Which Ciras brand?

pingpong

What kind of slings are compatible? I have a 2pt with no hooks (I tie it :D) right now, as I got rid of my 3pt cause I didnt know how to work it, and plus I dont think it works with leftys (i am a lefty)

Will I need a +1 with a buckle or something?

+1, Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google 'Blue Force Gear' and look for the Releasable Vest Sling. That's what I run and I love it - it ties into the CIRAS's release mech so it falls away with the vest if you release it, and it takes the weight beautifully. There are a variety of attachments to fit various guns so take a look around and decide on the best for you. My only worry would be whether a replica CIRAS will have the strength to take the weight of your gun, especially with a lot of stuff hanging off it (RIS/RAS, scope/red-dot, etc), so you may want to be careful.

IIRC the BFG slings only run about $25-30 and they're the real deal so there doesn't seem to be much point in skimping on it.

What kind of slings are compatible?  I have a 2pt with no hooks (I tie it :D) right now, as I got rid of my 3pt cause I didnt know how to work it, and plus I dont think it works with leftys (i am a lefty)

Will I need a +1 with a buckle or something?

Don't know sorry. I haven't used one - just knew they existed.

Did you get a Milspex instead of that eHobby CIRAS in the end?

yah, I didnt finalize payment though, so I may end up saving it and buying the real deal. Depends on how many hours I get as school starts at my job.

Thanks

• 3 months later...
well ive decided to buy a Ciras package. now.. ive been reading reviews and people say both of them are good. so now im wondering which brand?

Milspex or Phantom?

the only difference i know is the price. Phantim is like $30 more then milspex. so anyone know any other difference?

im aiming for the Land version.

also another question is what size to get?

im about 5"5  135-140 lbs. not fat nor skinny. nor thick. iono how to explain.. basicly i wrestled V.. so wrestler body type? athletic body type i guess.

waist: 30 inch

chest 37 inch

height: 66 inch

inseam 29 inch

Please check my broken MILSPEX CIRAS after make your decision....

MILSPEX3.jpg

MILSPEX1-1.jpg

MILSPEX1.jpg

From what I have read both are 1000D Cordura, the number of pouches depends on where you order it from and, I THINK, what version you get, either land version or maritime

Phantom OD

PT-CBG-CIRAS-OD-L.jpg

Milspex OD

MSPX-CBG-CIRAS-OD-L.jpg

Both pics are taken from Redwolf's site, do some google image searching to get the vests in different light, to get a better determination of which one you prefer, Although the images dont really show it I have heard that the Milspex is darker than the Phantom

That is the MILSPEX CIRAS from REDWOLF AIRSODT..

MILSPEX3.jpg

MILSPEX1-1.jpg

MILSPEX2.jpg

Taken from 1337's Ebay page

1 2x AR Double mag pouch

2 AR Double mag pouch

1 grenade pouch

1 Double Pistol Mag pouch

1 Adjustable Radio Pouch

1 Map Pouch

1 Medical Utility Pouch

1 General Purpose Pocket

2x Soft Armor Plate "replica"

From Redwolf

1.One MLCS Tri-Magazine Pouch (Each pouch holds two M4 magazines)

2.Two Pistol Magazine Pouches

3.MLCS Medical Pouch

4.MLCS Admin Map Pouch

5.MLCS Radio Pouch

6.Large Accessories Pouch

Both are listed for the Land version (1337 states that they have the same pouch config for the maritime, or atleast thats what I assumed from the pics) so for a little more money the 1337 buy has more pouches.  Good point about the phantom pouches, i dont see too many milspex pouches that match.  Since I am not looking for a True USMC loadout but rather a universal color i think I will get a phantom too

Please check the latest description in redwolf page.

1.One MLCS Dual-Magazine Pouch (Each pouch holds two M4 magazines) <br>

2.One Dual Pistol Magazine Pouches<br>

3.MLCS Medical Pouch<br>

4.MLCS Admin Map Pouch<br>

5.MLCS Radio Pouch<br>

6.Large Accessories Pouch<br>

7. Two single M16 magazine pouches.(Each pouch holds two M4 magazines)<br>

8. Two EVA Soft Armor Plate (Toy only)<br>

9. One Smoke Grenade Pouch<br>

all the pouches qty. as same as other seller in redwolf. Thanks

Is this a phantom ciras? It says it is in the title but it looks different in the shoulder area!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Phantom-CIRAS-Maritime...oQQcmdZViewItem

That looks like a Milspex but don't quote me on that. In the picture it looks too dark to be a Phantom.

And Phantom makes their CIRAS' in sizes.

-Sale

Mmm quick question.. since the only maritime phantom ciras in stock at RW is the size S... Would it fit me? I dont want to spend 200$ on something that wont fit! My height and weight is 1,76m and about 74kg. My t-shirts are a size S-M sometimes S others M... S is usually for it to be a litlle tight :P hahaha hope this info is of some use, thanks!

Nesal, It seems like a small would work for you as I use a medium Phantom CIRAS and I am, in my opinion, rather large. I am 6'1'' and roughly 240lbs. I dont know what that comes out to in Metric but if you wear size S to M clothing go with the Small CIRAS, I wear XL to XXL clothing and a Medium CIRAS is a good fit for me

Archived