Sting: Retailers Selling Illegal BB Guns To Minors

hivemind

As much as I think thats a fantastic Idea, that may mean you might not get your gun before  a game if you miss it when Captain Postmaster shows up wanting your signature.  And since your neighbors cant sign for you, that would suck.

As an 18 year old I find this as an abuse of my privelage as a legal adult (well in all states except Nebraska and Arkansas) to purchase something to maintain my hobby.  Yes the people got caught... ok so what, it happens all the time, move on.  In my eyes the problem is the fact that Airsoft is being presented as this underground cult gathering of potential terrorists using guns that look feel and act real and could be potentially lethal, when in all reality all of us are your average joe schmoe (no offense to anyone) who enjoys a little break from the stress of reality, and have a hobby that has no clean up afterwords and doesnt leave 3 inch bruises all of your boddy.  Missrepresentation is a problem that is absolute bull and needs to be solved.

Couldn't of said it better myself! That is exactly the spin the media will put on airsoft!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As much as I think thats a fantastic Idea, that may mean you might not get your gun before  a game if you miss it when Captain Postmaster shows up wanting your signature.  And since your neighbors cant sign for you, that would suck.

As an 18 year old I find this as an abuse of my privelage as a legal adult (well in all states except Nebraska and Arkansas) to purchase something to maintain my hobby.  Yes the people got caught... ok so what, it happens all the time, move on.  In my eyes the problem is the fact that Airsoft is being presented as this underground cult gathering of potential terrorists using guns that look feel and act real and could be potentially lethal, when in all reality all of us are your average joe schmoe (no offense to anyone) who enjoys a little break from the stress of reality, and have a hobby that has no clean up afterwords and doesnt leave 3 inch bruises all of your boddy.  Missrepresentation is a problem that is absolute bull and needs to be solved.

Problem being that all these douchtards that are under 18 are running around causing problems! Not ALL of us are responsible. Trust me, I've already in the 7 months my current store has been open had to ban people for moronic behavior. Whether it was the kid that got caught stealing from me or it was the jackholes that talk about how they could "paint the tip black and rob a bank with it". These people do no deserve the privlidge (it's not actualy a right, it's not a real gun) to own these things!

couldn't agree more rapier- it falls always upon the seller to be certain that the person they are selling to is over the legal age, even if this means a parent is doing the purchasing for the minor. Thats the law. those who don't abide by it are of course leaving themselves open for prosecution.

Its the same in the UK with alcohol- its not illegal to BUY alcohol under the age of 18, but it IS illegal to SELL it to under 18s.

This means that a 16 yr old asking for a pint in a liquor store is breaking no law, BUT the moment the seller lets them buy something without first checking ID is in clear breach of the law and will be lucky not to face a hefty fine and even teh loss of their licence.

Thats just how the law works, unfortunately- minors are frequently consider exempt from legal matters because they are, by their nature, minors and incapable for the most part of taking full responsibility for their actions- if they were legally recognised as being able to, there'd be little ground in a court of law to refuse to sell them anything that was legal for adults to own.

Archived