USP compact

0nslaught

im lookin into buying a GBB, kinda want a HK gun but lookin at the TM p226's on the side. and i know that TM's P226's are awsome but how are the USP compacts? can any compact owners tell me about em? and whats the difference with the taiwanese version and the japanese version?

USP compact is an awesome gun for the price. Very gas efficient, crisp blowback, and even better with a Metal slide and outer barrel. I highly recommend it. Oh and its also the gun jack bauer uses in season 5 which is a hands down perfect gun for me.

EDIT: BAUER BLASTER ROCKS!!!

I own 3 KSC USP Compacts! That should tell you I just love 'em!

They are very gas efficient, crisp, and accurate. The only draw-back is slightly lower power than comprable guns; although the shouldn't hinder you from buying one, because it's really not that under-powered.

Aside from that, I have never had any problems with my USP Compacts!

KSC USP Compacts come in two versions:

Japan market and Standard (Taiwan)

In a nut shell:

Japan market is slightly finer quality and detail with a unique factory serial number.

Taiwan version is a fine version, (not as fine as the Japanese, hardly any difference between the two), however it lacks a unique serial number.

Overall, I would highly suggest buying a KSC USP Compact; just steer away from the KWA version, you would be dissapointed due to the poor quality of the metal slide, for one.

Your in the US, get a KWA USP Compact.

No Trades but with a Metal Slide pre installed its a robust package

You can give er green with now wear and tear worries and u have no hassle about getting it overseas.

KWA and KSC are the exact same thing....before we start that question

Erm well the Compact is a proven pistol, i have one with a G&G slide, and its one of those guns that works when you pull the trigger, exactly what you need in a sidearm. I would expect no less from the .45 seeing as it operates on the same system. But like i said in the States, get a KWA, its the same thing but a metal slide added.

The KSC Japan version and Taiwan versions have the exact same trade markings, except for a unique KSC serial number (on the Japan version).

If you're going for realism, the KWA version stinks. No trademarks, and a poor quality metal slide, if you plan to upgrade metal slides, the KWA frame still doesn't have any trademarks. On the other hand, if green gas is your only option, for prolonged use you would be forced to get the KWA.

Also, it's fairly easy to locate the KWA version in the states, so there's no reason to order from overseas. Just get a KWA from Airsoft Atlanta, or ShortyUSA.

Where did you get your KSC Japan version, Hauk?

I'm assuming it's the model with the KSC serial number.

I bought it from Frank and John at Fire-Support

www.fire-support.co.uk

Great service too! Excellent communication! :D Posted on Monday, received Friday. Brilliant! :D

And yep, the one with the serial number.

Hauk

OK i have both the TM P226 and the KSC USP and USP Compact, the P266 is actually a more accurate gun to fire over the KSC/KWA USP Compact but the weight and the feel of the USP.c is much better as it has the heavy weight body, as others have mentioned with the metal slide and outer barrel on the USP your looking at a very good replica, also having fired a real USP.c I can honestly say the feel is perfect along with the balance, to get the same out of the TM P226 your looking to have to drop some money on a full metal kit that is a little expensive for the good ones but also a pain to install as some of them need slight modifications to fit.

If you want a middle road option i can't recomend the KSC USP.45 Auto great gun!

As for the Japanese models costing more, it's not a scam they cost more because they are only intended for the Japanese market they have a Japanese duty tax placed on them unlike the KWA which is only taxed under the Taiwanese duty.

There are numerous posts about why KSC is more expensive and the differences between the two companies and what gas should be used in them.

Also please note, do not buy a Japanese model if you live in the USA, Red Wolf and WGC will remove the trades permanently to compliy with US custom regulations, thus making it pointless to have bought the Japanese model. Buy a KWA and then purchase the slide with the trades on seperatly.

thanks for all the reply guys, i made my decision and going to get a USPc with a SD slide and barrel set, nineball flow valve and maybe a stronger recoil spring! ill give u a update when i get it and put it together. but i wont be getting it soon, im in korea :D

I own 3 KSC USP Compacts! That should tell you I just love 'em!

They are very gas efficient, crisp, and accurate. The only draw-back is slightly lower power than comprable guns; although the shouldn't hinder you from buying one, because it's really not that under-powered.

Aside from that, I have never had any problems with my USP Compacts!

KSC USP Compacts come in two versions:

Japan market and Standard (Taiwan)

In a nut shell:

Japan market is slightly finer quality and detail with a unique factory serial number.

Taiwan version is a fine version, (not as fine as the Japanese, hardly any difference between the two), however it lacks a unique serial number.

Overall, I would highly suggest buying a KSC USP Compact; just steer away from the KWA version, you would be dissapointed due to the poor quality of the metal slide, for one.

whats the best way to tell japan/taiwan?

i mean mines got ksc box and manuel, and full trades everywhere. it also has a unique serial number (on the little slive peice of metal under the front of the gun.)

but i checked under my slide release and its dosent say ksc corperation. i dont even seen enough space for them to spell that(under the slide release). (just wonder cause one an earlier post someone said he had the written under his)

well on to the topic. the ksc usp compact is great. (ive got mine with a SD black slide and black outter barrel with full trademarks, and i enhanced recoil springs and well as the rest of my spings in the gun, i also have a higher flow value that can even work on red gas, i also bought a new veyr accurate inner barrel).) its very heavy with the metal slide for a small pistol and is solid and packs a punch, its such a nice carry pistol.

The unique serial number on the Japan version is actually on the black plastic frame of the gun, on the opposite side of the de-cocker a bit forward in that "text" area (not the silver plate serial number). Usually some XM serial number, or something that starts with letters.

By the way, where did you get your SD Slide? And how long ago did you get the SD slide?

If your going to actually "USE" it in a skirmish, the KWA USP compact is the way to go. While performance is certainly adequate (accuracy on my 2 are actually better than my Glocks and M9's), it has the ability to take a beating and keep on shooting.

It's a working pistol in my opinion.

Archived