New use sniper rifle

richie_j

Got through a booklet on the raf yesterday, and flicking through it, it had a nice new weapon on it...a L94 sniper rifle.

Aint seen this about anywhere before. Can anybody shed some light on it.

The closest i've seen is the AI AE. Matches description of it.

Booklet pic

regtsniper.jpg

Me tinks...

real steel

comments.

Looks just like an L96 with a normal-style pistol grip rather than the thumbhole stock.

i cant remeber where but i swear i read about this before, i think it still has the thumb hole stock, but the accuracy or something was different, i just scammed through, it was while i was at school (looking for the statistics if anyone remebers, i did it by the way) so i'll look for a link, if i can . :)

that gun is not related to the L96 in any way. first, the stock is far too chunky up front. then there is also the pistol grip rather than a thumbhole. Also, look at the way the bipod mounts in the news photo vs. the other photo. the L96's bipod mounts to the bottom, while the L84's seems to attach to the front of the stock.

All I could find was another thread on another forum asking exactly the same thing. The L94 designation seems to already be in use for a 7.62 mm chain gun on APC's.

As for a definite answer, I cannot give one, but it could well be a prinitng error. The guy quoted the RAF booklet to the letter, and a couple of peeps in the Forces said it was news to them.

The plot thickens... (or not :) )

I don't think it's a pistol grip stock..

http://www.armedforces.co.uk/army/listings/army5b17.htm

(Sorry I'm new, don't how to post pictures)

maha, i knew i saw it somwhere, it was at a army day and i was talkin to a sniper about L96 and stuff, he said something about a new one :)

It looks like an L96 to me - just with the stock cut (very possible.. maybe it was uncomfortable to them and they knifed it?)

Plus, whats stopping them if they're SF of such - and buying their own stock for the gun? I know american snipers are huge in that, it's extremely hard to find the folding M14 stock any more at a decent price.

Archived