STTi M4 933 Carbine

Took delivery of my STTi M4 933 Carbine earlier this morning and have spent the better part of all morning test firing it inside my little warehouse.

At a glance:

At first appearance it looks very smart. Everything all lined up and correct. No unslightly gaps between the recievers ect.

Handling:

There is absolutely no creaking or wobbling whatsoever, especially the barrel area. Everything is as solid as a rock. I even tried to use a bit of pressure to see if the barrel flexed either way and it wouldn't budge one bit. Obviously if I'd put too much pressure on it, it would have snapped off, but so would any other airsoft gun. On further inspection it looks as though there is some kind of steel rod going right through the upper reciever and down the full length of the barrel to prevent any barrel movement. All the other little bits such as fire selector, sights ect are all very snugley fitted into place and make a nice healthy "click" sound when they are moved into their respective positions. The stock is nice and smooth and fits nicely into it's various positions. The STTi came with a standard 300 round hi-cap magazine which fitted into the magazine housing perfectly. I did have to use a little bit of pressure to get it to fit but I'm assuming that is down to it being fresh out of the box, but I'm confident that will fix itself over time as it gets a chance to bed in. Even the extra 450 round hi-cap I got (according to the bottom of the mag it is a G&G mag) also fitted nicely, but again I had to use a bit of pressure to get it to stay in. Again this will no doubt fix itself over time.

In fact the only annoying sound I heard from the STTi was coming from the forward sling hook thingy-me-bob and the lever to move the stock into it's various positions.

Battery changing:

I found the battery changing to be quite easy. Push the ring thing down, slip the lower section of the handguard off and plonk the battery in/out. Simple.

Test Firing:

The ever important firing bit. I fired a total of 50 BB's before the battery died (the battery was also fresh from the box and I couldn't wait to charge it first) as a preliminary FPS test.

The recorded FPS stats are as follows:

1st BB: 321 fps

2nd BB: error

3rd BB: error

4th BB: error

5th BB: error

6th BB: error

7th BB: error

8th BB: error

9th BB: error

10th BB: 386 fps

11th BB: error

12th BB: error

13th BB: error

14th BB: 378 fps

15th BB: 378 fps

16th BB: error

17th BB: error

18th BB: error

19th BB: error

20th BB: error

21st BB: error

22nd BB: 315 fps

23rd BB: 279.90 fps

24th BB: 381 fps

25th BB: 318 fps

26th BB: 383 fps

27th BB: 315 fps

28th BB: 379 fps

29th BB: 389 fps

30th BB: 370 fps

31st BB: 379 fps

32nd BB: 381 fps

33rd BB: error

34th BB: error

35th BB: error

36th BB: 316 fps

37th BB: error

38th BB: error

39th BB: 386 fps

40th BB: error

41st BB: error

42nd BB: error

43rd BB: 390 fps

44th BB: error

45th BB: error

46th BB: 323 fps

47th BB: 323 fps

48th BB: 325 fps

49th BB: 323 fps

50th BB: error

So, 21 BB's gave readings and 29 BB's failed to register on my chrono (one of those £40 ones from Wolf Armouries).

The FPS stats are somewhat eratic and it is in no way an accurate recording of the STTi's true FPS output as there will be factors that will undoubtly alter the above readings such as the internal parts bedding in over time that will probably result in the FPS dropping (by how much I have no idea). I still have a few more FPS test to do once the battery is fully charged. Once I've fired a couple of thousand BB's through it, it should then start to give a more consistant FPS reading.

So far so good.

Part 2 of my little review to follow in a few days including rate of fire/durability during a skirmish ect.

Steve.

Forgot to mention, the carry handle can be removed without fuss allowing for other scopes ect to be fitted and the rear sights work fine.

Edit: Looks like foo has submitted a review at the same time as me.

ƒoo  Posted Today, 02:01 PM

You stole my bloody thunder! Ive just done a review on the STTi m4!

Grrr!

Sorry, I honestly didn't know you were writing one at the same time as me. It's taken me all morning to get logged on the Arnies.

m4ris_spec  Posted Today, 02:02 PM

post some pics please

It won't be until later on that I can pop some pictures up, but they will be on, hopefully.

Steve.

nowt wrong with more than one review- quality control is always going to be a question on people's minds when they think about buying a Stti (they've not the best reputation), so the more people out there letting us know how good, bad or indifferent these are, the better!

Thats a huge range in readins, some going to high it would make the gun illigal in the uk, though it's more likaly your chrono, as 100fps is to much varying to think I though my m15 was all over the palce doing 315-327.

I'm quite intrested by one of these, just a few questions?

Do tm mags fit?

Are the gears metal (I read that they were plastic on the first models)?

Does it have a metal gear box, tm compatibil?

Whats the hop-up like in function and build quality?

Whats up with your chrono man?

Do you mean with the inconsistant FPS readings? I've no idea. I'll be able to take more readings over the weekend, see if there is any difference. If they persist in being over 300 fps then the STTi M4 933 Carbine is no good for urban (or at least LFU with a 300 fps max limit) but still great for woodland.

Time will tell.

Steve.

Do you mean with the inconsistant FPS readings? I've no idea. I'll be able to take more readings over the weekend, see if there is any difference. If they persist in being over 300 fps then the STTi M4 933 Carbine is no good for urban (or at least LFU with a 300 fps max limit) but still great for woodland.

Time will tell.

Steve.

I'm beyond intreaged by this. Does this also happen to be the SRC? I saw in another thread someone reputable said it was the same company, if thats the case then it continues to keep me split 50 50 on an SRC as a project gun or an M15A4 as a pre upgraded *generic Americanski assault rifle*

SRC/STTI/KJW are all the same company as such mate

Wow nice! thank you for clearing that up for me. Well then it appears i'm still a 50 50 split on which to do. I need experience in the Gearbox but I dont have alot of time to do it... I'm leaning towards the SRC (despite the 50 50 split) for this reason!

Since I got the chrono, it has also given out inconsistant FPS readings with other peoples ICS's, CA's, TM's..............

It could be the STTi or it could be the chrono. I'll hopefully be able to get more accurate and consistant readings on sunday, providing another bod has a chrono. Until then I suppose it's too early to speculate.

I have the same chrono, and find it's very accurate (to within 10fps as long as you set it up half-right).

Are you using the barrel mount attatchment? If so simply use an elastic to attatch it to the muzzle and set it so that the BB flies as horizontal as possible. Stabilize the gun and test.

If that doesnt work, then I guess the chrono is just faulty.

Hi Steve,

So have you been able to get any pic yet? Also how did the gun do in battle? Would you say it was worth the cash, and would it make a good first AEG?

Sorry, I honestly didn't know you were writing one at the same time as me. It's taken me all morning to get logged on the Arnies.

It won't be until later on that I can pop some pictures up, but they will be on, hopefully.

Steve.

Archived