MP-9

otherrandomhero

I won a KSC TMP in a series of shooting contests in a bet with a guy i know (he decided he won't talk to me anymore) and, as is, i have basically no use for it, as it is unholsterable. I have decided that it will be my primary for CQB games. The only problem is that i hate guns without stocks that fire automatic. I somehow came across this: MP-9. It is a SMG based off the TMP called the MP-9. It is basically a TMP with a long RIS mount on top and a folding stock similar to an uzi. It appears like a simple project, but i'm finicky with opening up and working on gas guns because of all the fancy internals in a small space. The rail looks almost like an MP7 style rail, which i'm unsire how to mount. The stock really gets me as how to screw that on. I can probably procure an UZI stock from somewhere, but i don't want to just screw it in because i don't know what's in there that i might hit. Awaiting any friendly advice,

ORH.

Post note: sorry if this has been done. I searched through about 7 pages before i decided to make this, so don't say "sEaRcH U nOOb!!"

The stock is not like an Uzi's, it is more like an MP7 or mac-11 stock in that it slithers in and out of the receiver as opposed to folding up under the gun when not in use, and therefore will require a bit of modification to make fit (if you have access to a mac-11, look at how that functions and try and model your stock after that). The best way to replicate the MP9's stock that I can think of would be to get a hold of a mac-11 stock, somehow custom fit the butt of an MP5A5 stock to the 2 bars on the mac stock(the bars that slide in and out of the gun) and hollow out two rectangular holes in the receiver to house the stock when not in use, and use the piece on the mac-11 that locks the stock in place, and also allows it to be retracted when the button on the bottom is depressed.

As for the rail, measure the space between the two sights and find a rail that is about that size, and use some sort of adhesive to hold it down (you may also have to raise the iron sights up somehow if you plan on using them).

Hope this helped, if the first paragraph doesn't make much sense to you, then try and get your hands on a Mac-11, and then it should be easier to understand.

Good Luck with your project!!!

Thanks, hick. You sure about the mac stock on that? The page on Wiki says it folds to the right, and the picture shows it too, which is how the stock works on a mini-uzi. I found some pictures from the inside of a dissected TMP and it appears i can get a small screw in the back without damaging it. I'll deal with the rail later because i don't need it right now. My problem now is finding the stock. Does anyone know where i can find the stock to a mini-uzi?

Oops, I guess I was wrong about the stock, in that case, your best bet would be to get some sort of small hinge, attach it to the back of the TMP's receiver using either some sort of strong adhesive (I would not reccomend doing that though) or open up the gun, see how much room you have in the rear of the receiver (if any) and use a short screw or two to secure the hinge to the gun. As for the actual stock, the closest thing I could think of that resembles the MP9 stock (not counting an actual MP9 stock) would be either an MP7 stock, or the bars of a Mac-11 stock with the butt of an MP5 or MP7 (which would probably require some welding).

it folds to the right.. somebody posted about this gun a while back..

Cool, i was right, it does fold to the right. Do you have a link to that thread? I searched a lot but couldn't find anything about it. Also, still looking for that uzi stock if anyone has any info.

Cool, i was right, it does fold to the right. Do you have a link to that thread? I searched a lot but couldn't find anything about it. Also, still looking for that uzi stock if anyone has any info.

You're looking for a Mini Uzi type stock, which folds on the right. The standard Uzi's stock folded up on itself.

:fez:

You're looking for a Mini Uzi type stock, which folds on the right.  The standard Uzi's stock folded up on itself.

:fez:

Does anyone know where i can find the stock to a mini-uzi?

Yes, that was established already. I've looked around at stuff and found that i can put a very small screw in the back, which means that the stock will be attachable as soon as i can find one. The Rail may be tougher to screw, though, because some internals are up towards the top. I have some very strong tape i can probably get a rail on with.

Still looking for that miniuzi stock...please send a link if you see one.

You know, there is a stock made for the TMP. I think an airsoft manufacturer makes it also. Try searching WGC or Redwolf.

Edit: Found one.

I knew this already, sorry to burst your bubble, but that stock is the wrong kind and IMO is the ugliest stock ever made. I did find the rail base there, though, and only $22. Saves me the trouble of customizing one, so thanks for that, El Hombre.

IIRC the back of the KSC TMP (where you would mount the stock) is very weak. I remember reading threads where the back of the TMP body had cracked under the stress of recoil (using green gas or propane) and people overcame the problem by putting a buffer in the back of the gun. Screwing a metal stock into the back of the TMP could be disatrous.

I knew this already, sorry to burst your bubble, but that stock is the wrong kind and IMO is the ugliest stock ever made. I did find the rail base there, though, and only $22. Saves me the trouble of customizing one, so thanks for that, El Hombre.

I do agree that it's not an elegant stock, but it would fulfil the need for a stock to steady your aim with the gun.

Of course, you can always take something from this and figure out how this stock attaches to the gun, and take inspiration from that for your stock. I know it's a 2-point attachment whereas yours is a 1-point, but the stock must attach in a non-destructive manner, as opposed to putting holes in the body.

Image:MP9_(Stock_Extended).jpg

That's the stock i'm looking for. I absolutely CANNOT locate an uzi stock, those things are impossible to find, i swear. It may be easier to weld my own and weld another bar lower to it to attatch to the grip, but the 2nd hinge wouldn't pivot right (on the grip). Another option might be to make the stock attatch with a cup-like tip to fit all around the end of the TMP, thus making it less likely to break off.

Airsoft shops' stock is out of stock i tried ordering one 2 weks ago and they replied that it wasn't in stock. Search google for ethier TMP or TMP stock. there are a couple of pictures of the stocks hidden in google that will link you to a store that sells them. they run for about 300 us $ though

• 3 weeks later...

Pimpin, im done. I managed to weld my own stock, which actually worked better because i could make the stock butt fit with the foregrip. After finishing i couldnt wait to get my camera and take some pics for the forum, but...my camera was broken. Opening the case reminded me that the memory reading chip in my camera fried, and i can't get a new one, nor will i get a new camera because i hate pictures. I will try to draw it:

EDIT: deleted, it did not turn out because all my spaces got deleted.

Anyways, i took some flat metal and bent it to the shape of the back of the TMP, then superglued it on. It worked perfectly. The rail sits a little bit higher up than i wanted, but it still works. *fruitcage* sweet, i gots meself an mp9!

*whines* I wanna see!!!! Find a friend with a digicam and take a pic!

I'll try to if i can. Really, it looks just like the one in the wiki picture but with a small amount of metal on the back, and the rail is slightly different.

Archived