"Find me" in the Avatar settings

Hairy

OK, so I'm slow - I've only just noticed the mapping function.

Thing is, how do I enter a location? Not that Reading's too hard to find, of course.. although why you would want to is another matter :D

Yeah, i've been struggling a little with this.

(and no Sledge, i didn't type "MARS" as my location... Meh!)

EDIT: D'oh, D'oh, D'oh!!! Didn't realise that you have to SUBMIT A PIN to explain whereabouts you're located.

KNACKERS!!!

Just click on find me by one of your posts......R22 set this all up last night and I tested it so easy as that ;)

Ummm, cheers but I can't take credit for this one :)

Arnie set this up and coded it to fit in with the site. I was helping to test it as it went through various revisions, and as it got close to completion, Urban-Ninja and Enzo100 were the first to stick their pins in, helping to make sure it worked.

Hopefully it's going to be a useful feature, so everyone get your pins in there. You can click on "Member Map" at the top right of every page and then "Manage My Pin" to make your mark.

Enjoy... ;)

Urban-Ninja

It's a conspiracy against me, I tell you! They're all out to get me! Quick! Hide!

*runs*

*hides*

Seriously, the map feature is great, although it would help if 2 people on the UK map didn't live on boats in the North Sea *cough*. But really, great work Arnie and Will - it looks fantastic, and maybe it'll encourage more sites to spring up in certain areas with lots of players, eh? :D

Indeed. This feature could also help new retailers decide where to set up shop (so that they are closest to the most Airsofters). It could also be used to help prove the popularity and spread of Airsoft across the world, which could be useful if people start arguing for Airsoft-Bans.

Basically, the more people that add their pins, the better things get for all of us ;)

this is guna help you with desideing where to have AG 2005 aswell right R22  :)

Yes indeed - it will make things a LOT easier ;)

Anyone who hasn't already added their pin - Do it now :D

Cheers all.

sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but i was just thinking:

would it be possible to zoom in on the map, as it is getting very crowded and hard to see each individual pin ?

i dont know if t would have any practical use, but im just interested in seeing who lives where.

Archived