manufactured after 1898, kits (that can be used to create a firearm),

illegal firearm components, high-capacity ammunition magazines (magazines

that can hold more than 10 rounds), ordnance, or grenades. The complete

Acceptable Use Policy addressing Firearms, Ammunition, Replicas, and

Militaria can be found at the following URL:

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...amp;ed=firearms

We are hereby notifying you that, after a recent review of your account

activity, it has been determined that you are in violation of PayPal's

Acceptable Use Policy. Therefore, your account has been closed.

NOw what on earth do I have to do to get my money out of my account, oh wait 180 days and then they'll contact me :angry:

Give them a ring.

What is not permitted?

Firearms

You may not use PayPal to sell or advertise any firearms produced after 1898. This includes all "pre-ban," sporting, collectible, and curio and relic (C&R) firearms, regardless of their present capability to fire a shot.

What is permitted?

Blank guns, replica or imitation guns, paintball guns, and "airsoft" guns may be sold using PayPal provided that the item does not, and cannot be readily altered to, shoot a lethal projectile and all applicable laws are followed.

Source: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...ame&ed=firearms

edit: 3?

edit2: Your link is truncated.

Shouldnt be a problem buying airsoft toys. Infact their policy says its fine:

"What is permitted?

You may use PayPal to sell antique firearms (before 1898) and most legal firearm components. This includes firearm related accessories, such as holsters, scopes, and ammunition without propellant.

Blank guns, replica or imitation guns, paintball guns, and "airsoft" guns may be sold using PayPal provided that the item does not, and cannot be readily altered to, shoot a lethal projectile and all applicable laws are followed.

Even if the above conditions are met, PayPal does not permit the advertisement or sale of antique firearms or legal firearm components products on websites listed in PayPal Shops.

"

Shouldnt be a problem buying airsoft toys.  Infact their policy says its fine:

"What is permitted?

You may use PayPal to sell antique firearms (before 1898) and most legal firearm components. This includes firearm related accessories, such as holsters, scopes, and ammunition without propellant.

Even if the above conditions are met, PayPal does not permit the advertisement or sale of antique firearms or legal firearm components products on websites listed in PayPal Shops. 

"

MY GOD!!! If only someone had already posted that.

Good luck getting your money back off PayPal. I know a couple of people who've had their accounts frozen for no apparent reason, and PayPal have not given them the money back from the account.

Nothing you can do about it either, as PayPal are not a bank. At least, thats what I heard last time I spoke to them about it.

Best thing to do is to contact PayPal and explain that any activity like that was related to airsoft, not real-steel. As people have already shown, airsoft related activity is permitted. Quote their own T&C's back at them if they don't budge.

MY GOD!!! If only someone had already posted that.

Hehe :D Ah, the bitter tang of sarcasm :)

I refuse to use PayPal now for transactions, as it seems to be a complete gamble. Stick to bank transfers and cheques if possible; banks actually seem to give a damn when money goes missing! :)

The only thing I can find on my statement that doesn't say toy or airsoft is: "10 x 30rnd Magazines"

that'll be it then- just give 'em a call, link them to the website where you bought the mags off of, and expelain that they are for use with airsft, not realsteel. They should be fine with you.

if not, then its legal eagle time :(

This is why they have class action law suits against them.

Check out this site: http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Archived