British Sten gun

gunlady

I'm with 5thElement on this i'd always look at it and think 'that's nasty' I could be looking at a ICS AK74M with the full 1j upgrade'.

I'd send it back even if's just for display or plinking the quality shown in the pic's isn't worth the money.

Yep thats fair enough, i suppose some people will pay for what they want, i'd get the TM one like a shot if i could but if the only option is a custom then thats it, like it or lump it. And yes lumping it might be best :)

Yep thats fair enough, i suppose some people will pay for what they want, i'd get the TM one like a shot if i could but if the only option is a custom then thats it, like it or lump it. And yes lumping it might be best  :)

Yeah guys,

It's individual choice at the end of the day. Whether you want this as a uniqu gun on the field or go for a cheaper but much more common TH from shop stock.

As Doom says, you get what you pay for. We all have the TM's, but so far I haven't seen another Sten here.

I admit the main manufacturers guns are much better finished and at a better price, but how many TM AK's have you seen on the field compared to a Sten?

Each individual must decide what they want and in the end we are all right, because we have what we want. And that's the bottom line.

Gunlady

Out of interest how do you load it? just realised the magazine houses the battery. Not entirely sure i understand how the ejection port works as the magazine for the bbs.

G'day 5th,

Yeah, that's where they go, but the internals workings are as much as mystery to me as they apparently are to you!

It just works, and that's good enough...

The battery placement is very limited on this gun, so the mag was about the only place, unless there could have been a hollow grip.

Gunlady

maybe it is made from a deac sten? almost looks like it quality wise... besides, if you want a faithfull duplication of the sten, it wont look very much better than that, now will it? ;)

Lo Sgt. Stringer,

Not a deact, the cost would have been far higher for a start. I somehow wish it had been made that way though. That's not a bad idea at all.

Gunlady

Lo Sgt. Stringer,

Not a deact, the cost would have been far higher for a start. I somehow wish it had been made that way though. That's not a bad idea at all.

Gunlady

well it´s a bit Ot but does anybody know a good supplier of old Sterling SMG parts ?

I´m desperately looking for a folding stock...and some other parts for my "project"

Considering that the Sten gun was designed to be made by Resistance fighters in tool-shed 'workshops', and was so simple that if the plans had somehow been transported back in time, Roman blacksmiths could have made them quite easily, I think that looks pretty realistic.

It's also interesting to note that the Sten had a 50% failure rate, and when I say failure, I mean catastrophic, gun-exploding failure. Which is why they were test fired using a benchclamp and along piece of string...

Thats probably also why any British soldiers who could possibly kill a german with one would jump for his MP40, interchangable ammunition, after all...

And I think the comapny that spedz was referring to is Smokey's, a custom shop who makes a Sten out of a TM AK47(or ICS) and appears to do a good job of it. You buy or supply a AK47, and then pay to have them upgrade it and change it to a Sten or do it yourself with a Sten project kit. They seem to have better build quality and actually load through the magazine.

well it´s a bit Ot but does anybody know a good supplier of old Sterling SMG parts ? 

I´m desperately  looking for a folding stock...and some other parts for my "project"

I haven't seen too many Sterling parts kit but there are old Asahi Sterlings available now and then. But then again, if you butcher an Asahi, may you be cursed with anti-airsoft wife. ;)

I still reckon you'd have been better off with a deact :P not like you've got a shortage of guns that do work lol

You could of bought 2 deact Sten's for less than the price of this.

Hi 5thElement,

We meet yet again.... Yeah, you're right of course. I just wanted one that fired because all my other guns do. Just a silly quirk of mine.

In fact that's a good idea of yours, I may have a look for a deact as I'm not very impressed with the airsoft one. Any ideas on best places to pick one up?

And as you say, I'm not actually very short of guns lol.

I am still hoping the get this Warhawk, better known as the AK47 Spretznets, as well as some new guns coming in to Airshooter maybe the end of this week or next.

The Uzi may come back. I liked that, it felt right somehow. I have the (KWC?) mini Co2 one, but I want a full size too.

And obviously the MP7 is a must. But either Cyma or UTG may be bringing one out very soon so I'll hang on a bit.

So it goes on.... but time is running out even if the cash isn't!

Gunlady

Archived