ICS mp5?

LordShigeru

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HOORAY, i have just gotten my belated Christmas present- the ICS MP5A2!

Ive just got a few quick questions:

1. How can I tighten the mag-well to stop the mag wobbling around?

2. Sometimes, on semi, my gun will shoot 2 bullets and once, why?

3. The gun is not 'stunningly accurate' and on full, auto, its more like a random spray! Why???

Otherwise, the build quality is top-notch and I LOVE THIS GUN TO BITS!

Thanks guys!

Thanks Hissing_Sid, Ive also got a few more questions.

Im finally starting to hate the Hi-cap rattling and would like to invest in some mid caps.

Im thinking of buying the G&P 100 round mp5 midcaps, are they worth it, ie. build quality and are they realiable, and can I load these magazines with a 'Marui BB Loader' (The one that you pour the bbs in and press the top to push them into the mag.)?

This one:

I have G&P midcaps for my M4 and they are great quality and they are 99% reliable. They do jam every so often and you have to give the mag a quick tap to get them started again.

Must admit, I'd be a bit concerned about midcap MP5 mags. Because the mag is so thin the spring and BBs would probably be going through some pretty tight turns.

If it was me, I'd order one and see what it's like, then order more if they are ok.

As for the TM speedloader, it fits pretty much every mag with varying degrees of success. On some mag's the loader nozzle will actually clip into the mag feed tube perfectly. On other mag's you just have to hold the loader pressed against the mags feed tube as you fill it.

You'll be able to use the TM Speedloader to load your MP5 mag's just fine.

OK, now Ive adjusted the hop-up and its FAR MORE accurate and the range is just amazing, further than my *both sides of a can* MC51!!!

The 2 bullet problem during semi is far less often now, and yea, ill think of it as a bonus.

Im going to go out to UN Company this afternoon to purchase two G &P Mid-caps, just cant wait!

Note to all MP5 lovers: you just GOT TO buy the ICS mp5s!!!!

sorry to post again, but I have just furthur tested my gun on full-auto and it seems like my bullets curve left or right after about 25 yards, what can I do? Is it because my hop-up rubber isnt gripping the bbs properly (common problem with the ics mp5s)?

Also, can you leave the bullets in the Mid-caps, or will it damage the spring inside it?

Thanks

MP5 mid-caps are cool, I have 4 and never had a problem (now if only I could stay alive long enough to use them all in one game!)

I wouldn't leave them loaded just incase it damages the spring.

Give a quick squirt of silicon lube down the hole too just to help.

If when you shake yours they clunk a bit, pop out the pin which goes from one side to the other at the top and slide out the inards then wrap some electrical tape around it to make a tighter fit.

The speed loader is essential, like the internet, it makes you wonder how people coped before :D

The mag-wobble experienced is down to the fact that Hi-Caps are the mag being used (I'm willing to bet). Hi-Caps ARE loose - they have not been made to the right dimensions!

Mid-Cap Mags for the MP5 will immediately solve the wobbly mag problem, as they ARE (usually) made to the right dimensions. They can sometimes be just a smidge too wide, but that only results in a more secure fit. :)

MP5 Mid-Cap Mags are a different finish to the MP5 itself and this is GOOD NEWS. The mags do not have the fake looking matt dust-painted look of the receiver, but a blued gun-metal shine - much more realistic.

They should never be stored for long periods fully loaded, but I have tested my mags in this way and they do indeed seem to work fine. I have stored them full for a 3 month period, and while the spring had lost a little of its push, a quick squirt of silicone oil fixes that. At most, if you really HAVE to store your mags loaded for a long period, I would recommend that they are only HALF full to avoid damage.

I have never noticed ANY problems with the tighter corners of the spring track on the MP5 mid-caps. They are reliable, solid, fit the gun brilliantly, need no winding, rarely if ever jam, are silent while on the move, and are far less likely to be damaged by dropping it during a re-load.

To sum up, I have found that the ICS MP5 and G&P Mid-Cap Mags together, make up the ultimate Airsoft MP5 :D

R22Master, could you please tell me why the ICS Mp5 bbs dont seem to have a straight tragectory, and curve after 20 yards (more often during full-auto), and why the gun sometimes shoots 2 bbs at once during semi?

Do you have the same problems with your gun?

Thanks!

btw, I have just bought two G & P mid-caps with a mag-clip along with a Marui BB Loader and i realli look forward to testing them tomorrow morning (its late now)

As far as i can tell, the build quality is top-notch, there is absolutely no rattle and it is a tight fit, but better than a loose fit in the hi-caps!

cruxed: Sounds like your HOP-UP rubber is causing these problems.

The 2 BBs at once problem is symptomatic of this. When the HOP-UP starts to fail, the user often applies more HOP to compensate. It's not much of a compensation and usually only results in lower muzzle velocity and random application of HOP-UP. This will cause the strange flight paths you have witnessed.

This sounds like a situation that could benefit from a replaced HOP rubber piece. They're really cheap, but a little fiddly to fit.

I noticed similar problems to you early on with my MP5. I replaced the HOP-UP rubber and the transformation was amazing - a massively improved AEG. So simple - I still wonder why ICS don't just use a better HOP-UP on their guns.

LordShigeru: Left to right - H&K G36 with AG36 grenade launcher, H&K MP7 PDW, Glock 19c.

All the guns pictured on my signature image are real-steel.

cruxed: Can you post a photo of it in its current state? I have swapped the HOP on mine, but it was a while ago and I don't remember it perfectly. Seeing a photo will refresh my memory. ;)

Ok. You need to take the upper body apart. It splits in to two halves (left & right side). Inside near the front (above and forward of the mag-port), there is a HOP-UP unit at the rear end of the barrel. You will see screws holding the unit in place. Remove these, and your barrel should then be removable.

You then take the HOP-UP unit apart. IMPORTANT: Take your HOP-UP apart on a lot of flat white paper. There is a VERY small loop of rubber that can fall out (about the diameter or the graphite in a pencil). If you lose this piece, the HOP-UP won't work at all.

Take apart as above and post more photos when you get stuck. :)

Archived