A British soldier from 1995-1998

PlasticMag

Moddy - How do you know they're wearing Webtex stuff? Is it labeled?

Plasticmag - Try and get PLCE, Arktis or Wyvern, but if you can't get any of those, then I guess Webtex is better than nothing...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To look even more the part:

If you useing webbing try and get 4 utility/waterbottle pouches on instead of 2 or 3, this is quite easily done. Get the pouches as close together and as far beind as possible and use bungiees to make them less bouncy and noisy. Tape up the excess of straps with black or camo tape. However if you are still going to use a chest rig then the only customisation you can really do is add a pouch on the back and add a radio pouch.

When wearing the trousers use twisters (or elastic bands) secure the bottom of the trousers to the top of your boots this will create a neat overhang further down your boot, this also stops any water soaked up to not directly run into your boots.

On the shirt fold and flatern the collar from the 2nd button down to create a v neck.

If you can try and get an olive green belt it also looks better.

Try and make sure that the string-like ties that are at the bottom of the tousers and smock aren't visable.

Shouldn't the flag come on the shirt already (like the combat jackets)? So he shouldn't have to worry about placing it on the shoulder because it should be there in the correct position by defualt.

Until recently the union flag was only worn on deployment outside of the UK. Therefore, it probubly wont be on a shirt you buy from an army surplus store.

To look even more the part:

If you useing webbing try and get 4 utility/waterbottle pouches on instead of 2 or 3, this is quite easily done. Get the pouches as close together and as far beind as possible and use bungiees to make them less bouncy and noisy. Tape up the excess of straps with black or camo tape. However if you are still going to use a chest rig then the only customisation you can really do is add a pouch on the back and add a radio pouch.

When wearing the trousers use twisters (or elastic bands) secure the bottom of the trousers to the top of your boots this will create a neat overhang further down your boot, this also stops any water soaked up to not directly run into your boots.

On the shirt fold and flatern the collar from the 2nd button down to create a v neck.

If you can try and get an olive green belt it also looks better.

Try and make sure that the string-like ties that are at the bottom of the tousers and smock aren't visable.

I would prefer PLCE but the WebTex is much cheaper and easier to get ahold of here. HOWEVER, I'm gonna see what I can bung up in terms of trade with people in the UK.

Thanks a lot of the pointers - I'll have to see what I can work my magic. ;)

*edit - are you referring to 'blousing' in the section bolded?

Shouldn't the flag come on the shirt already (like the combat jackets)? So he shouldn't have to worry about placing it on the shoulder because it should be there in the correct position by defualt.

Nope, as someone else mentioned, they have only come pre sewn recently. Also the contractor sews them in the wrong place (round by you armpit) so you have to move them anyway.

Oh and regarding the taping of loose straps, electrical tape works best.

If you want to be truly authentic, use green fabric "bodge tape" for securing extra webbing strap etc. Also, as this stuff doesn't shine it helps with your cam & concealment :)

I've found an OK-ish pic of my webbing (thanks to Doc-newstead for taking it;)), hopefully it should be a good referance for you.

post-2630-1153758131_thumb.jpg

Also, if it's any more help, I can post some close up pics of my kit next week when I'm back home on leave and have access to the digi camera.

PS. Ignore the open w/b pouch :blush:

Have you got a link to that stuff? I've seen it on L96s and what some for my APS2...

And he is refering to blousing in the bold bit.

Not sure, I know there is a site that sells it in the Uk though. Might be worth PM'ing Doc_Newstead, he posted it a few months back.

Failing that, ebay might have some.

If theres no serving or ex service soldiers on the forums, from the british army. ( unlikely I think )

Give me a shout for anything specific, as my brother has been on many tours, and currently runs a TA troop, and so is responsible for issuing equipment and the likes.

Yeah that link worked. Not the stuff I'm on about (the issue stuff is plain olive green) but looks like the same fabric, just in DPM. Would do the job.

It's good stuff as it'll stick anything to anything and you can easily remove it to adjust straps then put the same piece back in place again. good for in field adjustments.

Yeah that link worked.  Not the stuff I'm on about (the issue stuff is plain olive green) but looks like the same fabric, just in DPM.  Would do the job.

It's good stuff as it'll stick anything to anything and you can easily remove it to adjust straps then put the same piece back in place again.  good for in field adjustments.

I never go anywhere without some of that in amonst my kit. When i was going through sniper training we used it by the bucket load. It went on rifles, clothes, webbing even boots!

If i where you i would dump anything not needed for skirmishing (eg Mk6, CBA, bergans and the like) Running about in lots of un-useful will soon get up your nose and have you sweating like a gibbon in no time at all.

But if you want be my guest :P

Maccrage - I saw in the pic threads you bought a Cz75(?) for your loadout, what are you going for? Normal infantry? Because only officers carry pistols.

But if you normally have a pistol for airsoft, then it's fine to use, it's just if you want it totally authentic, only officers cary sidearms.

I like my loadout to be pretty authentic, but for when I airsoft, I'm probably going to buy a holster for my Glock, so I can have a back up. Is it the same with you?

Archived