A job for a 17 yr old

Foodus99

Hmmm, the other day when I was sitting at a movie theater thinking about how much the job I have there sucks it came across my mind that there really aren't any good jobs for a 17 yr old. The place starts you out at about 50 cents higher than minimum wage and they treat you like dirt. Does anyone out here know what I mean? Maybe some of you know of better places to work at where the pay is better. I wouldn't mind the being treated like dirt part as long as I was getting paid a lot... haha

Well... when you first start, you're not exactly the mot experienced staff in the team.

In retail for example, they want staff to be on the ball all the time and so friendly it's sickening.

So, don't even think about it... be grateful you got the job and soldier on for another 2 years or so. You're bound to get a payrise then, and for the loyalty [of staying in a *suitcasey* place] they may even think about promoting you... say to supervisor or assistant manager.

Ok, that's a bit hopeful. But that's what it's all about.

You think asking about it on an airsoft forum would help? :)

Now... here's a few real bits of advice.

Private tuition for kiddies, like music instruments, or foreign languages. Go visit them in their own homes too, gives you an excuse to charge a tiny bit more.

It's about giving as much of your freetime to work. That's it really... come certain holidays and things, restaurants and pubs would recruit... so just before the time comes, print like 20-30 resumes/CVs and just hand them out like propaganda.

Also, speak to your college/school about jobs, you may get lucky... it's just a case of constantly trying.

I spent 3 years of my life unemployed. Can I just say again, be grateful. :)

Muhahah, I have a kick-*albartroth* job, and I'm 17 ^_^ I'm just lucky, though.

I work at GAME, a prety big game shop - as you can tell. Selling computer games and the like, although it seems as if we're starting to branch into board games a bit :blink: Yes, you do have to be realy nice to everyone, but if you're patient and generaly friendly then it's not too bad. There are some genuinley lovely people who come in every now and then.

The fact that I get paid a fair bit (about £5 an hour, which is a lot better than my old job) is good enough, but I get an employee discount on top of that, which is absolutley awesome.

And the people I work with are absolutley brilliant folks. And for some reason, i bought them mini-eggs today!

The only real downside is that I usualy work sundays, and as such it's a bit trickier to get to skirmishes, but my boss is a nice bloke, and it's just a case of asking him, and giving him enough notice so he can shuffle shifts a bit to cover my day off ^_^

Okay, I'll stop rubbing my awesome job in now :D

But, moral of the story - there are perks to just about any job. Some have none, but most have SOMETHING good about them!

I work for the local college, Bucknell University, in the dining hall...Starting wage was $7 an hour, and I get to choose my own hours. Its not a bad gig, although college students can be the dumbest people around, even while sober.

too bad you dont live in california,arizona, or nevada, cause in n out burger pays 9 dollars an hour for new employees and ive been working there for 3 months and i got a 25 cents raise : ) and there some guy whos been working there less than me and hes a level 4 which is like 10.25 an hour, only problem i have are the dress code and the work, it can be demanding sometimes : ( i have no idea how this is going to help you i think i just wanted to brag about my job, if you want easy work then just hustle people : ) i do that ish anyways and i gain like 40 a week : )

Muhahah, I have a kick-*albartroth* job, and I'm 17 ^_^ I'm just lucky, though.

I work at GAME, a prety big game shop - as you can tell. Selling computer games and the like, although it seems as if we're starting to branch into board games a bit :blink: Yes, you do have to be realy nice to everyone, but if you're patient and generaly friendly then it's not too bad. There are some genuinley lovely people who come in every now and then.

The fact that I get paid a fair bit (about £5 an hour, which is a lot better than my old job) is good enough, but I get an employee discount on top of that, which is absolutley awesome.

And the people I work with are absolutley brilliant folks. And for some reason, i bought them mini-eggs today!

The only real downside is that I usualy work sundays, and as such it's a bit trickier to get to skirmishes, but my boss is a nice bloke, and it's just a case of asking him, and giving him enough notice so he can shuffle shifts a bit to cover my day off ^_^

Okay, I'll stop rubbing my awesome job in now :D

But, moral of the story - there are perks to just about any job. Some have none, but most have SOMETHING good about them!

Hrm, I was sure you had to be 18 to get hired by Game.

Anyway, I work in sommerfied on Epos ¬_¬. ###### easy job but the pay is a bit naff. (£4.75/h)

Cheers,

Smash Joehanson

Archived