Worst. Game. Ever.

HaVoC

I just spent £14.99 on Far Cry for the PC. And to cut a long story short, in my ooinion it's a "steaming pile of malodourous donkey sh*te" (to quote PC Gamer, but not about Far Cry).

It really is - it's just too hard. I don't mind hard games - I played Half-Life 2 through on Hard, and although it really was bloody tough, it was enjoyable. I've had to resort to playing Far Cry on easy, and it's just frustrating, and no fun at all. Trial and error is not fun, and Half-Life 2 had very little trial and error. Far Cry IS trial and error.

So then, what's the worst game you've ever bought, rented, or otherwise aquired the full version of? I don't mean 'played the demo', or 'heard of' (this prevents CS-slagging-off for no reason).

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATED Far Cry, it just kept going on forever with its brain injuring difficulty and near eternal loading times just for another fourty seconds before someone put a bullet in my head, regardless of how well I was covered by some bushes.

medal of honour pacific assault on the xbox. what an enourmous pile of *beep* that was. i played it through once, played the multiplayer for about an hour.

i've had it since it came out.

too short, too easy, too dull, too boring, the bit with the elephant was about as impossible as opening a coconut with a lemon, oh yeah it was *beep*.

apart from the first level, shooting the planes down is fun, but then it gets worse......a LOT worse. and apparently the pc conversion is even worse AAAARGGHHH !!

i'll PAY someone to take it off me*

thankyou for the opportunity to vent my considerable fury at this game.

on a lighter note get goldeneye rogue agent - its awesome.

*this wont actually happen, dont PM me you cheapskates.

indeed to say all console FPS are ###### is wrong. saying all game son the PS2 and gamecube is acceptable :P;)

both the original goldeneye and the new rogue agent are brilliant, with the former being LEGENDARY, rainbow 6 is good, HALO im not a fan of, but i cant deny its good.

Pacific assault just seems rushed and, well, a bit of a bodge job.

The worst PC Game ever? Shadow of the Comet. Most of you are probably too young to remember it, but back in ye olden days of yore when 286s ruined the earth, this steaming pile of rubbish was garbled out as a result of some studio obtaining the Call of Cthulu trading license...

Anyway, the interface worked, but just about everything else was nonsensical. From what I remember, most of the puzzle seemed illogical, and even when you worked out what you wanted to do, if you positioned your character even a pixel in the wrong place you couldn't get certain objects etc. It got to the point where it was more rewarding to actually pick something up than solve a puzzle!

Far Cry was really easy once you got used to it and a great game until the monsters came in.

TIP: Use the binoculars to tag all enemies in the sector.

Some missions were so open and free that you feel the whole world is open to you. I sudgest you give it another go, its supposed to be a long game.

I think that there are too many worst games to name, but Doom 3 would be the biggest dissapointment.

Far Cry wasnt hard... Far Cry was a great game

i dunno what you're talking about trial and error, it was just like any FPS only it had/has fantastic graphics and physics, spent many a day shooting boxes across the sea with the p90 when the demo was released :D

and sniping the fish was good too :P

worst relatively recent game, Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault, utter ######. Star Wars Battlegrounds was ###### too

Halo PC was a bit naff aswell, took way too long to come out for PC and hence there were much better games around at the time + it was such a poor port that it ran like *albatross* on even the top hardware of the time

Far Cry wasnt hard... Far Cry was a great game

i dunno what you're talking about trial and error, it was just like any FPS only it had/has fantastic graphics and physics, spent many a day shooting boxes across the sea with the p90 when the demo was released :D

and sniping the fish was good too :P

Why, though? The physics do nothing at all - they're cosmetic.

Half-Life 2 lets you kill people by flinging toilets at them. That has to be good... :D

im not saying its better than HL2, HL2 is *beep* awesome :D

the physics were good in far cry tho, they were fun and thats the whole point

shooting people down stairs and then chucking grenades at the bodies to make them fly was fantasticly entertaining

and Far Cry was long, something that just about every other recent game lacks, took me over a week to finish far cry, completed most other recent fps in a day or 2

i was kinda dissapointed when it turned into a bug hunt tho, was better when you were fighting the merceneries

its not that repetitive, not anymore so than most FPS

certainly nowhere near as boring and repetitive as Doom3

you get to drive boats, fly hang gliders, swim through fish packed seas, drive through jungles, fight your way through underground tunnels, its one of the more varied games around...

and i didnt confuse rising sun and pacific assault, pacific assault really is shockingly bad

try playing Call of Duty, probably the best WWII FPS

its not that repetitive, not anymore so than most FPS

certainly nowhere near as boring and repetitive as Doom3

you get to drive boats, fly hang gliders, swim through fish packed seas, drive through jungles, fight your way through underground tunnels, its one of the more varied games around...

So far in my experience it's been 'drive/walk around a bit, get shot, reload, drive/walk around a bit, get shot, reload, drive/walk around a bit, get 1cm further on, get shot by unseen helicopter (instant death, even though I was hiding in decent camo and my stealth meter told me I was hidden)...'.

It's boring, frankly.

Archived