Bolter Idea's

LtDeathSauce

So basically, I want a weapon, that looks as close to this as I can get it.

bolter_13_wip.jpg

Warhammer_40k_Marine_Bolter_2_by_senor_freebie.jpg

What do you think I should start with?

I was thinking either a SAR, SAS, or some type of M4.

any ideas?

I want to improve it slightly, so rails are a must, also...

Does anyone know of or heard of anyone ever making a double barrel airsoft gun?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I Actually made one of these a few years ago out of an old AK74 springer kit (lots of modeling putty and plastic card). I found the back end of the AK was pretty similar to the back end of the "bolter" so needed less modeling than an M4 etc, body would. Sorry no pics it got binned a while ago !. if I was going to make one now I'd probably use a G36c as the body length is about right the magazine is about the right size/shape and the ejection port has the right size shape and position.

is it supposed to have a barrel and a grenade launcher or what?

I would start with a g3 sas.

The big bit in the middle is the barrel, the rest of those things are a little... i have no idea.

I was thinking that an M4 with an m203, and like... one body piece to cover it all, would look amazing. and be simple, and relativly cheap!

I Actually made one of these a few years ago out of an old AK74 springer kit (lots of modeling putty and plastic card). I found the back end of the AK was pretty similar to the back end of the "bolter" so needed less modeling than an M4 etc, body would. Sorry no pics it got binned a while ago !. if I was going to make one now I'd probably use a G36c as the body length is about right the magazine is about the right size/shape and the ejection port has the right size shape and position.

Yeah... iono, g36? might have the right porportions (if bolters were for humans) but I am not really a fan of them, but a giant box over a stockless g36 with a ag36 could look right.

The 'other' things look like a recoil buffer tube on top and possibly some kind of clip for a holster underneath.

G3 SAS doesnt have a curved magazine. Hmm...that suggests Beta Spetz to me.

I once toyed with the idea of making a Villar Perosa double-barrel...had ideas drawn up. Then I gave up :P

sigh, why does talk of bolters ALLWAYS turn into talk of full auto moscarts.

you would never be able to carry a Space Marine bolter. so you have to make an Imperial Guard bolter.

IG bolters are .477 caliber not .75 like the SM versions. and are the right sise for a normal person to carry.

The 'other' things look like a recoil buffer tube on top and possibly some kind of clip for a holster underneath. 

G3 SAS doesnt have a curved magazine.  Hmm...that suggests Beta Spetz to me.

I once toyed with the idea of making a Villar Perosa double-barrel...had ideas drawn up.  Then I gave up :P

The top bit is the auto sense camera type thing, al la FIST. Basically, the marine gets a projection of what it sees on the inside of his helmet.

sigh, why does talk of bolters ALLWAYS turn into talk of full auto moscarts.

you would never be able to carry a Space Marine bolter. so you have to make an Imperial Guard bolter.

IG bolters are .477 caliber not .75 like the SM versions. and are the right sise for a normal person to carry.

The problem with that is that 6mm still dosent do it justice, so if you go for that I'd suggest 8mm.

Mind you, if I was doing something like this I'd build a heavy bolter and have a box mag of mini moscarts.

G3 SAS doesnt have a curved magazine.  Hmm...that suggests Beta Spetz to me.

SAS don't have curved mags, but they have really large mags, which in my case is fine. Like most things I try and replicate, i want the same "Feel" not a direct replica.

the bottom bit is a bayonet lug. The top is sometimes pictured as a laser sight, but not allways.

AK47 is the way forward. then you dont need to worry about the mags and the back end is similar (as allready mentioned)

The only similarity it has is the slant on the upper recevier, and since that isn't tall enough, I'm dissenclined to agree to the whole... AK thing.

Look at the *tiny* inner barrel of that thins, if that's 19mm, then the outer barrel should be close to 40mm.

40mm...

I was thinking of making the outer barrel out of an old M203, and not have the inner barrel go all the way to the end.

Heehee...40mm auto-moscart?

wtf is an auto-moscart? cuz it sounds fun... someone enlighten me?

PS, 8 mm would be a bad idea, 6mm defintily.

probably a ridiculous ROF to make up for the lake of enourmo-huge-ous explosive coke cans.

tbh if your going to build a bolter your best making it a .68cal paintball gun.

airsoft wouldn't do it justice.

however a lasgun would work.

btw NEVER take these to an event like games day, anything that looks remotely real won't get in.

pete

Probably a stupid idea, but couldn't you use the bit above the normal barrel to fire bb's (as much as for it being a more practical size its also close to the sights so it could be more accurate) and then you could if you wanted to use th normal barrel as a nade launcher or just ahve it their for show?

G36C is a good idea. My friend owns a cheapo G36 springer and after you take off the front grip and stock, it looks much like a bolter.

And paintball-shooting bolter? This is one HELL of an idea. If I ever start playing that unmanly, insanely expensive "sport" paintball is, I surely won't stop on running with a plumber's nightmare.

More like genestealer's nightmare. :D

paintballing bolter would work too. you'd have to use an external feed like, say a tube feed to a backpack or sommat but the mag could actually hold paintballs.

plus if they're red you can make one hell of a great effect...

hmmmm.

airsoft wise tho. like i say a bolter is too hard to do. it wouldn't be done with justice. lasgun or even a shurikin catapult. hell a Tau Plasma rifle! THAT would be kewl

(spot the workshopper)

pete

Actually, I changed my whole plan.

Storm Bolter.

ab_fulgurant.jpg

this is going to be a ridiculously hard project, and I am going to do it.

I am going to make a double barrel AEG.

and it will make baby jesus cry with its ammo consumption of death.

Obviously this has some inherent difficulties, as hopup, safety selectors, and other things are only available on one side of the gun, and this is going to be basically 2 guns strapped together, and no, i am not some noob that thinks itll be cool to do something to waste my money on, i have been going through a bunch of different ideas, and since i have never seen a double barrel AEG, i think this one is going to be the project i actually do.

Basically, im going to take 2 G3SAS with the mags clamped and a custom body bit inbetween.

I will also need a custom handguard that can connect to both of the weapons that has the ability to hold both motors, or one powerful motors and gears to connect them to the gearbox's.

If anyone wants to help out with this project, PM me, and maybe we can chat via email.

Right now I am in the process of completely accuratly CG rendering a G3SAS.

yes, ambitious indeed.

remember, this is going to have the "FEEL" of a storm bolter. its not going to be a replica, its going to be a... fan fic... weapon... thingy.

Like, im going to put rails and stuff on the side, and different iron sights, so that its a little more useable.

:EDIT:

and yes, when I am done, ill think about actually selling copies of the parts so that other people can do it too.

i think a G36 would be the best for a bolt pistol.

the mags are exactly the same... that or one of those Carbon-15 tiny m4 things.

anyway, Im planning on keeping this thread up to date on my progress with the project,

and again, if anyone wants to help, PM me, i need bunches of stuff, like tech consultation, plasticard, a caliber for making my 3d model, general advice, a really long selector switch, and other stuff like that.

Archived