1911 differences

dirtyharry.44

Hello, Now I have been looking around since yesterday, and I cant find the information I need. I am looking to buy a WA 1911. so I picked out the one I liked, it was the WA Colt Government Mark IV Series 70 SCW-3. it was 107 US dollars. but then I looked around at some more and they had a WA-S70-SCW2

WA Mark IV Serie's 70(SCW-2) for almost 200 U.S. dollars. I was wondering what the difference is between SCW-2 and SCW-3. to be honest I don't even know what SCW is. Also, would a SCW-2 magazine fit a SCW-3 gun??????? thank you very much

Dirtyharry.44

this is there picture on their website

4363-150x150.jpg

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That SCW3 is a Magna Tech, meaning it's on a lower quality externally, but the internals are pretty much up to WA standard, with the exception of the fixed hopup.

Difference between the SCW's are the firing pin, and I think something else, but I forgot.

That SCW3 is a Magna Tech, meaning it's on a lower quality externally, but the internals are pretty much up to WA standard, with the exception of the fixed hopup.

Difference between the SCW's are the firing pin, and I think something else, but I forgot.

Thanks!

so I guess the mags are the same?

I was just over on snowmans site, and I found an excellent review of the magnatech. I think I will be satisfied with it, although it says there that it gets around 210 fps. with 134a. what do you think it would get with green?

Edit: it says around 300fps. with green. thats good enough for me. I'm gettin one :D

i'm not sure on those magnatechs...

even though i've only owned my first WA (wilson combat supergrade compact) for a good 3 weeks orso...the thing is amazing...

i've shot enough RS, and this things just feels so damn good in your hand, it's unreal...everything, to how cold it feels when you pick it up, to the sound of the slide beeing racked, is just so damn satisfying...

so unreal that after having owned the damn thing for a week and a half, i had to buy another :mellow: damn obsessivness... <_<

i was also looking at the magnatechs then...but reports said the do not feel anything like the expensive WA's, alot lighter and platicky.. :(

wich is a damn shame, co's that silver mark 70 really looks good on pictures...

but after that first WA, i have decided, that nothing else will do anymore, as i rarely have used/needed a gassidearm in the field

i have had all enough different brands of gasweapons in my mits, from TM's to Tanakas latest silver browning Hi power offering.. and i have not come across anything that feels so convincing in your hand.

however if you do get on, make sure you give us all the dirty little detail, as i would love to hear soime more about them...as they are rather nicely priced, i might be able to convince myself to shell out for a metal kit (if they exist) one day...

The SCW2 has a "transitional" hammer/firing pin system. I'm not terribly sure if this exists on the SCW3.

But basically what it means is that if you have the gun cocked and ready to fire you can hold the hammer with your thumb; pull the trigger and let the hammer down gently without the firing pin hitting the valve and firing the gun. When the hammer is in "safe" position the firing pin is off the valve so it's properly safe.

Well, I bought the 1911, and paid for it and everything, now I'm just waiting to hear - "your item was shipped" a friend of mine just recieved a KWA G19, that he absolutely loved - it is his first gas pistol, and he has not stopped holding it yet lol. Now i'm even thinking of getting the G19.It's not the most accurate in detail, but its a hell of a lot of fun to shoot :-)

congratulations, you have now bought a fantasic gun :)

now for the downside, every single penny in your wallet will be put aside in order to upgrade this thing so it looks teh sex :P

me and catman have done the same to ours, and if you have the money you will most likely follow in our foot steps :D

Archived