New stuff from BlackHawk

R.A.T.M._JLD

32V1-ALL_2.jpg32V1-ALL_4.jpg

BlackHawk S.T.R.I.K.E. Cutaway Tactical Armor Vest

The BlackHawk S.T.R.I.K.E. Cut Away Tactical Armor Vest System is LIGHTER, STRONGER, FASTER, and BETTER than any other system on the market!

• LIGHT WEIGHT: Ultra Light Weight: 3.75 lbs.

• FAST: Fast and easy to put on and take off. Release strap has a round release handle that is secured

inside a protective band of nylon on the front panel shoulder.

• CUT AWAY: Cut Away Pull handle is small, easy, ambidextrous and hidden out of the way

location. Will not interfere with shooting and moving.

• SIMPLE CONSTRUCTION: Super Simple System. Very Easy to put back together after cut

away training.

• ADJUSTABLE: Fully Adjustable Waist and Shoulder System. Standard Sizing and fit.

• FULL VEST AREA: Full outer vest area usage for S.T.R.I.K.E. Molle Pouch configurations.

• COMFORT: Lined with incredibly cool and comfortable soft 3-D

mesh. 3-D Mesh moves air around your body as you move.

• AMBIDEXTROUS: Fully ambidextrous for High Performance.

• SOFT ARMOR: Cutaway ballistic vest shell designed to hold soft

Level 3 as well as Level 4 armor plates (8x10, 10x12).

• PLATES: Accommodates Tri-Curve plates up to 11x14.

• SIDE PLATES: Custom Side Plate pouch system up to 6x8.

• ARMOR ACCESSORIES: Accommodates Level 3

Accessories, Collar, Yoke, Groin and Shoulder.

Price tag $379.99

I like the look of the Strike system, but I really wish there was more detail on how the cummerbund works, as well as how its "easily" removed and put back together. This looks a little more comfortable then a Ciras. Just not impressed by the price tag.

I like the general shape this has. The molle area looks about the same as a ciras. Just wonder if the way its released and thos buckels with interfer with placement of pouches.

I like the look of the Strike system, but I really wish there was more detail on how the cummerbund works, as well as how its "easily" removed and put back together. This looks a little more comfortable then a Ciras. Just not impressed by the price tag.

I like the general shape this has. The molle area looks about the same as a ciras. Just wonder if the way its released and thos buckels with interfer with placement of pouches.

The day BHI make something BETTER or equal to Eagle, I shall eat my sweaty gym shorts.

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

The day BHI make something BETTER or equal to Eagle, I shall eat my sweaty gym shorts.

When I said it looks a little more comfortable then a ciras, I was referring to the area around the shoulders and neck. As much as I like my ciras, sometimes the shoulder pads can be too stiff. The Striker looks like it has a more natural flow around the neck, maybe giving some more comfort.

Agreed tho that for that money better off just getting an Eagle.

Id still be interested in seeing this in person.

Being an owner and user of a Land CIRAS I'd have to say the fastex buckles-method of securing the cumberbuns looks a bit useless. At least with the land version if I had too much to eat for lunch I would be able to overlap less of the front area and readily adjust the vest in that manner. However, with the way these fastex buckles work, you wouldn't be able to freely adjust the vest as pouches or doodads would be blocking it... If they copied the release system from Eagle (which i'm sure they did) then maybe it won't be so bad... I agree with what most of you are saying, for the money get the Eagle LE carrier as the ability to quickly release the vest in an Airsoft game is almost non-existent and the cool factor of being able to do just that in front of your friends wears out once you have to put it back together...

As someone who knows as much about modular systems as I do about quantum physics (I only got a 2.1), it seems to me that those QR buckles are taking up valuable room on the front of the vest. Don't people tend to stick pouches on the front of these things? :P

Assuming that is the front of course; I figured the grab handle would be on the back y'see.

At first i thought the back was the front. Then i realized that the fastex buckles are located on the back.

I think this is a fairly decent design however, i really think that the fastex buckles on the back are a HUGE mistake. Falling on six fastex buckles is going to hurt in a massive way.

I'm pretty sure the fastex buckles are on the front (drag handle on back, admin pile on the front and lower cut neckline). Quite odd placement, but I'm sure they work alright (after all, if you need to get the carrier off in a hurry, you can pull the quick release cable).

It's interesting and always good to see new products on the market.

Good observation fullauto, the back is indeed the part without the fastex buckles.

Hrmph, strange design but still very cool. The upper portion of the vest appears to "flow". It looks very comfy indeed.

Archived