PLCE question

maccrage

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might as well join in.

(i only use this for work, i use an omega vest for airsoft)

from the left:

knife pouch

double ammo

sword frog (im a green jacket, watch sharpe to figure it out)

3x water bottle pouch

bowman pouch

single ammo

double ammo

bowman GPS/user handset pouch

FFD pouch

and a prepped sandbag running accross the back of the yoke.

I have a 28-30 inch waist, it gets a bit crowded on there!

Darkchild

This thread has become a PLCE set up discussion.

QFT. :)

I use water bottle pouches instead of utilities as they have that nice little internal pocket for cyalumes, spoons, arc markers, tent pegs etc.

And they can fit slightly more kit that utilities.

Darkchild

Might as well post my setup too, since everyone else has. From the left first -

- Double ammo

- Utility

- Waterbottle

- Utility

- Holster

- Single ammo

Got a bowman prr pouch on the left yoke strap, and a source hdration carrier on the back of the yoke

Darkchild - do you find the WB pouches any less stable than the util ones?

Not at all, i construct it like this:

Pouches onto belt.

Utility strap run through the little loop on the inside edge of all pouches extremely tightly so when you lay it down it is permenantly sitting in a semi circle.

Bunjee round the outside of the water bottle pouches and bowman pouch (thats not prr by the way, i mean an actual bowman pouch) effectively making them one unit.

Solid as a rock.

Darkchild

It holds a bowman radio, the replacement for the old clansman system. Its a section commanders system and comes with a GPS "puck" which you mount on the drag handle, a handset pouch that goes on the front and the bowman pouch itself which is like a utility pouch with no lid and a square kevlar insert (to retain shape and save your life when the battery explodes!)

What people commonly refer to as a "Bowman" is really just a PRR, people call it a bowman prr because it was revealed by the media as the first part of the bowman program. In reality it has nothing to do with bowman except for the fact that the connectors on the commanders model are made to be compatible with the actual bowman. It shares none of the encryption or data transfer technology of the bowman and is really just a militarised walkie talkie.

Darkchild

Archived