Bolter Idea's

LtDeathSauce

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That AK looks rather like a Ork/Chaos type bolter.

It's interesting to note that the original bolt rifles from GW way back when had a flared/spoon flashhider and a much longer barrel assembly.

Anyway if you are going for the "feel" of a bolter then the important thing to get right is the scale. A bolt pistol is more the size of the original Uzi smg. It only looks small because the Marines and Orks who favour it are much bigger than a base line human. The standard bolter would probably work out the size of a FN Minimi Para. They are also very wide guns. A heavy bolter would be twice the width of an M60 at least.

On the gas tube/laser emitter side I'd say they could be both. There are modern laser kits that replace the recoil spring guide on Glock & other pistols and fulfill both functions without increasing the external dimensions of the weapon. This idea could be extended to a Rifle.

Anyway if you are going for the "feel" of a bolter then the important thing to get right is the scale...

laser kits...

Yeah, this project, since 40k is something I love, will probably be pretty cool.

Now all I need is 2 G3 SAS to get started with...

<sarcasm>anyone got a spare high end AEG lying around?</sarcasm>

lol.

anyway, since this is going to be a stormbolter, the scale should be okay...

Veteran_Sarg_with_Storm_bolter_by_el_festablo.jpg

Please though, if anyone can think of an inherent problem, let me know, because I will probably forget something important.

• 1 month later...

So I've been posting on this forum for a while now, with my terminator sig, and I thought I was pretty much alone in the world of shared interest between 40K and airsoft. Guess not. Anyway,I think you would have much better luck basing this off of a new Terminator storm bolter.

Cant find any good pictures online, but I imagine you must know what they look like.

I think you will find these to be some of your biggest problems:

With a bolter, there is semi decent space to have an inner barrel, but the Storm Bolter only fuctions in "real 40k life with physics" by using rocket propulsion instead of gunpowder, because the length on storm bolter barrels is only a few inches. That said, the magazines will be mounted so close to the muzzel that accuracy becomes a real question,

so, needless to say, you will need to have some short tightbores and some nice internals if you want any semblence to accuracy.

That said, this is a great project, and if you use a newer version of the storm bolter, you will have alot of flat spaces to mount rails and a lot of internal space in which you can mount some huge batteries (all the better for larger ROF, which, when combined with two barrels equals my new lawn mower)

My last question is: have you considered using gas for this? I know you prefer to use AEGs, but it seems to me that using gas gives you two pluses: 1) You could modify the gas gun internals to include a fuctioning blow back bolt on the exterior, with, for instance, a "modern" storm bolter drum magazine, you could fabricate a huge gas reserve and a large amount of ammo too.

If it were me, I would probably go about building an alluminum frame around two KSC Glock 18Cs with long inner barrels and the slide modified so a lightweight bolt on the outside actually functioned. To fit the glocks in housing, I'd remove their hand grips so the magazines fed into the bolt directly. Assuming your a flipping genious, I'd set the storm bolter magazines up with what remains of the two original glock magazines sticking out of the top. These would go into the pistols in the storm bolter. This is where it gets complicated:

The two stick magazines would have to be cut off, and you would have to engineer a large gas resovoir that would occupy the rear half of the drum or box magazine (dangerous project it seems) but this resovoir would be connected to the tops of the two original magazines by either a tube or whatever. It gets trickiest when you figure out how to feed two GBB magazines from a high cap simultaniously. If it were me, i would get the internals from to M16 High caps and but them in the storm bolter magazien so the winds were at the bottom and they faced upwards and into the remainder of the glock magazines... if you get what I mean.

Perhaps I was wrong about that beign the trickiest part. You would have to work out a trigger and a hand guard that would pull the triggers on both the glocks at the same time, which, I suppose could be pretty simple. After that, you just pop your magazines in, *ohh! fun part here* cock you storm bolter with the bolts on the outside, and pull the trigger:

ahem: dakkadakkadakka.

a gas stom bolter is to die for....... and unless you have serious tools, and a hell load of experience in such matters, not to be attemted.

as for the short barrel lenght, use G3 higcaps and put them in backwards!!! instant 2 inches more for the barrel

Archived