King Arms fN FAL

Shark413

Alright just got my KA FAL (long version, of course) in today. Bloody UPS didn't show up untill 6:00 (I started waiting at about 10:00 :\).

I don't have my battery yet, but my friend was nice enough to come over and lend me his battery.

We went out into the back yard and tried it out. So far I'm pretty impressed with it, but I can't really do an accuracy test or ROF test yet, as I don't even have my 9.6v in yet. I will try again tomorrow (hopefully USPS will be kind enough to deliver my battery).

A few things I noticed are that the front grip wobbles a little, but I'm going to see if I can fix it a little. Also, the rear sight is much too small for low light or low contrast environments, but it should work well for woods use. It is a very nice weight - not too heavy or light. It is a little front heavy, but the battery evens it out quite well. The gun is very long. I'm 6' 2" (1.88M for you meter people), and it got caught on my robe a few times while trying to raise it to the firing position quickly. The stock does seem kind of precariously attached, but as long as one doesn't use the gun as a club, the stock should be fine (I plan to get some real wood stocks anyway, so I might be able to reinforce the point where it meets the receiver anyway).

More info to come, I'm kind of pressed for time at the moment.

Now I can say a few more things about the FAL.

The magazine only holds 89 rounds (I counted twice), but it seems to feed quite well. There is a part right behind the front sight structure, and I have little to no idea what it does - all I know is that it rotates left and right, but will stop after about a quarter of a turn each direction. The carrying handle is sturdy, and I can confidently hold the whole gun in my hand and run with it. The magazine drop out fairly easily, almost too easily, not to mention the go in at interesting angle (kind of like AK mags).

More to come tomorrow if I get my batteries.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The moveable ring was the gas adjuster on the RS, it serves no purpose on the Airsoft version other than to be annoying and flappy. :D

I did notice a problem with mine upon firing my first few mags to set the hop up...

The hop up adjuster would just spin and spin and no hop was being applied!

After carefull examination (ok i threw somethings about first and kicked the dog a few times) I noticed that the lever that presses on the hop nub was not connected to the hop dial, a quick prod with a match stick and all was good again. Seems to be a bit of a design flaw as I was able to move the hop dial towards the front of the gun and have it disengage the hop again. Might be something that can be cured with carefull placement of a washer or two, will have to have a look.

Got my battery today.

A 9.6v will not fit without modification. Going see just how much I have to modify it.

Will post more later.

*EDIT*

Just took it outside (with the battery in, but no butt cap). I am seriously impressed. It is just a solid stream of BB's. At a range of about 50 feet, the BBs only deviate only a few inches. I don't have a chronograph, but I tried to shoot a plastic bottle full of water (the small half litre bottles), but it did not penetrate. I'm guessing the FPS is pretty near 300, but I am using .25g BBs.

I'm going to try to mod the stock now.

Here's the selector on safe:

SELECTOR.jpg

Here's a poorly Photoshopped version of what it would look like if it was in auto:

SELECTORAUTO.jpg

It can be a little awkward to get it to go from auto to semi or safe, but it's fairly easy to get it to go from safe to auto or from semi to auto.

I want to see picture of a gun not photo shopped..Because as in that picture the selector is postioned bit higher than the actual pivout point. My reason I am looking for this, with the G3 type receivers I always accidently move the selector semi-auto. This is because I shoot left handed, I dont not wish to spend upwards of $1k on this gun and have this issue.

Well just finished modding the stock for the 9.6v. It was pretty simple. All you need is a hacksaw blade and a good lighting source.

I can't scan it right now, but if you look in the manual, there is a little piece in the buttstock that is in the shape of an L. Just cut it out and the battery should fit quite snugly. However, the stock will bulge a little by the receiver, but it's not too much to worry about.

Many thanks to my friend, who's name on these forums I'm not sure of, but I'm pretty sure it's Sixus. He basically did it for me.

After about four hours of trying, finally installed an Airsoft Surgeon Stage 3 spring. Unfortuneately, the gun was able to fire maybe 10 shots on automatic before it just wouldn't fire anymore. I'll be sending it back to AirsoftGI (they rate it at 390-410, but mechbox.com rates it at 460).

Did manage to watch Snakes on a Plane and CSA - Confederate States of America in that amount of time, though, so all was not lost.

Can anyone comment on accuracy, is it say...like an TM M14, or more like a CA M15?

And when you went into the internals, did it have metal bushings?

I worte a review for blowback.de and even tested accuracy and it is not as good as the TM M14 though it has more power (measured 322fps, so nearly 1 Joule out of the box). The groupings were more like a CA M15.

Construction is very good and the weapon mostly made of metal. Stock, pistol grip and handguard are made of ABS. The handguard is very "tiny" and feels a little bit....strange. Arround the stock is a very ugly seam. Last but not least: Right out of the box the housing cover had some rusty areas. Guess due to the contact to the styrene the box is made of...

Disassembly is pure horror reminded me on the TM Sig series.

Here´s the link to the review for some pictures :)

http://www.blowback.de/board/thread.php?threadid=26665

So, the cylinder and cylinder head from the Sig series can be used, but does this go for the nozzle as well? The King Arms nozzle doesn't even seal with the BB, as the front part opening is cross-shaped. Since I'm in the process of heavily tuning my FAL, I will need another nozzle to prevent too much air leakage.

Am I correct that the motor coming with the FAL is a medium sized one?

Many thanks and best regards,

Hetzer

RS L1A1 flash hider and handguards.

100_0162.jpg

100_0160.jpg

100_0161.jpg

Unfortunatly, the flash hider does not fit properly. The barrel underneath it is too small, and the threads are too far inside the flash hider. The threads on the outer barrel at the receiver end of the stock flash hider, and the RS threads are at the muzzle end, right before the slots. So the end of the outer barrel hits the end of the flash hider before the threads get anywhere near engaging.

Right now, I have the outer barrel wrappped in leccy tape, and the flash hider is actually threaded onto that. It is suprisingly tight, but I wouldn't want to skirmish like that.

Archived