WTF is this all about?

Ivery

ya think thats disturbing, I've got something kinda funny! My mom used to work in a law firm, and they had this guy that killed himself from helium (when helium gets in your blood or something like that it kills you instantly I think?). He had a lot of unsetteled taxes. They were wondering where he got the idea of helium, so they searched the internet. They found a site with 5 and a half PAGES of instructions, with how to kill yourself with helium. The funny thing though was at the end it said in big, bold print "Please follow all directions, failure to do so could result in brain damage" WTF???

Helium doesn't kill you, its the lack of oxygen.

Most people at parties with helium balloons will have at some point done the chipmunk voice by inhailing helium.

Hold your breath and you'll eventually get the urge to breathout and take a deep breath, because of the CO2 levels increasing, but with a lung full of helium, your brain doesn't get the message that it doesn't have oxygen so you don't get the urge to breath out, your blood oxygen levels drop dangerously low and you pass out, and may even get brain damage from oxygen starvation.

So next time you're silly with helium, remember to do it quick, don't hold your breath, and breath a lot before and after!

Another way people die from helium is they try and breath from the high pressure bottle which is used to fill the balloons (just imagine what it does to the lungs).

Frankly if you're dumb enough to do that, you definitely deserve an entry in the darwin awards!

Ohh woo is me, I must be a terrorist because, I found an empty bottle of starbucks fappuccino next to me

ewwwww :|

*wonders why Xaccers knows so much about suicide with helium*

It's not knowing alot about suicide with helium, it's knowing what effects certain things have on your body :/

*wonders why Xaccers knows so much about suicide with helium*

:P 

:blink:

Don't tell anyone, but secretly I'm one of those internet axe murderers you hear about...

I go scuba diving and would love to get heliox qualified. That's a mix of helium and oxygen, rather than nitrox which is nitrogen and oxygen.

Apparently you tend to speak rather high pitched and squeeky afterwards for ages because of all the helium your body has absorbed!

Part of the basic open water course goes over all the varied and interesting ways of karking it underwater, jolly good fun!

And talking of terrorists, I work with a guy who's been refused entry to Israel twice, the first time may have been because his passport photo made him look like jesus and apparently they weren't too keen on him either (*grin*), and the second time the phrase "prove you're not a terrorist" was used!

Personally, I've never had any trouble going there, and I highly recommend it.

Now if only they'd release a "Women of El Al" callender! naughty.gif

No, all they do is just say "ohh go kill yourself, thats less people for this overpopulated world" There actually happy, that 911 happened!?!?! WTF???!?! Ohh and they had this hate mail thing, and one of the people who hated them said " If you guys advocate suicide so much, why aren't you all dead?" They replied " We'll suicide is a choice!"

That site is real, there have been a fair few new stories about it recently, mostly japanese sites that advocate and and encourage suicide pacts. Teenagers wearing too much eyeliner tend to be featured heavily.

I actually totally appreciate the feeling that suicide is an option, but a very inconsiderate one. The whole feeling starts with self-indulgence and progresses over a long time to the complete disregard of how your friends and family would feel should you do it. Basically it's for pussies.

And although I reckon it is a right everybody should have, virtually none of the people on sites like that have any decnt reason to kill themselves, but some will anyway, it's just a silly self-obsessed way to get attention and feel like you actually did something with your life, even if it was end it.

TBH I imagine most people who do it actually revel and look forward to writing the note the most, and imagining how much people will love them when they're gone, its a massive attention thing.

Archived