action airsoft rifles

hippiehater44

Yeah, I'm a left-handed shooter and always wondered what it'd be like to have a real left-handed bolt action...however, considering spring strength, etc., it almost doesn't matter what the action is, you're going to have to drop out of the firing position to cycle the bolt. Maybe that's just what I have to do, but with a pss170 spring in there, it's just as simple to shoot left-handed, drop the rifle and cycle with my right hand. In prone it's especially easy. LOL, I've done it that way for so long it's almost second nature to me. I think my right arm has gotten stronger than my left in this configuration :)

Mobaar

There really isn't going to be any problem if the gun is upgraded to high fps (Americans only ;) ) You're going to lose a bit of precision cycling anyways so why spend xx bucks on something that only changes the hand you use for a difficult bolt pull? I would love to have a lefty just for comfort's sake, but honestly, after about one full skirmish with my VSR, I'm perfectly comfortable cycling with the right hand. hippiehater, we're both in KCAA so hook up with me at a game and I'll show you what I mean.

Mobaar

• 3 months later...

I think you'd be better off to just learn to pull the bolt with your right hand. I'm ambidextrous, but i use my left hand to write. If it feels awkward to you, try using your guns so that the barrel is pointing towards your left. That's what did; I got used to it in about an hour or so. Not to mention that it will be a lot cheaper. :)

I'm also ambidextrous, i had to learn to fire the british armies SA80 (L85) and as alot of brits will know those thngs are not lefty friendly, but now im one of my units top shots, left or right, the reason i want a lefty L96 (Type96) is purly for the comfort feature. Granted im a good shot left or right, but at the end of the day i'm left handed and therefore would just like to be able to operate my favorite bolt action in that set up. Maybe a company could come up with an ambidextrous bolt, like a T-bar that i designed when younger, basically i would replace the bolt handle on the right but the way it would be situated would mean that the reciever does not need modification. if you want i will post up a drawing of my design.

Grim

Im both equeal well at least i think i am. but being left when i pick a weapon up it naturally goes into the left shoulder. Sorry if that question was directed at some one else.

Grim

Archived