Cheapest CIRAS available ?!

tome

Eh...that one is completley off...the woodland pattern is not correct either. I have a clone "Guarder MOD 1" vest made by the same people. The fabric is not even cordua, its like thick cotton, or similar to denim. The "CIRAS" doesnt even look like one.

Sorry? who makes this? I'm sure it's not Guarder, unless you mean you have a clone of a Guarder.

I wouldn't go as far as to say that doesn't look like a CIRAS. It looks "like" a CIRAS, just not a lot like a CIRAS. Don't think for one minute that I reckon this will be good. It don't, but I thought I'd post it up for those that aren't gear snobs and just want the look for the lowest price possible, without caring if it works as good as the real thing.

Come on man! 70USD posted for a CIRAS replica, including with pouches and dummy plates, you gotta admit that's pretty crazy. Though I have to say I am buying a CIRAS replica and it's not this one :P

This looks like utter ****.

Seriously. What a waste of money.

Quality looks like total **** and the "woodland camo" is waaay off.

For that price (considering their shipping) there is far better.

I wouldn't even call this POS a CIRAS.

I've read a few reviews and i think i read that the Milspex CB is nearly a perfect match for the real steel CB pouches. Though I can't remember what brand of pouch and colour matching is a pretty subjective thing. If i find the review again i'll post up a link.

Edit: Ah I suppose i remembered wrong then http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80119

As for the Phantom one, i think it's the one you want

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.ph...98&page=5&pp=15

Quote from post #69

"The best part that caught my attention in the Phantom was, the Coyote Brown color is indeed Coyote Brown. I put my Tactical Tailor (new generation) , BHI, and Patriot Performance Materials pouches next to the Phantom. Big smile. Unbelievable folks. We have found the perfect match. Yeah. I was thrilled. PPM pouches tend to have a greenish tint, the BHI tended to be lighter, but the TT was paaaarfect! I own Diamond Back Tactical (Battle Lab) pouches as well, but those are in the darkest shade of Coyote Brown. They are more of "Brown." Forget the Proud CIRAS Coyote. That is what I call "Chocolate Brown". To each his own. Not bashing on the Proud."

LOL Tome! That's me who wrote that post #69. :D

And if any of you guys lurk at www.lightfighter.net you would have come across this post by Argyll yesterday.

3 of my guys have just obtained some of these vests from some USSOF guys who lost them in a card game!!

When informed they bought airsoft rip off's they were told that the USSOF guys recieved a whole bundle of them to trial,which were made by a company called Phantom....how much of this is true I don't know, but the vests look pretty damned good alongside my Original CIRAS(L) vest, sure the material is not as sturdy, but they're getting put through their paces in the real world envirnoment here in Iraq, and the guys have had no complaints with what they paid for,I don't know how much, but they came with all the pouches neccesary......mine cost me the best part of $800,and that was without any plates or Soft armour, theirs I think cost them $300...I've seen them for sale at $175 in certain places...worst thing was it was a mate of theirs who "inflated" the price!!!!

Archived