Bolter Idea's

LtDeathSauce

but in some of the fluff they are actually caseless rockets.

in ALL the fluff before 1990-1995 they where caceless, however some artists started drawing spent casings flying around the SMs in battle sceens. so to make sure that nobody was shown to be wrong, then invented a new version of bolter.

each chapter uses a different bolter(and some chapters use more than one style) so whatever chapter you want, could use caceless or cased.

[GW fluff = bs to the max. lol]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*off topic*

Does anyone else think that White Dwarf has realy gone down the drain - catering more for the younger LOTR players and doing a hard sell on their products; at the severe detriment of hobby material such as fun and interesting battle reports, modelling and painting guides and analysis of players' armys? What happened to that wacky ork army they were going to feature, with the squigoths and the awesome conversions?

WD sucks these days... (30+ pages of marketing!)

CC

• 2 months later...

sorry havent read the whole thread!

- storm bolter - you crazy!!

the only thing i can think of is to have 2 yes 2 guns strapped together!!!

if i were you id use 2 sas' bolted (excuse the pun) together then connect the two trigger mechs together so they run of one.

dude you've got a mega task ahead of you!

good luck

regards amsniper

I'm fairly sure a gas-powered system would be nice, if you're interested.

Basically, just get a mini air compressor, even the smallest one will do. After all, the volume of the barrel (0.0098424 foot radius* 0.0098424 foot radius * 3.14 * 1 foot length) multiplied by the ROF (even 3000 RPM is possible and easy) gives less than 1 CF/M, or cubic feet per minute.

I am unsure as to what pressure you would need, but the standard 90+ PSI for air compressors should work. Obviously, such a weak air compressor would be small and easily powered by a battery.

The compressor would then connect to a chamber going to two barrels. A rotating piece in the middle with a hole on one side would alternate the airflow between the barrels. I'm not quite sure how you would feed the BBs, either a massive hopper in the main body à la BB machinegun or a (sealed) auto-winding magazine would do.

The trigger would obviously close the circuit and turn on the compressor, it might be noisy, but powerful. The main thing to worry about is response, which is easily avoided if you choose a compressor with a tank (not necessary).

You'd clearly need to create the gun body somehow, maybe built off a shell. I dunno. But anyway, if you're up to doing a pneumatic system, you'd have a sick gun. If the BB machinegun gets 100 RPS, then this could get 200 (as opposed to 20). Theoretically, anyway.

Two guns clamped together would be easier, but not as powerful and not as cheap. But I doubt either version would be accurate unless you somehow got the barrels perfectly aligned. Good luck!

Archived