WE Full Metal 1911's

Handsome Pete

just read the blurb on the front by ghost rider - theres 3 TM 1911's at my site, and neither of them have ever failed to empty a mag of bb's from one charge of gas.

even using mine at 10:30pm last night outdoors i could still empty the mag, regardless of the night time chill.

fair enough you say you've never used one that emptied its mag, but it smacks a bit of looking for an excuse to slag the gun off, just because you'd rather have the WE. the TM gas consumption is certainly not the forgone conclusion you claim it is.

26rnds from one charge on propane all over 300 FPS from my TM - im more than happy. and it cost me 70 quid with a spare mag.

The gas efficiency is, well, disappointing, at least with my copy. The gun can not empty the 25 rd mag on one charge of propane.

On 134, the gun goes and goes..........

On propane, expect 20ish shots only, in warmer climes......exactly one mag's worth of bb's in slightly cooler temps.

18-20 shots on green, so mags not being emptied.

Yup, the mags don't get all the way so forget about counting your shots.  On long games you may want to take a small bottle of gas with you.

You seem to be in the minority here.

I've handled 3 personally, and heard of many more occasions where the slide simply will not lock back or even empty the magazine. It's not an excuse to slag it off, but a repeatedly reported fault with the gun.

It was the MAJOR deciding factor for me getting the WE, and for me to leave it out of the review would seem rather foolish.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well thats fair enough, perhaps 'my lot' are just lucky then. whats even stranger is that they are all using green or propane like i am, and it varies so much. i wonder what the efficiency is like using abbey predator, which ia sort of green sort of 134a ?

I bought one!

Much as I am not a huge pistol fan I just could not resist the WE 1911. I can agree with most of the comments about it. So far I have fired it on both Abbey Predator and Predator Ultra. Blowback is clean and crisp; my slide was a littel tight at first but working the action a few times and a spray of silicon onto the rails seems to have cured that.

Mag cooldown in very rapid fire does take place, but only if you are trying to empty the magazine as fast as possible. I seem to get just over on full mag out of a fill of gas. Without taking a set of analytical scales and measuring the weight of gas going into the mag and comparing it to the number of shots fired it would be difficult to do a meaningful comparisson.(My WA M9 fires 25 from a fill with spare but takes a hell of a lot longer to fill!). Accuracy and power both seem excellent, I will have to wait and see what it chronos at.

Finish is good, but the paint has already flaked at the back end of the slide but only in a minor way. The charcoal grey paint finish is nice but Parkerised it isn't! The grip safety is posative but not stiff unlike one of the competing 1911's that I handled. Thumb saferty seems fine. Size wise it fits my Bianchi M12 holster perfectly. All said, I am very pleased with it.

I had a go with a friends TM 1911 yesterday and I got 23 effective rounds out of a quick charge. It was a fully loaded GBB, 1 in the chamber and 24 in the mag meaning the last two shots were pathetic.

Im pretty sure if I filled the mag up with gas it wouldve fired all all 25 shots.

I was using green gas if anyone was wondering.

I am on the edge of buying this to replace my (now broken) P99 Compact. The only issue is the mags. As I understand it there are no replacement mags available at the moment but they should be comming soon. I like to have 4 pistol mags just in case so is it completly incompatible with any other 1911 mags out there?

Archived