Who makes the best HK G36K rep?

Spacemonkey

Well apart from HK :waggle: who makes the best G36K? At the mo' I'm quite taken by the STAR offering and if their SA80 is anything to go by, it should be good...

Also what is the rough fps out of the box of the STAR and others?? Does the STAR (or whatever might be better) need a tightbore barrel? Are custom batteries available to fit the gun to provide a bit more 'mah' whilst still staying 8.4v??

Classic Army am best manufacturer...

nuf said

The star one is NOTHING like the sa80, trust me, its like a tm outside, (i have handled that and a ca and a tm btw)

the ca is so solid, no creak, heavy, polymer yes, the real 36 isnt metal...

the ca is the most real, and cheaper than the star i think? (dare quote me..)

Yep! Gotta be the Kurtz! :)

Thanks for the replies, and to those who just say 'do a search', I have. For days... and all I get is pages of threads with 100pages on, none of which are specific to the G36K. That's K. Not C nor the rifle, but K. Not comparing two brands, but all brands. And that is why I asked the specific question and these kind chaps/chapesses took the time to reply instead of just giving negative rep to someone who has only made 18 posts. Nothing like welcoming a newcomer eh? ;)

Muchas gracias and all that jazz..

Whats the CA like as standard and what would need doing for accuracy/reliability? Never had a CA yet, but have heard good things about the newer AR15 clones...

Cheers Cobalt. Money is no object so no worries there... :huh:

Well, I've been running my CA G36 on 11.1v now for nearly a year with no mechanical failures, probably put around a million BB's through it, so that should give you an idea.

However, saying that, before I started using a high voltage li-pol battery, I did have to replace a defective bushing, but I've not heard of any one else having a similar problem.

From experience, checking the shimming job on any V3 gearbox is a good idea, especially if you find your gun "jams" when your battery goes low (not just CA V3 gearboxes, seen it with ICS ones too).

I pondered the very same question a few months ago - and ended up buying a CA36K. So far, I've been very happy with it. No complaints at all - and lots of compatable after-market accessories.

However, this past week-end I skirmished with a chap who's owned both - and he swears by the STAR....

I don't know - toss a coin. :huh:

I just got a CA G36K. All I can say is the STAR version is a joke in comparison. The STAR has the useful rail over the scope but that is the only advatage it has. The CA shoots better, and last longer. When I test fired them both the STAR jammed. :( The only negative on the CA is it needs good quality batteries. My 8.4v 1200mAh Powerizer brand ones last around 900 round before it dies. A Intellect brand battery is a must.

CA36K

Pros

Metal barrel assembly

Useable scope

Fire selections are engraved

Better material used

Cons

Plastic flexes

plastic cocking handle

wrong type of buttpad,its rounded not sharp edged

flash hider is to long as well as outer barrel

Star G36K

Pros

Plastic is stronger

Has rail on top to add additional optics

correct buttpad

metal cocking handle

includeds mid cap

correct flashhider and outerbarrel

Cons

plastic barrel assembly

white fire selection is painted

ugly looking handguard

sucky scope

I think if you'll be upgrading the power and using heavier bb's, then the Star scope is better than the CA scope. Especially since you can put another optic of your choice on top for working up close. I'm running ca36 (full size) with pdi170% & tightbore with .28g bb's and I absolutely love the 3.5x scope. The eye-relief sucks as everyone will tell you, but the real (related) drawback is that the objective is so small that it doesn't let in enough light; so if it's hard to see into dark areas (i.e. into the woods at dusk) with the naked eye, the scope doesn't help at all.

I'd recommend CA and the get whatever different parts from Star or TM that your heart desires, and maybe get yourself a new hop up rubber. The stock one works alright, I was able to hit a 3 in or so diameter pole on my buddy's chain link fence around 3/4 or 3/5 times at 60-70 feet on a day with a bit of wind, but you'll be glad you replaced it if you want the gun to perform at longer range (where the scope comes in handy and where the hop starts to become the dominant effect on the bb's trajectory). When I went to the 3.5x scope, I couldn't stand to use the stock hop rubber anymore. The consistency was very poor at the sort of ranges that the additional magnification helps with (i.e. you want the bb's to strike near the crosshair, as opposed to simply within your field of vision through the scope).

900 rounds?? Bloody heck... can you fit a custom battery in there that does last a bit longer? 8.4v that is... I'm not spray and pray by any means, but a nice wide safety margin sure would be nice..

well, there are more ways to fit a larger battery, like buying a full stock or a bigger foregrip, or since you can stick some mags together, stick on another mag and you can put some custom battery in there if you remove its guts.

its interesting, coz when I upgraded my K, I put a systema m120 in it and people told me my GP 9.6 1100 will not be enough and the motor wont even turn. well, it did. :]

still thats too small. Ill try to fit in something like this, and see what happens. :)

Spacemonkey:

check this out, right at the top.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...c=17971&st=1740

DazJW:

I believe all G36 parts are interchangeable. (except the BE one)

I have a CA C foregrip from my friend :P and willing to do the same as you, swap them if needed. I only need a C-type rail-handle, or will buy a BE G36K and put the CA C foregrip n rail-handle on that.

Archived