AKS74

kronic

Yo,

Not much to say, but on the news page it says the price of the AKS74 will be $900. Guarder always put ridiculous RRPs on their products, so don't fear, they'll be the same price as their AKM & AK74.

Ah and Arnie the RPK kit had the highest RRP... $1150 if i remember correctly.

Cheers!

ED

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

night hunter, it's because the brand new weapon straight from the factory is a flimsy peice of *beep*. The Guarder is kit of the highest, and I mean HIGHEST quality.

If you want lower quality, buy a CA receiver and put the stuff together yourself and whatnot. Or wait for the ICS 74.

I'd rather save my *albartroth* off, and get something that i know is going to be sweet as a nut... with gold & shiny bits inside!

I'm 16 & i've saved for 5 months.. since the first news of this kit.

Lower quality would suck, i mean who else can say they have a steel AEG?

but its deactivated and you cant have any fun with a deactivated weapon :P ! Or you could buy a real one thats not deactivated through the russian mafia website (if they have one!) and then get arrested, and have to pay fines which would total more then the airsoft version, so I'll go with the airsoft one . Just a thought ! :lol:

Is not a deact, just a dummy that never fired a single round neither was intended to do so. Is build as a "souvenir" in the same place as real AK's and some are airguns instead of deacts. Maybe is possible to convert one of those guns named Junkers to operate with airsoft internals.

[rant] Look i'm not stupid (that was aimed at aeroduro)

I want an airsoft gun not a deact/dummy so...

If were to buy a dummy AK74M from Rusmil, i'd need to spend a pile of money getting someone to bore the barrel out (as they're solid un-milled steel).

Then the receiver would need to be moded.

How the hell would i fit the hop in there... ok i spose i could make a fixed hop, so i'll give you that one.

The motor won't fit in the grip, and you kinda need a motor.

Where would the battery go? (please don 't say the stock... it would hurt me..)

Also i want an AKS74M, not an AK74M.

Ah and finally the gearbox wouldn't fit in the receiver as it has a folding stock, so the stock hinge takes up a good bit of space....

Good enough reasons?

I started this thread to tell people that the kit WASN'T going to be $900, and it would be closer to $700..... not so people could tell me what i could do myself. [/rant]

Sorry i just woke up :)

I will, i'll waste my money on what i've saved my *albartroth* off for.

The AKS74M is my favorite gun... people spend shed loads of money mounting stuff on their M4s, to me this is is like that, but less bulky...

$700 for perfection isn't that bad... wait untill my next project.

Anywho, wait for my review, which will not only be a review of the kit, but i direct comparison to a deact AKS74M

Actually, I believe someone else made an AK74S out of replica AK parts or an air rifle. He had a folding stock and everything. Said it was about half the price of the Guarder kits, with the costs of work included.

It can be done, but it's not to everyone's tastes. I think that was Aeroduro's point.

I could have got trapper industries to bulid me an AKS74M for £280 (excluding the gun) using a yunkers receiver, and chinese style AKSU folding stock.

Although trapper make great custom guns, there's nothing like a purpose made kit.

+ i'm a realism nazi-ish

Archived