PLCE question

maccrage

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
why would you want a basha in your webbing?

thats bergan kit.

Or patrol kit in your daysack if you need a makeshift stretcher.

Darkchild

Never said you want one in your webbing, mearly that you could fit one in there. But then as airsofters don't need to carry cleaning kits and bandoliers of spare ammo, they may as well shove some other stuff in the unused pouches.

In my time teaching cadets I've seen some weird and wonderful things put it webbing, and a bivi kit is one of the more sensible. I've seen cadets carrying wash kits, whole rat packs, game boys and all manner of "odd" things in their pouches. It does give you a giggle though :D

So you can roger a French General's wife over the dining table, and laugh about it later with Harper?

Exactly that, though there is the whole "rifles were shorter than muskets so needed a longer bayonet more akin to a sword thus descendants of the rifles still call them swords as a tradition" thing as well.

Darkchild

In my time teaching cadets I've seen some weird and wonderful things put it webbing, and a bivi kit is one of the more sensible. I've seen cadets carrying wash kits, whole rat packs, game boys and all manner of "odd" things in their pouches. It does give you a giggle though

I remember one lad on exercise.

LJ: "Mate my bergens absolutely packed to fookin bursting, can i put some of my extra rations in yours?"

Oppo/bezzer/walt: "Sorry mate, i'm carrying too much allready."

That night, he took out a Harry Potter hardback to read before going to sleep - in a patrol harbour that is...

I was not amused.

Another favourite was the cadets who understood that the left hand ammo pouch was in fact built for haribo. Looking back, they were miles ahead of their time.

Archived