Sting: Retailers Selling Illegal BB Guns To Minors

hivemind

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't be saying that if the PLA arrive...

BTW, I thought this was going be about the former Police frontman, too.

I thought maybe he released an Airsoft benefit album, with tracks like "BB, set them free", "Every breath you take, every purchase you make, they'll be watching you" and "I'm an airsofter in New York" ;)

Cheers.

and are getting into the hands of minors with increased frequency. 'Replica' air guns bear a very strong resemblance to their 'real' counterparts, and there is no way to distinguish a real firearm from an air gun without close inspection."

This, in America? Anyway "no way to distinguish a real firearm from an airsoft gun without close inspection" please, you gotta have orange tips and if that aint obvious wht the b@~>:y hell is. and you might wanna watch how many get into the hands of minors becaus thats whats making the government ban selling guns outright

The term "high powered" doesn't even mean anything now that it's being used to describe airsoft guns. It's more than just a lie, it's over the top hyperbole. What's so "high powered" about a "weapon" that can barely break skin? I'd like to know what the author of this article calls a .44 magnum. A "pocket nuke", probably.

I thought all greeks were philosiphers and mathmations not mustitions :rolleyes:

They invented spelling, too. ;)

I'm tempted to go on Wikipedia and create an entry for Democrates now. It would say "Greek fella who invented the trumpet. Worshipped daily by Roy Castle, who had a shrine built in his shed using discarded copper tubing from the former Bouton & Paul factory in Wolverhampton. Roy claimed to have taken up the trumpet after he found the words "PLAY THE TRUMPET, ROY" spelled out in Alphabeti-Spaghetti as a child. Most authorities dispute this claim by pointing out that there are no commas in Alphabetti-Spaghetti, while others suggest that this could in fact have been a toast crum and that this proves Democrates was responsible (his other less famous invention was of course the extendable toasting fork)."

I don't see what the problem is. Give the clerks guns and you'll suddenly note a shift in absolute IQ towards the higher numbers.

If a kid is dumb enough to rob a store with an airsoft gun or pull it on a cop, they deserve to have their genes removed from the world's gene pool. And an automatic nomination for the Darwin Awards.

I say they should get in trouble. I'm a retailer and I check ID on everyone I sell a gun to and won't even sell to the guys under 18 that I play with on a regular basis. Has this cost me a lot of money? Yes in some ways, but at the same time most the time if the kid goes and tells his parrents that they need to be there it impresses them and they come back with the kids. :) Then I get to give them the safty lecture and cut down on DB's with airsoft guns. The thing is, here in KS there isn't a law restricting the age a person can buy an airsoft gun. With us it's more an issue of "moral obligation". The only thing even close is that KS law requires min age of 16 to buy a BB/pellet gun (airsoft is classified as a toy, not a BB/pellet gun)

DieGuitarre, it's common practice for law agencies to use minors in sting operations like this. They do it all the time for people selling cigs and alcohol to minors. If it's somone over 18/21 it's not a crime, now is it? Also, the State of MA doesn't have a law preventing minors from possessing AS guns, only from selling to them, so the only people breaking the law are the retailers.

You guys under 18 need to understand that it's not responsible guys like the ones that actualy play airsoft responsibly we need to keep these things away from. It's the kids with little to no adult supervision that run amok doing what they want because their genetic donors don't want to actualy be parrents that we need to be carefull about. If you want to get an airsoft gun and you're mom/dad says "no" they usualy have a pretty good reason and you need to talk to them and try to solve that issue (grades, disiplen, responibility, parrents just don't like guns what ever)

I'm with Rapier on this. It seems everyone else is more concerned about how the media describes airsoft guns. I know we are being defensive, but the main purpose of the article was to show that the mentioned airsoft retailers were caught selling airsoft guns to minors. They broke the law, that's all.

Those who were not caught, congratulations. Well done. I like airsoft to belong to responsible players only. Most underaged users are the ones getting in trouble with the police. In return that gives the whole community a bad reputation.

Kids, don't show the police or the general public your toys. It doesn't matter what fps they got. They look real, that's all.

They are when they're sold to minors. It's illegal to sell BB guns to minors/airsoft guns to minors. Hence, if they are sold to a minor they become illegally possessed objects.

I'm with Rapier et al on this - frankly, I wish this was required practice (the adult signatures, I mean).

They are when they're sold to minors. It's illegal to sell BB guns to minors/airsoft guns to minors. Hence, if they are sold to a minor they become illegally possessed objects.

I'm with Rapier et al on this - frankly, I wish this was required practice (the adult signatures, I mean).

As much as I think thats a fantastic Idea, that may mean you might not get your gun before a game if you miss it when Captain Postmaster shows up wanting your signature. And since your neighbors cant sign for you, that would suck.

As an 18 year old I find this as an abuse of my privelage as a legal adult (well in all states except Nebraska and Arkansas) to purchase something to maintain my hobby. Yes the people got caught... ok so what, it happens all the time, move on. In my eyes the problem is the fact that Airsoft is being presented as this underground cult gathering of potential terrorists using guns that look feel and act real and could be potentially lethal, when in all reality all of us are your average joe schmoe (no offense to anyone) who enjoys a little break from the stress of reality, and have a hobby that has no clean up afterwords and doesnt leave 3 inch bruises all of your boddy. Missrepresentation is a problem that is absolute bull and needs to be solved.

Archived